Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I loathe Crystal Palace 15:39 - Feb 16 with 793 viewsgerry_us

What team would continue their search for a new manager while the current and so well respected manager is currently in hospital, not that the pressure on him may be responsible.
Get well Roy and insist on a very large pay-off.
The man is a legend, he deserves so much better than this.
I loathe Crystal Palace on 16:07 - Feb 16 with 774 viewsTheOldOakTree

I was not surprised when I read about this. The Premiership, and all around it, lost all sense of morality years ago.

The man is a legend and a grade A, decent bloke. The world would be a better place with more like him. I hope he is soon on the mend.

Palace fans are no better, constantly calling for his head. He deserves a medal for keeping their piss-pot little team out of the relegation zone.

Reminds me of when the editor of The S@n tried to defend his rags headlines, taking the piss out of Roy’s speech impediment, only to have it pointed out that Roy speaks five languages with easy, whereas half The S@n’s readership struggle to master one.
I loathe Crystal Palace on 18:05 - Feb 16 with 743 viewsMoor_Pinot

I loathe Crystal Palace on 16:07 - Feb 16 by TheOldOakTree

I was not surprised when I read about this. The Premiership, and all around it, lost all sense of morality years ago.

The man is a legend and a grade A, decent bloke. The world would be a better place with more like him. I hope he is soon on the mend.

Palace fans are no better, constantly calling for his head. He deserves a medal for keeping their piss-pot little team out of the relegation zone.

Reminds me of when the editor of The S@n tried to defend his rags headlines, taking the piss out of Roy’s speech impediment, only to have it pointed out that Roy speaks five languages with easy, whereas half The S@n’s readership struggle to master one.

Spot on TooT, so very well said.
An example of the modern British malaise - or indeed just one of them.
Get well Roy, enjoy plenty of years dining out on the pay-off from an anything but 'premier' outfit. Indecent behaviour, what a shower.
Relegation would be too good for them.

Moor Pinot

I loathe Crystal Palace on 11:19 - Feb 17 with 670 viewsburnsieespana

Hang on as we might be getting this all wrong.
I believe Roy H wanted to retire at end of last season and I suspect he has already indicated they should get a new man on board.
I loathe Crystal Palace on 12:27 - Feb 17 with 658 viewsTheOldOakTree

I loathe Crystal Palace on 11:19 - Feb 17 by burnsieespana

I believe Roy H wanted to retire at end of last season and I suspect he has already indicated they should get a new man on board.

He was brought in to save them from relegation in March/April 2023, when they were 3 points above the relegation zone. He won his first game in charge and he went on to steer them to safety, finishing 11th in the Prem.

In the summer he agreed to manage them for another year, but it has turned sour and he has had a falling out with the fans who are more deluded than Ipshite fans as to how big their club is. He ended up calling them ‘spoilt’, which they clearly are.

I’m sure there are many realistic ‘real’ Palace fans that appreciate him, but the glory hunters don’t seem to be happy with anything less than Champions League football.

So you are right in that the club have no option but to replace him, but it's all very distasteful.
I loathe Crystal Palace on 14:29 - Feb 17 with 634 viewsburnsieespana

So so many football supporters are totally deluded driving one's to sack Managers on a regular basis.
I loathe Crystal Palace on 15:56 - Feb 19 with 583 viewsburnsieespana

According to the BBC Roy H had just 'stepped down' as Manger.
I loathe Crystal Palace on 16:52 - Feb 19 with 574 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I loathe Crystal Palace on 14:29 - Feb 17 by burnsieespana

So so many football supporters are totally deluded driving one's to sack Managers on a regular basis.

Beale just got sacked after 12 matches at Sunderland!

West Ham want Moyes out despite him being their most successful manager in recent times.

Football fans are so deluded it's untrue. Got a few of them at Col U sadly.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

I loathe Crystal Palace on 18:34 - Feb 19 with 554 viewsLeadbelly

I loathe Crystal Palace on 11:19 - Feb 17 by burnsieespana

Correct. Hodgson was leaving at the end of this season whatever happened.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

I loathe Crystal Palace on 18:58 - Feb 19 with 547 viewsBLACKCAT

I loathe Crystal Palace on 16:52 - Feb 19 by RSCOSWORTH

Beale just got sacked after 12 matches at Sunderland!

West Ham want Moyes out despite him being their most successful manager in recent times.

Football fans are so deluded it's untrue. Got a few of them at Col U sadly.

Beale should never have been appointed in the first place. But I agree that having been given the job it is ridiculous to have sacked him so soon.
Managers and head-coaches are simply not getting enough time at almost every club. The greatest managers in football history would never have had the chance to prove their worth if they were being judged on months rather than seasons.
I'm currently arguing the case for poor David Artell on Fishy Talk. He had to wait twenty months to get another crack after leaving Crewe. Now, thirteen matches in, ninety per cent plus want the fellow out.
You might have a few deluded at Colchester but I'm sure 99% realise the Cowleys are right up there with the best things to happen to your club since 1950.
I loathe Crystal Palace on 19:01 - Feb 19 with 542 viewsBFG

I loathe Crystal Palace on 16:07 - Feb 16 by TheOldOakTree

Top post Sir
I loathe Crystal Palace on 19:44 - Feb 19 with 529 viewsburnsieespana

I loathe Crystal Palace on 18:58 - Feb 19 by BLACKCAT

Beale should never have been appointed in the first place. But I agree that having been given the job it is ridiculous to have sacked him so soon.
Managers and head-coaches are simply not getting enough time at almost every club. The greatest managers in football history would never have had the chance to prove their worth if they were being judged on months rather than seasons.
I'm currently arguing the case for poor David Artell on Fishy Talk. He had to wait twenty months to get another crack after leaving Crewe. Now, thirteen matches in, ninety per cent plus want the fellow out.
You might have a few deluded at Colchester but I'm sure 99% realise the Cowleys are right up there with the best things to happen to your club since 1950.

Such realistic comments .
20 years ago we used to laugh at the Spanish and Italian clubs who changed Managers/coaches every few months.
I loathe Crystal Palace on 10:38 - Feb 20 with 477 viewsTheOldOakTree

I think I’m right in saying that the Mackems have had around 30 managers since Peter Reid? That’s bonkers. They must be trying to get into the Guiness Book of Records for the Uk’s longest running pantomime.

As for West Sham neanderthals wanting Moyes out, They’ve won less league title than the Farmers (i.e. nil), but finishing safely in the Prem every year is not good enough for them!

In fairness, I would want at least Champions League football in return for having the club sell their soul and move to an athletics track. Even Specsavers won’t help you there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024