Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sutton away 24th Feb 19:01 - Jan 30 with 1009 viewswessex_exile

Mindful that Sutton play their last game in hand tonight at home to Harrogate (Come on the Betty's!), just a heads-up that the line to West Sutton station right next to their ground appears to be closed on 24th Feb, presumably for engineering works? You can still get to the main Sutton station though, which is only just over a mile from the ground.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:01 - Jan 30 with 971 viewswessex_exile

...and, Harrogate take the lead with just over half an hour to go - happy days!

Up the U's

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:21 - Jan 30 with 959 viewswessex_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:01 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

...and now, 2-0 to Harrogate with 15 minutes to go

Up the U's

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:22 - Jan 30 with 959 viewsdurham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:01 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

Wessex 2-0, a brace from Muldoon.

All good news.

Three points against FGR on Saturday will certainly makes the situation look quite rosy.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:32 - Jan 30 with 954 viewswessex_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:22 - Jan 30 by durham_exile

Wessex 2-0, a brace from Muldoon.

All good news.

Three points against FGR on Saturday will certainly makes the situation look quite rosy.

Up the U's

Sutton pull one back

Up the U's

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:39 - Jan 30 with 948 viewsdurham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:32 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

Sutton pull one back

Harrogate stamp their play off credentials at Gander Green Lane after they hung on to win 2-1.

Good stuff

Durham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 21:42 - Jan 30 with 944 viewswessex_exile

That's a wrap - Sutton 1 Harrogate 2, seven points behind and no games in hand, FGR nine points behind and one game in hand. Saturday's game was already massive, but it comprehensively puts our survival in our own hands if we get it right.

Up the Cowley inspired U's!
[Post edited 30 Jan 21:42]

Up the U's

Sutton away 24th Feb on 22:00 - Jan 30 with 923 viewsnoah4x4

What makes Saturday even more interesting is Sutton play Doncaster, and they both can’t take three points. A win for the U’s and a win for Doncaster will make Sutton and FGRs plight all the more precarious. A win for Sutton plunges Doncaster deeper into the mire. Our destiny is very much in our own hands.
Sutton away 24th Feb on 08:37 - Jan 31 with 853 viewsburnsieespana

Imo a win for us and a draw for Sutton and Doncaster best result for us.
Unless we are going to pick up a lot of points, in the coming weeks, which is entirely possible, the more sides in rhe mix the better it is.
Login to get fewer ads

Sutton away 24th Feb on 11:15 - Jan 31 with 829 viewsdurham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 08:37 - Jan 31 by burnsieespana

Imo a win for us and a draw for Sutton and Doncaster best result for us.
Unless we are going to pick up a lot of points, in the coming weeks, which is entirely possible, the more sides in rhe mix the better it is.

Burnsie - I have been giving this a good deal of thought and more of this to come in my pre-match FGR assessment.

However I remember the time that we went unbeaten for 17 games and wonder whether DC can recreate this amazing record.

I am inclined to say yes he can. We will see but there is something special brewing in NE Essex.

Three points Saturday and as Noah points out a key match between Sutton and Doncaster and there will be clear water between the U's and the relegation pack.

More to come.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 11:54 - Jan 31 with 819 viewswessex_exile

Must admit, I'm in two minds about the Sutton Donny game. Logic says put as much space between ourselves and the bottom two as possible, but then again Donny are in free-fall and look like they might be making a strong claim for relegation - do we really want them to have a morale-boosting win right now?

Up the U's

Sutton away 24th Feb on 17:00 - Jan 31 with 775 viewsgerry_us

How about we start having confidence in our new management team and stop continually discussing what other teams around us are doing. It will be irrelevant in a couple of weeks..
Sutton away 24th Feb on 18:32 - Jan 31 with 742 viewswessex_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 17:00 - Jan 31 by gerry_us

How about we start having confidence in our new management team and stop continually discussing what other teams around us are doing. It will be irrelevant in a couple of weeks..

I'm pretty sure we've all got supreme confidence in the management team, and in our squad, who should be at a much higher level than they currently are. But there's no harm in also considering 'insurance policies' given our current position, and basically also because it's a bit of fun to chat about.

