Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor watch 23:59 - Jan 13 with 2973 viewsdurham_exile

Made his debut for the Imps and had a goal disallowed before being substituted in the 85th minute.

Lincoln drew 1-1 at Wyscum.

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 15:18 - Jan 20 with 2180 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Taylor starts for the Imps against the Rams.

Currently 0-0

Taylor was booked and substituted after 77 mins
Still 0-0
[Post edited 20 Jan 22:19]

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 22:37 - Jan 27 with 2053 viewsdurham_exile

Taylor watch on 15:18 - Jan 20 by durham_exile

Joe Taylor starts for the Imps against the Rams.

Currently 0-0

Taylor was booked and substituted after 77 mins
Still 0-0
[Post edited 20 Jan 22:19]

Joe Taylor started again for the Imps against the Posh but was substituted after 68 minutes.

A great shame he moved to Lincoln.

Luton are not finding anything more about him.

Waste of a good footballer.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 23:08 - Jan 27 with 2034 viewswessex_exile

Taylor watch on 22:37 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Joe Taylor started again for the Imps against the Posh but was substituted after 68 minutes.

A great shame he moved to Lincoln.

Luton are not finding anything more about him.

Waste of a good footballer.

Up the U's

Couldn't agree more Durham, Joe would have been far better served staying involved in the Cowley project. But, time to move on, Joe has, as are we.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Taylor watch on 05:16 - Feb 7 with 1888 viewsdurham_exile

Taylor watch on 23:08 - Jan 27 by wessex_exile

Couldn't agree more Durham, Joe would have been far better served staying involved in the Cowley project. But, time to move on, Joe has, as are we.

Joe Taylor unused sub at the weekend in Lincoln City 1-0 win at Burton.

The anger sharks are swimming in my head at this profligacy. Luton continue to learn nothing about Taylor.
Shocking waste.

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 13:05 - Feb 7 with 1810 viewsTheOldOakTree

Taylor watch on 05:16 - Feb 7 by durham_exile

Joe Taylor unused sub at the weekend in Lincoln City 1-0 win at Burton.

The anger sharks are swimming in my head at this profligacy. Luton continue to learn nothing about Taylor.
Shocking waste.

Repeat after me......

Goosfraba....

No, Goosfraba....

It will work out fine, Luton will stay up and won't need Talyor next season, they will off load him in the summer, but he won't be worth much because he's been bench warming for months and we'll sign him for peanuts. It's meant to happen.

He's no use to us at the moment as we are going to finish mid table at best. Next season he will power us to promotion. I tell you it's meant to happen.

PS. I think Eskimos are smug.
Taylor watch on 15:57 - Feb 7 with 1786 viewsbwildered

Taylor now not required, system change by the new Cowley regime. Taylor and the U’s were set up has a rapid response game, alas too reliant on the one up front with pace, hence are lack of goals.
But a more team play in system, were more players are getting to the top half and supply coming from several options now advocated.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Taylor watch on 22:51 - Feb 10 with 1678 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln won 2-1 today
Joe Taylor played 89 minutes

Failed to score and not booked.

He would have tucked one or two of our chances away today.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 09:39 - Feb 11 with 1625 viewsTheOldOakTree

Taylor watch on 15:57 - Feb 7 by bwildered

Taylor now not required, system change by the new Cowley regime. Taylor and the U’s were set up has a rapid response game, alas too reliant on the one up front with pace, hence are lack of goals.
But a more team play in system, were more players are getting to the top half and supply coming from several options now advocated.

According to the BBC we had 25 chances yesterday, I think 20 in the first half, but we could have played all day and not scored. We have many forwards, but we don’t have a goal scorer (unless Akinde can rekindle his former glory). We came away with no points.

At Accrington back in October, we had 7 chances all game to their 31, but we came away with 3 points.

Taylor is a goal scorer, the sort that you just know is going to score when it’s one on one. No team can afford to lose players like that, but typical Col U, we managed to.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor watch on 10:02 - Feb 11 with 1610 viewswessex_exile

Taylor watch on 09:39 - Feb 11 by TheOldOakTree

According to the BBC we had 25 chances yesterday, I think 20 in the first half, but we could have played all day and not scored. We have many forwards, but we don’t have a goal scorer (unless Akinde can rekindle his former glory). We came away with no points.

At Accrington back in October, we had 7 chances all game to their 31, but we came away with 3 points.

Taylor is a goal scorer, the sort that you just know is going to score when it’s one on one. No team can afford to lose players like that, but typical Col U, we managed to.

“lose” is doing some pretty heavy lifting there, it’s not like we really had much of a say in the decision. I feel sorry for Joe too. Gone from doing what he’s paid to do, score goals, to occasional starts and zero goals. Still, Luton’s call I suppose.

