Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tainted First Minister 13:29 - Apr 28 with 13579 viewsSullutaCreturned

Meet vaughn Gething, the First Minister who managed to screw his job up before he'd even actually been given it,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/real-fury-behind-scenes-welsh-290647

The fact that Gething apparently cannot see what is wrong here, cannot see the conflict, surely it marks him down as unsuitable to be in politics let alone be leader of our country?
The tainted First Minister on 16:43 - Jun 21 with 919 viewsraynor94

The tainted First Minister on 16:40 - Jun 21 by JumpingJackFlash

If it were a Sennedd election it would be very interesting. Because it's a General election people may decide that they dislike the Tories so much that they're prepared to hold their nose and vote Labour.

Turnout will probably be low so numbers voting for Labour will probably drop but all that matters on July 5th is how many seats they win.

Interestingly, Labour has never won an outright majority in a Sennedd election. Plaid Cymru have a habit of supporting them though. Maybe after Gething's shenanigans they won't be so keen next time?

My sentiments exactly in your opening paragraph

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The tainted First Minister on 20:43 - Jun 21 with 849 viewsWhiterockin

Channel 4 currently doing a programme on Gethings involvement with stop the stink company. More bad publicity for him nationwide.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The tainted First Minister on 10:34 - Jun 26 with 714 viewsBoundy

I see our esteemed leader and two other hangers on flew Business class for his two hour meeting in India to discuss the closure of Port Talbot steel works (that's going to happen ).
A FOI request asking how much this cost was denied as it wasn't in the public interest to be declared.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The tainted First Minister on 11:48 - Jun 26 with 672 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 10:34 - Jun 26 by Boundy

I see our esteemed leader and two other hangers on flew Business class for his two hour meeting in India to discuss the closure of Port Talbot steel works (that's going to happen ).
A FOI request asking how much this cost was denied as it wasn't in the public interest to be declared.

How would you expect a senior politician such as the First Minister to travel, Economy or charter a plane? Do you seriously think Sunak and other senior and junior cabinet ministers would travel Economy? From a security perspective putting Gething in Business Class is a much more sensible option.

Sunak, Cameron and the King all travelled to COP 28 on separate private jets. I can see no reason why they couldn’t share, or at least Cameron and Sunak could have travelled together. Truss used a private jet to travel to Australia at a cost of £500k.

I’m no Gething fan, but expecting him to travel economy is mental.
The tainted First Minister on 13:26 - Jun 26 with 634 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 11:48 - Jun 26 by majorraglan

How would you expect a senior politician such as the First Minister to travel, Economy or charter a plane? Do you seriously think Sunak and other senior and junior cabinet ministers would travel Economy? From a security perspective putting Gething in Business Class is a much more sensible option.

Sunak, Cameron and the King all travelled to COP 28 on separate private jets. I can see no reason why they couldn’t share, or at least Cameron and Sunak could have travelled together. Truss used a private jet to travel to Australia at a cost of £500k.

Really you can justify him travelling to a nonsensical meeting which took two and a half hours and as far as we know achieved the sum total of zero because Tata is continuing with its plans with no minutes of that meeting having been made available to say differently.
Why in this age of digital technology why wasn't it a zoom meeting , the WAG recently proudly announced Wales as being the first nation in the world to have its own metaverse so surely a zoom meeting wouldn't be that difficult to organise
Do you really consider that Guessing is the equivalent of Sunak and others . This is nothing to do with COP 22 or is at a deflection away form the fraud . If it should be considered the norm then why was the FOI request denied at this time .
Preaching do as I say not what I do is never a good look.

The tainted First Minister on 13:40 - Jun 26 with 631 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 13:26 - Jun 26 by Boundy

Really you can justify him travelling to a nonsensical meeting which took two and a half hours and as far as we know achieved the sum total of zero because Tata is continuing with its plans with no minutes of that meeting having been made available to say differently.
Why in this age of digital technology why wasn't it a zoom meeting , the WAG recently proudly announced Wales as being the first nation in the world to have its own metaverse so surely a zoom meeting wouldn't be that difficult to organise
Do you really consider that Guessing is the equivalent of Sunak and others . This is nothing to do with COP 22 or is at a deflection away form the fraud . If it should be considered the norm then why was the FOI request denied at this time .
Preaching do as I say not what I do is never a good look.

