Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final 16:45 - Feb 28 with 1521 viewscyprusmel

Take a look at this on the BBC football website, I can't do the link but this is just brutal.
Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 17:04 - Feb 28 with 1473 viewsslmrstid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52416192
Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 17:11 - Feb 28 with 1452 viewsHantsR

slmrs...beat me to the link!

Anyway, I remember watching the first game so well as I saw it at my parents' flat (they had colour tv) and I had asked them if I could bring my friend to see it with me. 'Friend' was the future Mrs Hants, the first time she was to meet her future in-laws. Same again for this replay, when a couple of Mrs Hants' flat mates also joined this merry band to watch the carnage.

The footie? Fouls galore as stated - Dave Webb - future QPR legend
[Post edited 28 Feb 17:15]
Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 17:23 - Feb 28 with 1409 viewsterryb

It was certainly two fun matches to watch!

However, I don't think they were particulary worse than many matches at that time. Leeds against United & Arsenal - Chelsea were always worse from memory.

Rangers at home to Derby in the 67-68 season was x certificate as well. I believe Mr Clough took a dislike to us that day!
Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 18:30 - Feb 28 with 1275 viewsBoston

Yes, it was a 'man's game' back then, but they usually cleaned up their act for a televised Cup Final.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 08:27 - Feb 29 with 1030 viewscyprusmel

Amazing the only booking we saw on that clip was for pushing.

I wonder how some of the current crop of players would or could handle this type of football.
Most go down in a stiff breeze these days.
Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 09:53 - Feb 29 with 977 viewsNed_Kennedys

Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 08:27 - Feb 29 by cyprusmel

Amazing the only booking we saw on that clip was for pushing.

I wonder how some of the current crop of players would or could handle this type of football.
Most go down in a stiff breeze these days.

As highlighted by Fernandes and Rashford yesterday with their embarrassing play acting at any form of physical contact.

Some modern referees watched the 1970 game back and ‘re-referereed’ it using modern standards: one said there would have been 11 red cards lol
Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 10:45 - Feb 29 with 911 viewsizlingtonhoop

Terrible.

And LOL hilarious...
Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 14:42 - Feb 29 with 778 viewsrbee

I was barely ten years old when I watched the final and replay and don't remember thinking that these games were overly aggressive, it was simply Norman and Chopper doing what they did! What is amazing is that nobody went off injured. Bonetti received treatment for over five minutes, I wonder how much extra time the Ref played at the end of the half!

The dirtiest player seemed to be Ian Hutchinson which surprised me. Show me a photo of these two teams and I could name almost every player. Show me a photo of last seasons teams and I could only name a handful.
Login to get fewer ads

Fouls galore in Chelsea v Leeds 1970 Cup Final on 15:22 - Feb 29 with 714 viewsPaddyhoops

I’ve seen worse outside dance halls in Ireland back in the eighties
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024