Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 05:50 - Jan 4 with 6881 viewsghughes11

Striker Snapped Up Early
U's bring in Conor Wilkinson

"The striker has been signed from Scottish Premiership side Motherwell for an undisclosed fee, having been with the Steelmen for the past six months.

Wilkinson started his career at Millwall as a fifteen year old, but was signed by fellow Championship side Bolton Wanderers three years later.

After four years with Bolton, he spent two years at Gillingham, Orient and Walsall before heading north of the border last summer.

The twenty eight year old, who celebrates his birthday later this month, is expected to go striaght into the U's squad for the game at Swindon, subject to all the usual paperwork ratifications."

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/conor-wilkinson/

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:02 - Jan 25 with 1228 viewsburnsieespana

Yes think he is better than Mitchell but we do have plenty of centre backs.
Assume he either was costing is a lot of money or DC didn't fancy him as believe he has been training in the last couple of weeks.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 09:19 - Jan 26 with 1137 viewsbwildered

Stevenage Steve Evans says Colchester United are one of "three or four" clubs interested in taking Harry Anderson on loan in January.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:09 - Jan 26 with 1132 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 09:19 - Jan 26 by bwildered

Stevenage Steve Evans says Colchester United are one of "three or four" clubs interested in taking Harry Anderson on loan in January.

I've also heard Harry Anderson is a possible target. Has played for the Cowley's before. Rumour is that Danny Cowley watched him in a Herts Cup match a few nights ago.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:31 - Jan 26 with 1118 viewsbwildered

U's manager Danny Cowley was a surprise spectator on Wednesday night at Boro's 2-1 Herts Senior Cup win at Potters Bar Town.

And while the county fixtures are usually carried by Boro's U18s team, Anderson and Reece Hannam were two first teamers who played at the Lantern Stadium.

And Anderson, who played under Cowley at Lincoln City, scored the first goal goal in a 45-minute appearance.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:41 - Jan 26 with 1115 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Harry Anderson has just been confirmed as another loan signing.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:42 - Jan 26 with 1114 viewsthrillseeker

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:31 - Jan 26 by bwildered

U's manager Danny Cowley was a surprise spectator on Wednesday night at Boro's 2-1 Herts Senior Cup win at Potters Bar Town.

And while the county fixtures are usually carried by Boro's U18s team, Anderson and Reece Hannam were two first teamers who played at the Lantern Stadium.

And Anderson, who played under Cowley at Lincoln City, scored the first goal goal in a 45-minute appearance.

Harry Anderson confirmed on loan to end of season

Surely Cowleys recognise we need a striker not more midfielders
[Post edited 26 Jan 10:45]
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 1102 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:42 - Jan 26 by thrillseeker

Harry Anderson confirmed on loan to end of season

Surely Cowleys recognise we need a striker not more midfielders
[Post edited 26 Jan 10:45]

I think, what we need more than anything, is to stop conceding so many goals. With the players they're signing it would suggest a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 will be the preferred formation going forward.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 11:18 - Jan 26 with 1090 viewsRSCOSWORTH

More about Harry here. Good age and experience.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/harry-anderson/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68099165

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=77349

Login to get fewer ads

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 11:25 - Jan 26 with 1083 viewsburnsieespana

We will be able to.put out 3 teams soon!
Do wonder if we might have one or two departures yet.
Welcome Harry Anderson
We are going to have an unfamiliar squad/team on Saturday.
Durham will have to.put his thinking cap on when he names a team!
[Post edited 26 Jan 14:25]
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 12:08 - Jan 26 with 1068 viewsgerry_us

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 11:25 - Jan 26 by burnsieespana

Welcome Harry Anderson

I think I will only recognise the manager when I see the U's next at Harrogate

Good luck with team selection Durham.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 12:53 - Jan 26 with 1046 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 11:25 - Jan 26 by burnsieespana

Welcome Harry Anderson

You would think a few would have to leave given the size of our squad now. I know we've still got a few injuries but it seems as though these loan players are here to play. They'll all be in the squad on Saturday and it wouldn't surprise me to see two or three of them start the match.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:29 - Jan 26 with 988 viewsCrashBandicoot

The best thing to do right now is to see who plays on Saturday and who isn't in the team or on the bench before we start speculating who could be leaving either on loan or permanently. We have made some good signings in the transfer window and these players can all score if you look at their stats for previous seasons.
Do we need a new striker? Possibly, but with Hopper hitting form and seeking more goals, Wilkinson also looking for more goals and the likes of Chilvers & Jay potentially played further up front I think Cowley has made the correct decision at the moment to tighten up the defence. So he can try to eliminate the risk of individual errors and bring reinforcements to midfield so attacking midfielders and wingers can be used in more attacking positions.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:17 - Jan 30 with 847 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Newby leaves by mutual consent.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/alex-newby2/

Thought there were times when he looked good for us, especially when he first arrived. Another player we didn't get the best out of I feel.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:55 - Jan 30 with 833 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:17 - Jan 30 by RSCOSWORTH

Thought there were times when he looked good for us, especially when he first arrived. Another player we didn't get the best out of I feel.