No doubt you’d be criticising him if he hadn’t shown any interest in the situation and hadn’t made any effort to interact with Tata. Given the stakes involved I would certainly expect him and others to get personally involved and be there in person as opposed to a zoom call. There’s a time and a place for zoom and I don’t believe with all that’s at stake, thousands of jobs at one of wales largest employers etc zoom is the way forward.

Gething is the first minister, he’s not the equal of Sunak but in my opinion he certainly outranks some of the cabinet ministers. No idea about the FOI or minutes, maybe it’s been minuted by Tata who have different rules, but I’m a believer in transparency so would hope they are made available.

I think expecting Gething to travel in Economy is ridiculous.
[Post edited 26 Jun 15:19]
The tainted First Minister on 14:40 - Jun 26 with 607 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 13:40 - Jun 26 by majorraglan

No doubt you’d be criticising him if he hadn’t shown any interest in the situation and hadn’t made any effort to interact with Tata. Given the stakes involved I would certainly expect him and others to get personally involved and be there in person as opposed to a zoom call. There’s a time and a place for zoom and I don’t believe with all that’s at stake, thousands of jobs at one of wales largest employers etc zoom is the way forward.

Gething is the first minister, he’s not the equal of Sunak but in my opinion he certainly outranks some of the cabinet ministers. No idea about the FOI or minutes, maybe it’s been minuted by Tata who have different rules, but I’m a believer in transparency so would hope they are made available.

All in your opinion , a number of which I certainly do not agree with.

The tainted First Minister on 17:25 - Jun 26 with 556 viewsonehunglow

How,well as Tony Benn travelled.
By local transport ,like the “ workers”
Or they could go by bike like Corbyn

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

The tainted First Minister on 17:52 - Jun 26 with 537 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 17:25 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

How,well as Tony Benn travelled.
By local transport ,like the “ workers”
Or they could go by bike like Corbyn

I don’t think so, it’s not remotely practicable for Gething to travel to India on a bike! Mind you saying that, he’d be out of the picture for a while!
The tainted First Minister on 20:16 - Jun 26 with 472 viewspencoedjack

Welsh Labour want net zero for Wales it makes no difference we will import steel & coal from countries who laugh at us.

No new business will come into Wales as our infrastructure is abysmal ( unless you live in Cardiff central).

Similar to the 200 plus jobs being lost in Flintshire today, people will continue to buy non disposable wet wipes but they won’t be made in Wales.
The tainted First Minister on 20:17 - Jun 26 with 471 viewspencoedjack

The tainted First Minister on 17:52 - Jun 26 by majorraglan

I don’t think so, it’s not remotely practicable for Gething to travel to India on a bike! Mind you saying that, he’d be out of the picture for a while!

He could easily do via teams ( or similar platform).
The tainted First Minister on 20:29 - Jun 26 with 463 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 20:17 - Jun 26 by pencoedjack

He could easily do via teams ( or similar platform).

I'm led to believe the meeting was far too important to be entrusted with a computor link.

The tainted First Minister on 20:48 - Jun 26 with 446 viewsSullutaCreturned

Now then, Welsh Labour want closed lists for Welsh elections but it sees Drakeford isn't happy at Welsh voters having an MP candidate "parachuted" on them without any choice.

https://nation.cymru/news/mark-drakeford-refuses-to-share-office-with-parachute-

If it's right for the Senedd why isn't it ok for Westminster? hypocrisy much, oh, and,

https://nation.cymru/news/labour-mss-bribed-to-back-controversial-closed-list-sy
The tainted First Minister on 20:55 - Jun 26 with 441 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 20:48 - Jun 26 by SullutaCreturned

Now then, Welsh Labour want closed lists for Welsh elections but it sees Drakeford isn't happy at Welsh voters having an MP candidate "parachuted" on them without any choice.

https://nation.cymru/news/mark-drakeford-refuses-to-share-office-with-parachute-

If it's right for the Senedd why isn't it ok for Westminster? hypocrisy much, oh, and,

https://nation.cymru/news/labour-mss-bribed-to-back-controversial-closed-list-sy

Welsh labour have always had to rely on other party agreements to get their frankly ludicrous policies into place ,this way they will virtually be guaranteed absolute power in the Sennedd, hypocrisy and dictatorship certainly spring to mind.

