Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes 09:43 - Apr 28 with 17192 viewswessex_exile

As suggested on the matchday thread, let’s kick off the traditional summer transfer speculation. I’ll start with our current loanees. I doubt Palace would release Owen Goodman, and if they did, would we want him or even be able to afford him? Of the rest, I’d definitely like to see Alastair Smith and maybe Riley Harbottle sign if they were released. As for the rest, they’ll be heading back to make room for new choices.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:26 - Jun 6 with 1659 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:45 - Jun 6 by TheOldOakTree

With pre-season training starting in about 3 weeks, I make it that we have 14 players signed up at the moment? (if Read goes that’s 13) and Samson doesn’t really count, until he decides he prefers football to boxing, so that’s only 12 ½ players. As we know, Matt Jay is not allowed to start, so that's 11 ½.

Matt Macey
Will Greenidge
Ellis Iandolo
Fiacre Kelleher
Connor Hall
Matt Jay
Conor Wilkinson
Samson Tovide
Owura Edwards
Tom Smith
Tom Hopper
Arthur Read
Mandela Egbo
Bradley Ihionvien

Looking on the bright side, if we sign 12 fit players in the second week of August, then there’s less risk of pre-season injuries!

11 1/2 and two of them are goalkeepers!

I think Thorn and Terry will be in and around the first team squad this season.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:00 - Jun 6 with 1605 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:26 - Jun 6 by RSCOSWORTH

11 1/2 and two of them are goalkeepers!

I think Thorn and Terry will be in and around the first team squad this season.

It is defo make or break season for Terry.
Thorn seems a decent prospect.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:13 - Jun 6 with 1590 viewsCrashBandicoot

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:00 - Jun 6 by burnsieespana

It is defo make or break season for Terry.
Thorn seems a decent prospect.

Thorn definitely needs a crack at 1st team. Also Kien Connolly has signed (albeit for the academy).

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:01 - Jun 6 with 1472 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 06:27 - Jun 5 by franksic1988

100% agree. It also shows that the 6 months spent with the new management team ( the players haven’t bought into their way of thinking or the project )

If we sell 5/6 players and they all go to clubs in higher leagues, it does make you wonder wtf we was doing last year. We made a great escape on the final day. Looking at where our players are going you would think we Just missed out on promotion!

Alternatively it could also mean that four months with the new management team has turned certain players into sellable assets. Plenty of Col U fans didn't even want Mingi at the start of the year.

Those two things don't always go hand in hand though. We've signed a number of players from League One in the last few seasons and we haven't rocketed up the table. You could also argue that Stockport are taking a bit of a risk on two players who aren't exactly proven but they're financially in a position to take that risk right now. For what it's worth I think both players still have lots to learn and improve on but if they realise their potential I expect them to be sold again in the next few seasons.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:17 - Jun 7 with 1386 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:01 - Jun 6 by RSCOSWORTH

Alternatively it could also mean that four months with the new management team has turned certain players into sellable assets. Plenty of Col U fans didn't even want Mingi at the start of the year.

Those two things don't always go hand in hand though. We've signed a number of players from League One in the last few seasons and we haven't rocketed up the table. You could also argue that Stockport are taking a bit of a risk on two players who aren't exactly proven but they're financially in a position to take that risk right now. For what it's worth I think both players still have lots to learn and improve on but if they realise their potential I expect them to be sold again in the next few seasons.

And Crawley got promoted having signed a number of non league players this time last year.
I think with the Cowley's we will see a side not containing any standout players but lots who will run through a brick wall for 'the cause'.
[Post edited 7 Jun 11:21]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:56 - Jun 7 with 1367 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:17 - Jun 7 by burnsieespana

And Crawley got promoted having signed a number of non league players this time last year.
I think with the Cowley's we will see a side not containing any standout players but lots who will run through a brick wall for 'the cause'.
[Post edited 7 Jun 11:21]

Currently trying to get the word 'lemmings' out of my head!

I know I'm being greedy, but I would prefer a team that would run through a brick wall for 'the cause', that also contained Read, McGeehan, Chilvers, (and Mingi and Fevrier).

If we are going to sign a fresh set of strangers every August then we are getting nowhere fast. It's no better than having 3 managers every season.

I guess the long overdue pitch maintenance is costing a fortune and the 'fantastic facilities' have got to be paid for, so anyone with a cheque book is welcome at the JCS.

I don't buy into the idea that the Cowleys are happy waving goodbye to our best players in the hope that someone will be desperate enough to come and replace them. We have very little to offer potential candidates.

I'm not convinced that possible replacements will view the Cowleys with the same rose tinted glasses that we do.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:25 - Jun 7 with 1360 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:56 - Jun 7 by TheOldOakTree

Currently trying to get the word 'lemmings' out of my head!

I know I'm being greedy, but I would prefer a team that would run through a brick wall for 'the cause', that also contained Read, McGeehan, Chilvers, (and Mingi and Fevrier).

If we are going to sign a fresh set of strangers every August then we are getting nowhere fast. It's no better than having 3 managers every season.

I guess the long overdue pitch maintenance is costing a fortune and the 'fantastic facilities' have got to be paid for, so anyone with a cheque book is welcome at the JCS.

I don't buy into the idea that the Cowleys are happy waving goodbye to our best players in the hope that someone will be desperate enough to come and replace them. We have very little to offer potential candidates.

