Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield 18:35 - Mar 28 with 4251 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62194/walsh-on-the-brink

Walsh exclusive, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 00:57 - Mar 31 with 1142 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:50 - Mar 30 by KeithHaynes

We cannot cater to his continual injuries agreed.

But for the brief moments ( there’s the rub ) when he is fit he’s absolutely upper championship class. I’m certain if he doesn’t get a new contract he will continue in the same vein elsewhere.

But we cannot continue with him as he is.

That’s why the Res has a good point and possible strategy around it. Good idea I thought.

But people who agree are apparently “positive posting” for likes, or going purposely against the grain, due to being so arrogant haha.

It’s actually a good way to get benefits for club and player.
Probably not doable, due to the hassle, would definitely be possible with a bit of work behind the scenes

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 09:23 - Mar 31 with 1060 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 00:48 - Mar 31 by jackrmee

The Red’ point is, so had Tom Carroll.
He took a year off and worked for him.
Maybe Walsh’s needs a full year off and a pay n play contract. Do some coaching work in that year. Sounds perfect

Decent riposte .
However, my opinion is he has simply not been with us long enough to justify this admiration.
Players eh

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 10:16 - Mar 31 with 1038 viewsRichardO

Looking at the number of substitutions that can be made to change a teams fortunes from being abysmally over run in a first half to being world beaters in the second and vice-versa, our squad really must be stronger throughout the season.
If we are carrying players who are going to be prone to injury they must be used very carefully, out of the players who are were regularly in the starting line it would be normal to protect wingers meaning Placheta and Ronald include Lowe as well as Allen, Naughton(don't think we will see him again) and the returning Key because of their injury history can we really afford to carry Walsh with a new contract. Factor in the need to find at least three more ball player and defensively strong midfielders to replace Fulton, Grimes, Paterson and Allen in the short to medium term.

Last season we brought in two centre halves, this season full backs and replacements for Piroe and Ntcham and we also have brought in wingers add to that Allen in the middle but some of those have been stop gaps we really need to see the further introduction of our youngsters as we do seem to being mugged into buying injury beset cast offs.

It is a no for me re Walsh long term, if he can be used to get us out of the relegation scrap sooner to allow our youngster game time this season great, hopefully he can get down to the root cause of his injuries and move on in his career.
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 10:46 - Mar 31 with 1010 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 00:53 - Mar 31 by jackrmee

So people who want to keep Walsh, are “positive posting”?

I've no idea what is in the minds of those who post
Neither do you
You could post to irritate annoy or inform
You could post material that you do not believe
Any of us can
Walsh is unlucky in the way that Grimes is lucky
Grimes record of fitness for purpose and ability to ignore slight knocks is staggering
Ash Williams another who simply was always available although I know he played with some knocks, strains and was in some discomfort but his attitude was marvellous

Any idea as to why this Walsh merits such admiration after so few games

Try and keep it tidy you've not been too bad of late

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:25 - Mar 31 with 988 viewsmax936

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 00:51 - Mar 31 by jackrmee

Thinking we’ve given him enough, is against the grain?

Read my post again, I agreed that we "have" given him and spent enough time and money on Walsh, with us reliant on every pound we spend is spent wisely we have sadly come to the end of the road now IMO.
Massive shame for Liam and us cause he's a talented player.

Yes "some" posters do love to go against the grain, when sense says that there has to be a parting of the ways, its clear that Liam Walsh is going to be to much of a bit part player, sadly due to his continuing injury record.

At the end of the day any decision the club make won't be down to anything fans post on forums, its an unfortunate situation because we need to keep talented players, but ones who are not going to break down with regularity.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 12:43 - Mar 31 with 939 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:25 - Mar 31 by max936

Read my post again, I agreed that we "have" given him and spent enough time and money on Walsh, with us reliant on every pound we spend is spent wisely we have sadly come to the end of the road now IMO.

Yes "some" posters do love to go against the grain, when sense says that there has to be a parting of the ways, its clear that Liam Walsh is going to be to much of a bit part player, sadly due to his continuing injury record.

At the end of the day any decision the club make won't be down to anything fans post on forums, its an unfortunate situation because we need to keep talented players, but ones who are not going to break down with regularity.

Agreed

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 22:00 - Mar 31 with 850 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 09:23 - Mar 31 by onehunglow

Decent riposte .
However, my opinion is he has simply not been with us long enough to justify this admiration.
Players eh

Purely on his talent. Not time here. When able to play, he can be a game changer.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 22:07 - Mar 31 with 848 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 10:16 - Mar 31 by RichardO

Looking at the number of substitutions that can be made to change a teams fortunes from being abysmally over run in a first half to being world beaters in the second and vice-versa, our squad really must be stronger throughout the season.
If we are carrying players who are going to be prone to injury they must be used very carefully, out of the players who are were regularly in the starting line it would be normal to protect wingers meaning Placheta and Ronald include Lowe as well as Allen, Naughton(don't think we will see him again) and the returning Key because of their injury history can we really afford to carry Walsh with a new contract. Factor in the need to find at least three more ball player and defensively strong midfielders to replace Fulton, Grimes, Paterson and Allen in the short to medium term.