Up the U's

Taylor watch on 10:44 - Feb 11 with 1599 viewsTheOldOakTree

Taylor watch on 10:02 - Feb 11 by wessex_exile

“lose” is doing some pretty heavy lifting there, it’s not like we really had much of a say in the decision. I feel sorry for Joe too. Gone from doing what he’s paid to do, score goals, to occasional starts and zero goals. Still, Luton’s call I suppose.

On the contrary, I would think we had a lot of say. In the summer Luton obviously thought Col U and its set up would be a good place for Taylor, the absolute clueless shambles that followed didn’t really give them much option. Having the team booed off and fans baying for the managers head is not the place to nurture a future star, especially when he’s feeding off of scraps while your defenders are pissing around playing Garnerbollox or Etherington’s confidence was imploding.

He’s gone and there’s little point crying over spilt milk, other than to continue to accurately record the history of the last 18 years.

....but football is all about opinions, and everyone is entitled to mine.

Taylor watch on 12:24 - Feb 11 with 1577 viewswessex_exile

Taylor watch on 10:44 - Feb 11 by TheOldOakTree

On the contrary, I would think we had a lot of say. In the summer Luton obviously thought Col U and its set up would be a good place for Taylor, the absolute clueless shambles that followed didn’t really give them much option. Having the team booed off and fans baying for the managers head is not the place to nurture a future star, especially when he’s feeding off of scraps while your defenders are pissing around playing Garnerbollox or Etherington’s confidence was imploding.

He’s gone and there’s little point crying over spilt milk, other than to continue to accurately record the history of the last 18 years.

....but football is all about opinions, and everyone is entitled to mine.

Well, in that regard you are of course correct, we were indeed responsible for creating the environment that perhaps invited Luton to even consider recalling Joe - or possibly they just saw he was scoring goals for fun at the bottom of League 2, why not see what he could do at the next level? I wonder, if they had the benefit of a crystal ball, whether they might have reconsidered the move if they had known the Cowley's were arriving a week or so later?

Like you say though, he's gone and we need to move on.

Up the U's

Taylor watch on 17:47 - Feb 17 with 1451 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Taylor scored for the Imps today and was substituted in the 78th minute.

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 15:06 - Feb 24 with 1295 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Taylor on the score sheet after 2 mins at Port Vale

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 21:33 - Mar 12 with 1056 viewsdurham_exile

Lincoln are timing their play off ambitions to perfection and two more goals for Joe Taylor.

I am as sick as a parrot.

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 06:47 - Mar 13 with 1013 viewsfranksic1988

Taylor watch on 21:33 - Mar 12 by durham_exile

Lincoln are timing their play off ambitions to perfection and two more goals for Joe Taylor.

I am as sick as a parrot.

To be fair he will have a lot better players playing around him and will be getting service where he can score. But we defo needed to keep him in January. The striker we Bought to replace him we don’t play !
Taylor watch on 15:21 - Mar 16 with 893 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Taylor has just scored Lincolns second goal today.

If only .........

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 15:24 - Mar 16 with 892 viewsdurham_exile

Taylor watch on 15:21 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Joe Taylor has just scored Lincolns second goal today.

If only .........

And their third

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 16:17 - Mar 16 with 873 viewsdurham_exile

Taylor watch on 15:24 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

And their third

Taylor hattrick

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 17:58 - Mar 16 with 844 viewsfranksic1988

Taylor watch on 16:17 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Taylor hattrick

Would make no difference down our gaff. We wouldn’t be able to supply him. We have gone backwards footballing wise since garner left. I mean look at us today. At times look like lost sheep.
Taylor watch on 18:05 - Mar 16 with 838 viewswessex_exile

He's a rare talent with an incredible future ahead of him. Already top league goal scorer for the Imps after barely a quarter of a season, and still our top goal scorer and likely to remain so for the rest of our season. Much as we must regret his moving on, we have to feel privileged to have seen him grace the turf in Col U colours. If Luton don't retain him in the summer, and they'd be mad not to, he'll easily go for 7 figures in the summer.

Well done Joe!

Up the U's

Taylor watch on 21:33 - Mar 16 with 793 viewsthrillseeker

This Taylor watch has to stop

He was never our player and his parent club wanted him tested at a higher level, end of story

I understand he scored a number of goals for us and has not been replaced but that is no ones fault other than the management team for failing to replace him during January after not recognising his input to the team

We need to move on
[Post edited 16 Mar 21:34]
Taylor watch on 21:52 - Mar 16 with 780 viewsdurham_exile

Taylor watch on 21:33 - Mar 16 by thrillseeker

This Taylor watch has to stop

He was never our player and his parent club wanted him tested at a higher level, end of story

I understand he scored a number of goals for us and has not been replaced but that is no ones fault other than the management team for failing to replace him during January after not recognising his input to the team

We need to move on
[Post edited 16 Mar 21:34]

TS

You've answered your own question.