The tainted First Minister on 21:02 - Jun 26 with 435 viewsJumpingJackFlash

The tainted First Minister on 20:55 - Jun 26 by Boundy

Welsh labour have always had to rely on other party agreements to get their frankly ludicrous policies into place ,this way they will virtually be guaranteed absolute power in the Sennedd, hypocrisy and dictatorship certainly spring to mind.

Indeed they have. Labour has never won an outright majority in a Senedd election. To their shame, Plaid has usually come to their rescue and voted with them.
The tainted First Minister on 05:59 - Jun 27 with 373 viewsAnotherJohn

I accept the point about economy and business class travel, and this article was probably one of the least effective of the recent WoL exposés. However, the more telling points in the article were that the key Tata executives had been in London 2 weeks before, when with foresight a meeting with Gething could have been scheduled, and the unnecessarily evasive response of the WG about cost. The article noted that Virgin business class was significantly more expensive than BA business class.
[Post edited 27 Jun 7:54]
The tainted First Minister on 23:27 - Jun 27 with 263 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 05:59 - Jun 27 by AnotherJohn

I accept the point about economy and business class travel, and this article was probably one of the least effective of the recent WoL exposés. However, the more telling points in the article were that the key Tata executives had been in London 2 weeks before, when with foresight a meeting with Gething could have been scheduled, and the unnecessarily evasive response of the WG about cost. The article noted that Virgin business class was significantly more expensive than BA business class.
[Post edited 27 Jun 7:54]

Every effort should have been made to have that meeting in London, but if it wasn’t possible in person is better than teams.

I’ve no idea on cost of the virgin and ba airfares, but they tend to be competitive on most routes and will vary according to demand and availability.
I’m no VG fan and would rather see him gone, I’m not sticking up for him merely being pragmatic.
The tainted First Minister on 00:50 - Jun 28 with 252 viewsRobbie

The PR exercise over Gethin and his hangers on trip to Mumbai was laughable .

It was a token gesture , paid by us of course to save our heritage in Steel , failed .
But a face to face with TATA would save Wales our steelmaking , nice freebie holiday .

All Politicians are false , Drakeford was useless , this guy has taken it to another level .

Even Liz Truss called it a day when she knew she was not capable , ruined the economy but said out of her depth here , time to go and we are all in the UK paying for her mess .

Cardiff getting a new bus stop costing close to £ 100m , really cannot make it up .
The tainted First Minister on 10:01 - Jun 28 with 203 viewsWhiterockin

If Labour can not get their budget passed in the Senedd. Does it mean they no longer have the power to pass laws and a resolution for a vote of no confidence just around the corner. Plaid have carried them for long enough and those days are over.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/ckvvg49p9x9o.amp#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ao

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The tainted First Minister on 16:23 - Jun 28 with 151 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sorry major but that is whatabutery or at orst, deflection.

Gething didn't need to make this flight and the fact that they hide the cost shows it was very expensive yet we are not allowd to know how much they waste.

Sunak, the King and that lot, they shouldn't be flying anywhere when the internet is so much more environmentally friendly. They have this meeting about saving the planet then use the most polluting way of travelling.

https://simpleflying.com/private-jet-flights-cop-28-carbon-footprint/

And we are supposed to believe the environment is so close to collapse that it's a world emergency when the "attendees" produce so much pollution?

What happened to leading by example? Or is the race for net zero just another way to tax us fools, sorry ordinary citizens to the hilt and say it's for a good cause?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024