Last season we brought in two centre halves, this season full backs and replacements for Piroe and Ntcham and we also have brought in wingers add to that Allen in the middle but some of those have been stop gaps we really need to see the further introduction of our youngsters as we do seem to being mugged into buying injury beset cast offs.

It is a no for me re Walsh long term, if he can be used to get us out of the relegation scrap sooner to allow our youngster game time this season great, hopefully he can get down to the root cause of his injuries and move on in his career.

POTY IMO, but you say that Walsh is a no from you, but your whole point in the post is that we need this type of player to be able to come off the bench for us , as we need the depth.
If not injured, he’s one of the best players we have.
We should be doing the best we can to find a fair solution for club and player.

Doesn’t matter how long he’s been here. Helping him in life, whilst also keeping hold of a player, on a cheap contract, who could stay for and be one of our best.

He had almost a full season with Coventry (I think it was). Plus the evidence that the year off did for Carroll.
We aren’t a charity, but we aren’t ogres either. It could definitely work

Login to get fewer ads

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 22:09 - Mar 31 with 838 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 10:46 - Mar 31 by onehunglow

I've no idea what is in the minds of those who post
Neither do you
You could post to irritate annoy or inform
You could post material that you do not believe
Any of us can
Walsh is unlucky in the way that Grimes is lucky
Grimes record of fitness for purpose and ability to ignore slight knocks is staggering
Ash Williams another who simply was always available although I know he played with some knocks, strains and was in some discomfort but his attitude was marvellous

Any idea as to why this Walsh merits such admiration after so few games

Try and keep it tidy you've not been too bad of late

Sometimes you can just see it in a player. He’s got that little bit extra. Ginnelly similar, but I think Walsh is better.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 22:14 - Mar 31 with 833 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:25 - Mar 31 by max936

Fair enough. I respect your opinion, and it’s very sensible.
My opinion is very risky. But I would love to keep Walshy. I love watching him play.
Sorry, maybe I read your post in the wrong way, but I m definitely not saying anything to try and go against the grain or be arrogant or whatever. I don’t play games. Just say what I see.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 23:14 - Mar 31 with 784 viewsmax936

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 22:14 - Mar 31 by jackrmee

Fair enough. I respect your opinion, and it’s very sensible.
My opinion is very risky. But I would love to keep Walshy. I love watching him play.
Sorry, maybe I read your post in the wrong way, but I m definitely not saying anything to try and go against the grain or be arrogant or whatever. I don’t play games. Just say what I see.

My comment you mention at the end of your post wasn't directed at you Jackrmee, apologies if it seemed like it was.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 10:46 - Apr 1 with 714 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 22:09 - Mar 31 by jackrmee

Sometimes you can just see it in a player. He’s got that little bit extra. Ginnelly similar, but I think Walsh is better.

Thanks for that reply .
Classy.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:08 - Apr 1 with 656 viewsunion_jack

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 10:46 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

Thanks for that reply .
Classy.

Good 10-15 minutes today🤞

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:11 - Apr 1 with 651 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:08 - Apr 1 by union_jack

Didn't think so
That said, did play him before Grimes and Fulton who simply strangle us
QPR have recovered with a new coach
They regrouped
We haven't and look sick in spirit

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:21 - Apr 1 with 646 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 10:46 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

Thanks for that reply .
Classy.

All I’m saying, is there must be a way.
Whether a club, especially ours, is prepared to think outside the box is another matter.

How many times have you heard of a club giving a player a full year off, whilst putting him through some coaching badges, whilst hoping the year off helps get him fully fit to play again (like others such as Tom Carroll have done)?
Probably never happened. I know I bum the guy a lot but Walsh seems good enough to me to go the extra mile.

I mentioned Ginnelly before. He’s another one. Class player, but can we afford to risk keeping him?