Taylor frankly was irreplaceable. He is going to be a real handful in the Championship next season for Luton.

Taylor watch takes some of the agony away from our predicament whilst demonstrating that he can score goals at any level.

I know he was never our player but he was intended to be at the JCS for the entire season and would have been if we had played some better football in the first half of the season.

If Luton had simply waited a fortnight for the Cowleys to enter the fray he would have stayed and would have been the first player since Cureton to score more than 20 goals in a season.

However frustrating it is to deny, he would have already fired us to mid table obscurity instead of this constant concern about relegation and non league football.

When Tovide is back he will hopefully offer a partner up front with Ihionvien.

Up the U's and well done Joe Taylor.
[Post edited 16 Mar 21:56]

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 22:08 - Mar 16 with 767 viewsfranksic1988

Taylor watch on 21:52 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

TS

You've answered your own question.

Taylor frankly was irreplaceable. He is going to be a real handful in the Championship next season for Luton.

Taylor watch takes some of the agony away from our predicament whilst demonstrating that he can score goals at any level.

I know he was never our player but he was intended to be at the JCS for the entire season and would have been if we had played some better football in the first half of the season.

If Luton had simply waited a fortnight for the Cowleys to enter the fray he would have stayed and would have been the first player since Cureton to score more than 20 goals in a season.

However frustrating it is to deny, he would have already fired us to mid table obscurity instead of this constant concern about relegation and non league football.

When Tovide is back he will hopefully offer a partner up front with Ihionvien.

Up the U's and well done Joe Taylor.
[Post edited 16 Mar 21:56]

Do you genuinely think looking back at the recent home games, that Taylor would have had any service. Most of the goals under DC come from midfield where we can’t build up play. Yes Taylor would have scored more goals than we currently have. But he wouldn’t have been prolific under DC, we simply do not have the other 10 men around him to allow him to shine. Also would DC even know how to use a player or that quality!!

Lincoln would tear as a new asshole, he has better players around him laying him in. On our recent performance we are lucky if we can pass it 3/4 times without booting it out of play or miss passing it.

Taylor was to good for Colchester even when we was playing half decent football. It would be embarrassing for him now to run around on current form.
Taylor watch on 23:03 - Mar 16 with 747 viewsdurham_exile

Taylor watch on 22:08 - Mar 16 by franksic1988

Do you genuinely think looking back at the recent home games, that Taylor would have had any service. Most of the goals under DC come from midfield where we can’t build up play. Yes Taylor would have scored more goals than we currently have. But he wouldn’t have been prolific under DC, we simply do not have the other 10 men around him to allow him to shine. Also would DC even know how to use a player or that quality!!

Lincoln would tear as a new asshole, he has better players around him laying him in. On our recent performance we are lucky if we can pass it 3/4 times without booting it out of play or miss passing it.

Taylor was to good for Colchester even when we was playing half decent football. It would be embarrassing for him now to run around on current form.

This site rightly allows all views to be expressed.

The truth of course is that no-one knows for sure what would have happened had JT remained with our U's under Cowley. We do agree though that he would have scored goals.

Injuries have been costly this season.

Tovide and Wilkinson have been injured at the worst possible time.

Kells has been missing and every defender has befallen an injury at some stage, result inconsistency of performance and he nobility to play a settled team.

This season is all about survival and then mounting a serious challenge for the play offs next year.

One thing is certain JT would have made our team a far better one in the second half of the season. He is the most exciting player to represent our club for the last 15 years.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 00:10 - Mar 17 with 742 viewsfranksic1988

Taylor watch on 23:03 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

This site rightly allows all views to be expressed.

The truth of course is that no-one knows for sure what would have happened had JT remained with our U's under Cowley. We do agree though that he would have scored goals.

Injuries have been costly this season.

Tovide and Wilkinson have been injured at the worst possible time.

Kells has been missing and every defender has befallen an injury at some stage, result inconsistency of performance and he nobility to play a settled team.

This season is all about survival and then mounting a serious challenge for the play offs next year.

One thing is certain JT would have made our team a far better one in the second half of the season. He is the most exciting player to represent our club for the last 15 years.

Up the U's

I didn’t mean it rudely! I just meant it’s easy to look on in envy. But reality is he wouldn’t be pinging in goals for us, with the current team.

Wilkinson for some reason can’t get a decent run of games for love nor money regardless of a recent injury. He hasn’t been injured since he joint.

During his lay off maybe in desperation or rose tinted glasses we have turned Tovide into a goal scoring machine. He as only 4 in 16. Obvs that’s 3/4 more than the current 2 up top. Hopper with 1 isn’t it.

Unless we play better football the goals won’t come.. today why was there 11 of our own players defending a corner in our box… how can we ever conduct a counter… also the midfield at times was void of a col u shirt… you could of parked 2 tanks in the gaps.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024