Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Wood 16:04 - Apr 12 with 1251 viewsWhiterockin

Will miss tomorrow's game and has been injured since his contract extension was enforced. Coincidence?

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/nathan-wood-set-miss-rotherham-clash
Nathan Wood on 16:49 - Apr 12 with 1178 viewsonehunglow

Clear as mud

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nathan Wood on 17:05 - Apr 12 with 1169 viewsmax936

Didn't miss him anyway, if he's that self important be better if he does naff off.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nathan Wood on 17:13 - Apr 12 with 1158 viewsKeithHaynes

The extension was clearly only to ensure a better price for him in the summer.

Can’t see what he achieves by sitting out the next four games.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nathan Wood on 17:36 - Apr 12 with 1130 viewsmax936

Nathan Wood on 17:13 - Apr 12 by KeithHaynes

Unfortunately he's probably a bit thick, or been badly advised.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nathan Wood on 17:41 - Apr 12 with 1108 viewsWhiterockin

It's amazing how many players want an extension when they sign, but are not happy when it is implemented.
Nathan Wood on 17:47 - Apr 12 with 1081 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Wood on 17:41 - Apr 12 by Whiterockin

It's amazing how many players want an extension when they sign, but are not happy when it is implemented.

Especially him, he was literally unemployed before RM stepped in.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nathan Wood on 17:49 - Apr 12 with 1076 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Perhaps he’s just injured? He’s been injured most of the season.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Nathan Wood on 17:50 - Apr 12 with 1076 viewsRichardO

Any news filtering through about other players whose contracts actually finish at the end of this season or are the owners now waiting to see if we will be in the Championship before moving on any of the others. Will the Williams get a say on the players he keeps.
Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Wood on 18:20 - Apr 12 with 1029 viewsWhiterockin

Nathan Wood on 17:50 - Apr 12 by RichardO

Any news filtering through about other players whose contracts actually finish at the end of this season or are the owners now waiting to see if we will be in the Championship before moving on any of the others. Will the Williams get a say on the players he keeps.

The WoL take on the situation.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer
Nathan Wood on 19:23 - Apr 12 with 934 viewsdobjack2

Not getting (more) injured?
Nathan Wood on 19:37 - Apr 12 with 897 viewsBoundy

The back 4 on Wednesday looked a stronger unit without him.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Nathan Wood on 08:22 - Apr 13 with 703 viewsRichardO

Nathan Wood on 18:20 - Apr 12 by Whiterockin

The WoL take on the situation.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer

Thanks. The rebuild of the club after the fall from the Premiership is still ongoing.
The differculty is in keeping a high standard of players as we do.
The aim of helping the development of good youngsters on to that high level isn't helped by the the loss of experienced players and youngsters who assume they have attained that higher level to the lure of tempting big paydays or Premiership glory.
If they don't see an advantage to themselves in staying they will want move on very quickly.

Manning head turned, better pay , Whittaker saw his development stunted after scoring a hat trick not helped by the players already in place, quality and experience of Ntcham , the goal scoring qualities of similarly relatively young players in Piroe and Obefemi and all five moved on add Lati to the people who exited that is a big chunk of players to lose.

So next season who will go and stay,
I think most of us would think Wood will go. If we had an upturn in form in these last few games he could stay but like last season I think not, certain players will be out the door.
Wood, Lowe, Paterson Placheta Allen and Cullen, if they all went that again would be another loss of good standard players, maybe some not as good as the one lost from last season but still a good chunk of our first team regulars.
Do the club try and keep some of them but which ones and can the team afford to lose so many players again?
[Post edited 13 Apr 8:25]
Nathan Wood on 08:36 - Apr 13 with 686 viewsWhiterockin

Nathan Wood on 08:22 - Apr 13 by RichardO

Thanks. The rebuild of the club after the fall from the Premiership is still ongoing.
The aim of helping the development of good youngsters on to that high level isn't helped by the the loss of experienced players and youngsters who assume they have attained that higher level to the lure of tempting big paydays or Premiership glory.
If they don't see an advantage to themselves in staying they will want move on very quickly.