I'm not convinced that possible replacements will view the Cowleys with the same rose tinted glasses that we do.

Don't disagree with a lot of what you day but Robbie has said the pitch renovation will not make a difference to our budget as comes out of a different pot and being done by holis own obstruction com0sny.
The Cowley's will attract different players and it has always been said they don't play a particularly attractive form of football butit gets results. They have win average I believe well over 50% which is far better than most of our previous Managers.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:46 - Jun 7 with 1282 viewsTheOldOakTree

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/june/danny-pre-season/

"This Club Is About Growth"

If they've started giving points for bullshit we'll be champions by March.

He seems to confirm that little or no deals are agreed and we'll be sifting through the left overs in mid August to plug the holes.

I want to believe in him, and I’d be happy to be force fed humble pie, but according to Wiki, the Cowleys have played 20 and won 4 at Colchester, with a win percentage of 20% (and that’s with a reasonable squad, probably better than some managers, who achieved more). Also according to Wiki, I believe you have to go back to Dennis Mochan? in 1972 for a worse U’s manager record.

In my mind, if you are a good manager you will get the best out of almost anyone. How many mangers get the luxury of getting shot of over half the squad and starting afresh with players that suit them?

So far, for me, selling Mingi and Fevrier for chicken feed to Stockport speaks volumes about how serious we are about growth and stopping the decline. There’s money to spend on a golf course so that even more cash can be spent on the academy, but when a piss-pot club comes along, before the transfer window has opened, we are biting their hand off. We should be telling L1 wannabees that Read is not for sale and we should offer Chilvers and McGeehan as least as good as they can get elsewhere.

I think if we lose anymore good players and the new team doesn't get off to a flying start, the honeymoon will end very quickly. Appointing the Cowleys averted a fans revolt. Now is the time to spend a bit on the first team.
[Post edited 7 Jun 17:01]
Login to get fewer ads

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:00 - Jun 11 with 918 viewsbwildered

Harry Pell has agreed a two-year deal to rejoin Cheltenham .
The 32-year-old has passed a medical and will begin a second spell with the club, having left for Colchester United for £100,000 in the summer of 2018.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:51 - Jun 11 with 869 viewsbwildered

Harrison Chamberlain has signed his first Colchester United professional contract.
The eighteen year old has spent the past eighteen months with the U's U18s squad, but has made numerous appearances for the U21s.

If compared to another Chamberlain who wore the U’s green jersey many years ago, will have a lot to live up to, but will go far. Best wishes to him for the future.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:32 - Jun 12 with 728 viewsbwildered

All contracted players free to leave.
Presume who and what fees could be agreed.
Obviously the Cowley’s are stuck with some players still not required, but still under contract and still trying to free up monies for future transactions. H

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:24 - Jun 12 with 706 viewsCrashBandicoot

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:32 - Jun 12 by bwildered

All contracted players free to leave.
Presume who and what fees could be agreed.
Obviously the Cowley’s are stuck with some players still not required, but still under contract and still trying to free up monies for future transactions. H

Lets see who leaves, and let the rebuild begin...

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:51 - Jun 12 with 651 viewsburnsieespana

Going to be a busy few weeks as looks like we will need at least 10 new players!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:33 - Jun 13 with 514 viewsbwildered

FORMER Colchester United midfielder Marley Marshall Miranda has signed for National League new boys Braintree Town.

Good move for him only one level below and guaranteed to get more first team opportunities.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:34 - Jun 13 with 512 viewsbwildered

FORMER Colchester United midfielder Anthony Wordsworth has signed for Pitching In Isthmian League division north side Maldon and Tiptree as their player-coach.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:02 - Jun 13 with 479 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Harry Anderson signs. Two year deal.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/june/harry-anderson/

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:05 - Jun 13 with 476 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:02 - Jun 13 by RSCOSWORTH

Harry Anderson signs. Two year deal.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/june/harry-anderson/

Good news!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:40 - Jun 13 with 445 viewsburnsieespana

Let us hope he has fully recovered from his injury.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:37 - Jun 13 with 416 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:40 - Jun 13 by burnsieespana

Let us hope he has fully recovered from his injury.

I think is was a bad hamstring injury?

I know these can frequently reoccur, but hopefully it's not like knackered knees or ankles.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:03 - Jun 13 with 394 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:37 - Jun 13 by TheOldOakTree

I think is was a bad hamstring injury?

I know these can frequently reoccur, but hopefully it's not like knackered knees or ankles.

He has over 220 starts and over 40 goals. I don't think he's an injury prone player and he was just unlucky to pick one up in his short time here.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=77349

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:27 - Jun 13 with 355 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Just seen a rumour that we're looking at re-signing a former player. Last played for us in 2017.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:31 - Jun 13 with 351 viewsBlue4U2

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:27 - Jun 13 by RSCOSWORTH

Just seen a rumour that we're looking at re-signing a former player. Last played for us in 2017.

Gavin Massey?????
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:37 - Jun 13 with 341 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:31 - Jun 13 by Blue4U2

Gavin Massey?????

No but a decent guess.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:38 - Jun 13 with 339 viewsBlue4U2

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:37 - Jun 13 by RSCOSWORTH

No but a decent guess.

Ryan Jackson??
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:56 - Jun 13 with 334 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:38 - Jun 13 by Blue4U2

Ryan Jackson??

Before him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024