Maybe players like this could work together to keep their jobs. Agree pay as you play deals, or other types of contract, where you only are obliged to play half the matches of the season. You can concentrate on rest for certain portions of it, so as to be able to exert yourself more for more consistent periods.
I don’t know, but we aren’t a club who attracts many game changing players. These types of players have quicker minds and quicker feet. We are better and more exciting when they play. There must be a way that players like this don’t have to end their careers.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:11 - Apr 1 with 614 viewsgrabsplatter

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:08 - Apr 1 by union_jack

Really??
I thought he was poor
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:21 - Apr 1 with 602 viewsunion_jack

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:11 - Apr 1 by grabsplatter

Really??
I thought he was poor

I really was commenting in game time as he’s just back from fitness. I didn’t really note how well or not he played as they were all pretty sh1t😒

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:32 - Apr 1 with 599 viewsmax936

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:21 - Apr 1 by union_jack

I really was commenting in game time as he’s just back from fitness. I didn’t really note how well or not he played as they were all pretty sh1t😒

This, I didn't expect much from him today in all honesty and it seems like it was an act of desperation to have chucked him on, unfair on the lad IMO, different if we had been winning.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:09 - Apr 1 with 577 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:21 - Apr 1 by jackrmee

All I’m saying, is there must be a way.
Whether a club, especially ours, is prepared to think outside the box is another matter.

How many times have you heard of a club giving a player a full year off, whilst putting him through some coaching badges, whilst hoping the year off helps get him fully fit to play again (like others such as Tom Carroll have done)?
Probably never happened. I know I bum the guy a lot but Walsh seems good enough to me to go the extra mile.

I mentioned Ginnelly before. He’s another one. Class player, but can we afford to risk keeping him?

Maybe players like this could work together to keep their jobs. Agree pay as you play deals, or other types of contract, where you only are obliged to play half the matches of the season. You can concentrate on rest for certain portions of it, so as to be able to exert yourself more for more consistent periods.
I don’t know, but we aren’t a club who attracts many game changing players. These types of players have quicker minds and quicker feet. We are better and more exciting when they play. There must be a way that players like this don’t have to end their careers.

We are not equipped for this luxury
We can't afford to shelves players
Is this what we have done with the Uke
We need a complete reset
Coach, captain , players
They are paid good money to source players
Some of ours are appalling

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:40 - Apr 1 with 550 viewsbuilthjack

Get rid. Injury prone.
Decent footballer but also a very weak one. We have too many of them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:48 - Apr 1 with 530 viewsunion_jack

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:40 - Apr 1 by builthjack

Get rid. Injury prone.
Decent footballer but also a very weak one. We have too many of them.

I think he’s talented but to say anything other than he is injury prone would be foolish. That may have a bearing on why you think he’s weak as he might not commit 100% which is understandable until confidence is back up. He's not alone though, Coooer and Ronald are especially weak.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 01:56 - Apr 2 with 465 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:48 - Apr 1 by union_jack

I think he’s talented but to say anything other than he is injury prone would be foolish. That may have a bearing on why you think he’s weak as he might not commit 100% which is understandable until confidence is back up. He's not alone though, Coooer and Ronald are especially weak.

When he’s on the pitch, he is 100% committed imo. I think he did well today when he came on. Lost possession a couple of times, but he just looks so much smoother and swifter in the pass than most of the others.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 06:09 - Apr 2 with 436 viewsjack247

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 01:56 - Apr 2 by jackrmee

When he’s on the pitch, he is 100% committed imo. I think he did well today when he came on. Lost possession a couple of times, but he just looks so much smoother and swifter in the pass than most of the others.

Agree with all this. He certainly doesn’t play like he’s scared of getting injured. I just don’t think we can take the risk though given how rarely he’s been available the last two seasons.

Shame. We’re far better with Grimes and Allen playing. I think Walsh would do well alongside either of them if he could stay fit.
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:04 - Apr 2 with 382 viewsRichardO

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 06:09 - Apr 2 by jack247

Agree with all this. He certainly doesn’t play like he’s scared of getting injured. I just don’t think we can take the risk though given how rarely he’s been available the last two seasons.

Shame. We’re far better with Grimes and Allen playing. I think Walsh would do well alongside either of them if he could stay fit.

About the balance in the team never liked Ntcham and Paterson playing together too many players trying clever stuff at the expensive of defensive safety, thought exactly the same with both Paterson and Walsh on the pitch as the same time as they try and be creative there is not enough attention to cover by the other player leaving us exposed, thought we made too many substitutions.
At times yesterday opportunities opened up to play the quick ball but the player on the ball held onto it far too long closing the spaces created.
Our full backs were guilty of it so often if you remember the likes of Rangel moved the ball on much quicker then got in positions to receive the ball, our movement off the ball is poor.
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:59 - Apr 2 with 318 viewsmax936

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:04 - Apr 2 by RichardO

About the balance in the team never liked Ntcham and Paterson playing together too many players trying clever stuff at the expensive of defensive safety, thought exactly the same with both Paterson and Walsh on the pitch as the same time as they try and be creative there is not enough attention to cover by the other player leaving us exposed, thought we made too many substitutions.
At times yesterday opportunities opened up to play the quick ball but the player on the ball held onto it far too long closing the spaces created.
Our full backs were guilty of it so often if you remember the likes of Rangel moved the ball on much quicker then got in positions to receive the ball, our movement off the ball is poor.

Yet another great post from you Rich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024