Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 05:50 - Jan 4 with 6879 viewsghughes11

Striker Snapped Up Early
U's bring in Conor Wilkinson

"The striker has been signed from Scottish Premiership side Motherwell for an undisclosed fee, having been with the Steelmen for the past six months.

Wilkinson started his career at Millwall as a fifteen year old, but was signed by fellow Championship side Bolton Wanderers three years later.

After four years with Bolton, he spent two years at Gillingham, Orient and Walsall before heading north of the border last summer.

The twenty eight year old, who celebrates his birthday later this month, is expected to go striaght into the U's squad for the game at Swindon, subject to all the usual paperwork ratifications."

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/january/conor-wilkinson/

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:54 - Feb 2 with 1046 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:48 - Feb 2 by gerry_us

The fact that Danny Cowley always travels with his "bruvver" (job definition not really clear) probably made Ross Embleton feel like a spare p***k at a wedding so obviously felt a job somewhere else would be much better for him. Thank you Ross for what you have achieved for the U's and wish you well in your next employment.

Nicky is Danny's assistant. Garner and Etherington both had Marshall and Huzzey, who seem to have disappeared without a trace, so there should be a spare seat in the dugout somewhere.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:24 - Feb 2 with 1030 viewsnoah4x4

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 16:54 - Feb 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Nicky is Danny's assistant. Garner and Etherington both had Marshall and Huzzey, who seem to have disappeared without a trace, so there should be a spare seat in the dugout somewhere.

Embleton has departed and is seeking (unstated) “new pastures”. How odd? Perhaps suggests was unsettled by the Cowley appointments? Rumour was always that he, Ball and, of course, Humes, always called the shots rather than the Head Coach, a malaise since Humes first entered the building. Maybe fans can finally rejoice that the failed model is finally busted?
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:08 - Feb 2 with 982 viewsghughes11

I think I saw or read somewhere that U18s Lead Coach, Elliott Ward, is helping in the dugoutn

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:58 - Feb 2 with 974 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:08 - Feb 2 by ghughes11

I think I saw or read somewhere that U18s Lead Coach, Elliott Ward, is helping in the dugoutn

Club statement says they're looking to fill his role, which suggests they see value in that role and want to maintain it. Sounds like he's had an offer he wants to take. I guess we shall see in due course what that offer is, then the rumour mill can click into overdrive as to whether he was a disgruntled departee, or just taking a better opportunity - best wishes either way Ross, hope it works out well for you.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 22:24 - Feb 2 with 930 viewsCrashBandicoot

I think the club is now transitioning to a new management structure as Humes left first (albeit when Garner was in charge) and now Embleton is on his way. Ball is the remaining member of the original management trio so either he is also transitioning over to the new structure or he may decide to move on as well at a later date.

Its unknown what Humes is doing now (possibly retired or working freelance?) though Embleton will likely take on another coaching or recruitment role at another club. It will be interesting to see how quickly he adopts a new role.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 08:40 - Feb 5 with 846 viewsburnsieespana

Ross Embleton is going to a Premier League club and DC seems genuinely sorry he is going according to today's Gazette.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:03 - Feb 7 with 755 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Huzzey is back! As Transition Coach. I have no idea what that is.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/february/dave-huzzey/

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 18:29 - Feb 7 with 725 viewsTheOldOakTree

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:03 - Feb 7 by RSCOSWORTH

Huzzey is back! As Transition Coach. I have no idea what that is.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/february/dave-huzzey/

Not sure how we've managed without one all these years.

https://learn.englandfootball.com/sessions/resources/2022/Transition-from-attack

Isn't that the sort of thing you should get to grips with in your first months as a footballer?

The bootlace tying coach starts in March.
Login to get fewer ads

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 22:17 - Feb 7 with 659 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 18:29 - Feb 7 by TheOldOakTree

Not sure how we've managed without one all these years.

https://learn.englandfootball.com/sessions/resources/2022/Transition-from-attack

Isn't that the sort of thing you should get to grips with in your first months as a footballer?

The bootlace tying coach starts in March.

Our transition coach is moving from relegation possibilities to promotion certainties.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 12:19 - Feb 8 with 601 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Lorenzo Dolcetti is our new First Team Analyst.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/february/lorenzo-dolcetti/

Pre-season friendly with Juventus anyone?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:36 - Feb 8 with 551 viewsburnsieespana

Kaseem has joined Galway until end of June who play in the Premier Division of the League of Ireland
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:47 - Feb 8 with 549 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:36 - Feb 8 by burnsieespana

Kaseem has joined Galway until end of June who play in the Premier Division of the League of Ireland

A good move for him. I think there's probably five or six of them that need to go out on loan to get some game time.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:07 - Feb 16 with 427 viewsburnsieespana

Chay Cooper gone to Hartlepool on loam so maybe Durham will be able to keep us updated being pretty local to him.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 20:47 - Feb 16 with 386 viewsbwildered

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:07 - Feb 16 by burnsieespana

Chay Cooper gone to Hartlepool on loam so maybe Durham will be able to keep us updated being pretty local to him.

Will join up with ex U’s player Brennan Dickenson who recently joined the Monkey Hangers.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 21:05 - Feb 16 with 378 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 17:47 - Feb 8 by RSCOSWORTH

A good move for him. I think there's probably five or six of them that need to go out on loan to get some game time.

On the bench for Galway tonight, who are currently losing 1-0.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 23:38 - Feb 16 with 346 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 19:07 - Feb 16 by burnsieespana

More than happy to do so Burnsie.

Ironic that Chay Cooper scored an absolute cracker from 25 yards for the U's at Victoria Park.

I might even take a trip to watch the U's at some stage.

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 08:43 - Feb 17 with 317 viewsMoor_Pinot

Ins, outs and maybe's 2024 on 23:38 - Feb 16 by durham_exile

More than happy to do so Burnsie.

Ironic that Chay Cooper scored an absolute cracker from 25 yards for the U's at Victoria Park.

I might even take a trip to watch the U's at some stage.

Do go along Durham.
Cooper is a very promising player who has already scored some cracking goals for the first team, has a goal of the month award and constantly scores in the U21 side. I think he's unlucky not to be in the main squad as I remain unimpressed by Hopper but the Cowleys know better than I and I do concede that a rugged relegation battle may not be appropriate to Cooper's development.
I see him as a more attack based midfielder and suspect that he could be our new Szmodics. We shall see and I wonder if he'll score for fun as Newby is at Altrincham.

Up the U's....and the Pools

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024