I agree, he definitely made a positive impact when he arrived, but I'm not surprised Altrincham want to keep him, he's doing well up there. Hope it continues for him.

Btw, I'm sure I saw on Twitter somewhere this morning a rumour that Noah was set to move to Portman Road for £200k, with a view to then loan him out for the remainder of the season at League 1 level - anyone else heard anything about this?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 12:50 - Jan 30 with 804 viewsburnsieespana

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:17 - Jan 30 by RSCOSWORTH

Shame really as thought he looked good last year but obviously Garner didn't fNcy him.
Scoring a few goals for Alty who are doing elk.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 12:54 - Jan 30 with 804 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:55 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

I agree, he definitely made a positive impact when he arrived, but I'm not surprised Altrincham want to keep him, he's doing well up there. Hope it continues for him.

Btw, I'm sure I saw on Twitter somewhere this morning a rumour that Noah was set to move to Portman Road for £200k, with a view to then loan him out for the remainder of the season at League 1 level - anyone else heard anything about this?

I heard that about Noah, but what about Noah Chilvers!

Seriously I haven't seen that.

However with Ali Smith and Cameron McGeehan in midfield we can afford to bank the £200k and move on if there is substance to it.

Frankly the way he has been playing this season I would snap their hands off.

Arthur Read must be worth £1m on that basis.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 18:15 - Jan 30 with 766 viewsburnsieespana

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 12:54 - Jan 30 by durham_exile

I heard that about Noah, but what about Noah Chilvers!

Seriously I haven't seen that.

However with Ali Smith and Cameron McGeehan in midfield we can afford to bank the £200k and move on if there is substance to it.

Frankly the way he has been playing this season I would snap their hands off.

Arthur Read must be worth £1m on that basis.

Up the U's

My IT supporting friend can't see this happening as they are considering loans for a couple of there younger midfielders.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:46 - Jan 30 with 745 viewsBFG

We sold Kinsella 28 years ago for £150k. Is there no inflation at League 2 level?
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:28 - Jan 30 with 720 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:46 - Jan 30 by BFG

We sold Kinsella 28 years ago for £150k. Is there no inflation at League 2 level?

Haha - much as I love Noah (both to be fair), he's no Kinsella.

Up the U's

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:49 - Jan 30 with 715 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:28 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

Haha - much as I love Noah (both to be fair), he's no Kinsella.

Agree. I rate Chilvers, always have done, but Kinsella was next level. One of the best players I have ever seen play for Col U. And I got his autograph in the National Lottery queue at Sainsbury's! It defaced my ticket so I had to queue up again but I didn't care.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 21:58 - Jan 30 with 696 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:49 - Jan 30 by RSCOSWORTH

Agree. I rate Chilvers, always have done, but Kinsella was next level. One of the best players I have ever seen play for Col U. And I got his autograph in the National Lottery queue at Sainsbury's! It defaced my ticket so I had to queue up again but I didn't care.

Fantastic, great memory. Big question, if the original ticket was a winner, what would have been your threshold for cashing it in or keeping it?

Edit: aah, I get it, the one you fill in to select your numbers, not your actual ticket
[Post edited 30 Jan 22:01]

Up the U's

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 10:24 - Jan 31 with 631 viewsnoah4x4

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 21:58 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

Fantastic, great memory. Big question, if the original ticket was a winner, what would have been your threshold for cashing it in or keeping it?

Edit: aah, I get it, the one you fill in to select your numbers, not your actual ticket

Sadly, celebrity autographs are not the investment that many think. Based on the auctioneer’s estimates for my collection of world renowned Hollywood celebrities and sporting stars I suspect a lottery ticket signed by any U’s player might struggle to make a £tenner, unless the bidder is drunk as a skunk at a sporting event charity auction. It is easy to work out how I know…….
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:56 - Feb 1 with 546 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 21:58 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

You've got it!

I don't think I've ever even won a tenner on the lottery, not a serial player, and it would've taken a lot more than that to make me part with an autograph from the magical player that was Mark Kinsella.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:22 - Feb 2 with 466 viewsburnsieespana

An unexpected out is Ross Embleton who is leaving us later this month to take up another opportunity.
[Post edited 2 Feb 16:24]
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:48 - Feb 2 with 449 viewsgerry_us

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:22 - Feb 2 by burnsieespana

An unexpected out is Ross Embleton who is leaving us later this month to take up another opportunity.
[Post edited 2 Feb 16:24]

The fact that Danny Cowley always travels with his "bruvver" (job definition not really clear) probably made Ross Embleton feel like a spare p***k at a wedding so obviously felt a job somewhere else would be much better for him. Thank you Ross for what you have achieved for the U's and wish you well in your next employment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024