Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Etherington 17:30 - Jan 1 with 1865 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Sounds like it might be over tonight for Matty.
Etherington on 19:26 - Jan 1 with 1758 viewswessex_exile

He's gone.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Etherington on 19:27 - Jan 1 with 1756 viewsLeadbelly

Club statement confirms the club and ME have parted company.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Etherington on 19:29 - Jan 1 with 1749 viewsdurham_exile

Undoubtedly the correct decision.

Now a new Head Coach is required and three more players in the January transfer window.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Etherington on 19:30 - Jan 1 with 1749 viewswessex_exile

Etherington on 19:27 - Jan 1 by Leadbelly

Club statement confirms the club and ME have parted company.

Just re-read the statement, and it doesn't technically say that, it says "relieved...of his duties as Head Coach" and thanking him "for his time in charge of the first team". Back to the U21s?

Up the U's

Etherington on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 1737 viewsLeadbelly

Etherington on 19:30 - Jan 1 by wessex_exile

Just re-read the statement, and it doesn't technically say that, it says "relieved...of his duties as Head Coach" and thanking him "for his time in charge of the first team". Back to the U21s?

First line of the statement is “Colchester United and Matty Etherington part company”!!

Etherington on 19:36 - Jan 1 with 1734 viewswessex_exile

Etherington on 19:33 - Jan 1 by Leadbelly

First line of the statement is “Colchester United and Matty Etherington part company”!!

LOL, must have power read past that bit, but the rest of the statement is steeped in ambiguity!

Up the U's

Etherington on 19:42 - Jan 1 with 1713 viewsCrashBandicoot

Should have gone after the barrow defeat tbh. Now we need an experienced head coach, a decent striker or 2 and 2 decent defenders to tighten the back up. Then loan the likes of hopper and other players not getting into first team out

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Etherington on 19:43 - Jan 1 with 1707 viewsLeadbelly

Etherington on 19:36 - Jan 1 by wessex_exile

LOL, must have power read past that bit, but the rest of the statement is steeped in ambiguity!

I had to go back and check!

Agreed on the ambiguity. RC does have a track record of keeping on ex head coaches in other positions so won’t be a big surprise if ME hangs around.

Login to get fewer ads

Etherington on 20:24 - Jan 1 with 1648 viewsburnsieespana

Trouble is, in our position who is going to take the poisoned chalice of Colchester United.
Etherington on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 1582 viewsLeadbelly

Etherington on 20:24 - Jan 1 by burnsieespana

Trouble is, in our position who is going to take the poisoned chalice of Colchester United.

Good question. There will be people out there who could sort out the shambles, if given a free rein, but I have no confidence that RC would allow that.

Transfer window is now open and we need desperately to have a good one. Unfortunately I have little confidence in that happening either.

Etherington on 21:08 - Jan 1 with 1563 viewsMoor_Pinot

Etherington on 20:53 - Jan 1 by Leadbelly

Good question. There will be people out there who could sort out the shambles, if given a free rein, but I have no confidence that RC would allow that.

Transfer window is now open and we need desperately to have a good one. Unfortunately I have little confidence in that happening either.

Completely agree with every word Whalers.
Very hard to retain any confidence in an upturn happening.
This football club has a deep set malaise.
Recovery from that will take skill and time and a leader of some substance.
But who?!

Moor Pinot

Etherington on 21:18 - Jan 1 with 1549 viewsdurham_exile

I suspect that we will go down the player manager route in the interim.

There is little point in another untested permanent appointment at present.

As I also wrote a striker, a midfielder and a defender are also needed as a priority in the transfer window.

Lots to do and little time to make it happen.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Etherington on 21:27 - Jan 1 with 1534 viewsthrillseeker

I never want anyone to lose their job but this is correct decision.

Steve Ball, Dimitri Halajko & Dave Hussey should also be removed

Possibly Ross Embleton should also be fired
Etherington on 07:40 - Jan 2 with 1373 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The news of Matty Etherington losing his position as Head Coach just came up on Anglia News, but they showed a clip of Ben Garner.

That just about sums up the utter farce in football circles and shrinking media outlets.

I wonder if the Head Coach position at Colchester United should be advertised as a freelance position on a weekly basis? Or perhaps on a daily or hourly basis?

I almost get the impression that someone wandered across Florence Park after Ben Garner was dismissed and was offering the job to anyone in his sight line who wasn't in hiding somewhere.

I cannot imagine any interview process took place in respect of the appointment of Matty Etherington.

I'm not sure if Colchester United have board meetings these days but should that be the case it would be very interesting if they were live streamed.
Etherington on 11:33 - Jan 2 with 1307 viewsbwildered

Has ME’s contract underwritten that he could get a first team position until the end of his current contract ??

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024