Up the U's

Sutton away 24th Feb on 22:03 - Jan 31 with 702 viewsDaniel

There's also engineering works between Colchester and Liverpool Street [cry

I've never made it to Sutton, I think Covid restrictions stopped my first attempt(s) and last season it clashed with England's World Cup game against France.
Sutton away 24th Feb on 22:06 - Jan 31 with 702 viewsoxfcolu

Sutton away 24th Feb on 18:32 - Jan 31 by wessex_exile

I'm pretty sure we've all got supreme confidence in the management team, and in our squad, who should be at a much higher level than they currently are. But there's no harm in also considering 'insurance policies' given our current position, and basically also because it's a bit of fun to chat about.

Yes I agree it is fun to talk about it, but we have been( let's be honest )rubbish for so long we can't help looking over our shoulder.
Sutton away 24th Feb on 22:28 - Jan 31 with 693 viewsdurham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 22:06 - Jan 31 by oxfcolu

Yes I agree it is fun to talk about it, but we have been( let's be honest )rubbish for so long we can't help looking over our shoulder.

DC has instilled confidence in the team.
He has galvanised the club and the faithful are totally united behind the Cowleys.

It is years since that spirit has existed in the team.
We are already witnessing the best thing to happen to our club since 2006.

Our survival is assured this season and next season DC will have us challenging for the top seven.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 22:36 - Jan 31 with 688 viewsghughes11

Did I miss hear or did DC say in his post match interview after the Morcambe match that he is aiming for 12th in the league by the end of the season?!?

Love that ambition, even though I think that it may well be a stretch!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Sutton away 24th Feb on 00:11 - Feb 1 with 672 viewsdurham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 22:36 - Jan 31 by ghughes11

Did I miss hear or did DC say in his post match interview after the Morcambe match that he is aiming for 12th in the league by the end of the season?!?

Love that ambition, even though I think that it may well be a stretch!

ghughes - I have watched the DC words of wisdom twice now and I didn't hear top 12 but I am of the belief that we can finish top 10.

More of that to come later in the week.

FGR bring them on. In fact bring them all on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 07:51 - Feb 1 with 643 viewsburnsieespana

I didn't say what I did above out of fear or lack of confidence but would like to see more sides pulled into the relegation scrap because this would help our upwards mobility.
[Post edited 1 Feb 20:04]
Sutton away 24th Feb on 11:05 - Feb 1 with 614 viewsdurham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 07:51 - Feb 1 by burnsieespana

I didn't say what I did above out of fear or lack of confidence but would like to see more sides pulled into the relegation scrap because this would help our upwards mobility.
[Post edited 1 Feb 20:04]

Burnsie realistically Salford and Grimsby could be dragged in making six teams.

I think that Bradford on 36 points might just be above the scrap but only just.

48 points should be enough for survival.

The signs are encouraging for the Cowley inspired U's

Durham_exile

Sutton away 24th Feb on 11:59 - Feb 1 with 602 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Sutton away 24th Feb on 11:05 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Burnsie realistically Salford and Grimsby could be dragged in making six teams.

I think that Bradford on 36 points might just be above the scrap but only just.

48 points should be enough for survival.

The signs are encouraging for the Cowley inspired U's

I would say it's two from six. Bradford and unbelievably Tranmere, who looked woeful earlier in the season, have a very comfortable cushion over the bottom two.

Only seven times in the last 28 seasons 48 points wasn't enough to stay up. Given that Sutton have 21 points from 29 games and Forest Green 19 points from 28 games one of them would need to average around 1.6 points per game from now until the end of the season. To put that into context as it currently stands only the top six teams in the division average over 1.6 points per game. It would take a dramatic upturn in form from either of the bottom two to even get close to 48 points. I actually think you might not even need 40 points to stay up this season and I'm hoping that we're aiming for 50.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Sutton away 24th Feb on 19:14 - Feb 1 with 552 viewsghughes11

Sutton away 24th Feb on 00:11 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

ghughes - I have watched the DC words of wisdom twice now and I didn't hear top 12 but I am of the belief that we can finish top 10.

More of that to come later in the week.

FGR bring them on. In fact bring them all on.

Up the U's

Maybe it was on The Official EFL Podcast: 'THE COWLEY'S ARE BACK! | EFL Podcast'

Well worth a listen - hosted by former 'U' David Prutton.

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024