Manning head turned, better pay , Whittaker saw his development stunted after scoring a hat trick not helped by the players already in place, quality and experience of Ntcham , the goal scoring qualities of similarly relatively young players in Piroe and Obefemi and all five moved on add Lati to the people who exited that is a big chunk of players to lose.

I think most of us would think Wood will go. If we had an upturn in form in these last few games he could stay but like last season I think not, certain players will be out the door.
Wood, Lowe, Paterson Placheta Allen and Cullen, if they all went that again would be another loss of good standard players, maybe some not as good as the one lost from last season but still a good chunk of our first team regulars.
Do the club try and keep some of them but which ones and can the team afford to lose so many players again?

After reading the article posted above today, I imagine Wood will go, Lowe, Paterson Placheta Allen and Cullen will be offered contacts but it depends if acceptable. I expect Cullen and Patterson to stay and Lowe to go. Allen it depends if he wants to continue on lower wages or retire, with Placheta he will go where he can get the most money, which probably won't be us. Just my opinion and none of this is fact.
Nathan Wood on 09:11 - Apr 13 with 665 viewsjackrmee

Has a move planned and doesn’t want to get injured to mess that up.

Again, I read a little into LWs body language and wording.
I don’t see Wood starting another game this season. And why would he if he’s leaving?

When asked if we would see Nathan back in the team this year after this injury, Williams said something like “well, he will be eligible for selection, yes.”

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nathan Wood on 09:16 - Apr 13 with 665 viewsjackrmee

Nathan Wood on 08:22 - Apr 13 by RichardO

Personally, I think the club will try and keep them all apart from wood.
It will be down to the players to accept their reduced contracts in most cases, maybe an improved offer for Culls and Pato.

I would really love to see Walsh added to that list, but he’s the one I think they may release, if he doesn’t end this season with a flurry🙏🙏🙏

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nathan Wood on 09:50 - Apr 13 with 644 viewsWhiterockin

Nathan Wood on 09:16 - Apr 13 by jackrmee

It will be down to the players to accept their reduced contracts in most cases, maybe an improved offer for Culls and Pato.

I would really love to see Walsh added to that list, but he’s the one I think they may release, if he doesn’t end this season with a flurry🙏🙏🙏

Cullen I believe is on £2.5 K a week and Patterson just over £9K. It would be an improved offer for Cullen unless they just enforce the extension, if they do he will be gone. Patterson will do well to get a year on the same terms with an option for a second if he plays over a certain amount of games, in my opinion.
[Post edited 13 Apr 9:50]
Nathan Wood on 10:22 - Apr 13 with 601 viewsraynor94

It would be financial suicide to offer Walsh another contract, sadly his body is not able to cope with the modern day game.

A great pity

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Nathan Wood on 10:26 - Apr 13 with 596 viewsswan_si

Nathan Wood on 09:11 - Apr 13 by jackrmee

Has a move planned and doesn’t want to get injured to mess that up.

Again, I read a little into LWs body language and wording.
I don’t see Wood starting another game this season. And why would he if he’s leaving?

When asked if we would see Nathan back in the team this year after this injury, Williams said something like “well, he will be eligible for selection, yes.”

What i think Luke meant when he said Wood "maybe available for selection " was like Ben Cabango before him he'd have to wait for his opportunity to get back into the team. He's said similar things in the past about other players coming back from injury, Josh Key being one of them.
Nathan Wood on 12:20 - Apr 13 with 515 viewsRichardO

Think it would be prudent to try and keep them all including Wood, but would we be prepared to meet Lowe's present wage and how much would we need to improve Wood deal I would hold out on any offer coming in for Wood so he can see who is coming and going and if it improve the squad to his liking. As for Walsh don't think we can risk offering him anything better and would definitely put safeguards in any contract given.
Think we need back ups for our full backs, wingers, new blood in the midfield and better option up front, can the academy provide the bulk of these?
I also think we need a bit more height in the team because of our set piece frailties.
Nathan Wood on 13:48 - Apr 13 with 450 viewsonehunglow

Nathan Wood on 10:22 - Apr 13 by raynor94

It would be financial suicide to offer Walsh another contract, sadly his body is not able to cope with the modern day game.

A great pity

Absolutely
Ideally he and Grimes could be a good option but it’s risky

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024