Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s a tough one tonight 09:48 - Jun 14 with 453 viewsTheOldOakTree

If there’s ever a game where I’d want to see both sides lose, it would be tonight.

It would be funny if the perennially useless Jocks could pee on Germany’s bonfire, but we’d never hear the end of it. Videos of the skirt wearing ‘Girl Guide Army’ staggering around Munich singing about Maradona knocking England out, just about sums them up. The only thing they’ve got to sing about is an Argentinian knocking England out 40 years ago. Talk about living rent free in their heads.

It reminds me of years ago when the Scots had actually qualified for a world cup. I was driving home from work and Billy Bremner was a summarizer on the radio, when they were playing Brazil. In fairness, they got off to a great start and I think hit the crossbar in the opening minutes, only for Bremner to shout ‘Oh F##k’. After a short ‘tumbleweed’ moment the most professional of commentators carried on as if nothing had happened.

I see the German police are reportedly going to fine any English fans singing ‘Ten Bombers’. Great idea Fritz, what could possibly go wrong with needlessly winding up pissed English hooligans?

The joys of being English hey, we cannot sing a jovial piss take about defeating the murderous Nazis, but every nation on the planet is free to give us endless shit about the actions of our forefathers, be it colonialism, slavery, famine etc. etc. etc.

If you come up with the idea of creating mass extermination camps, then have to listen to a bit of ‘banter’ every two years, I would say you’re getting off quite lightly, compared to the crap the English have to take on just about everything. Can you imagine us issuing fines to the Irish every time they sung folksongs about the famine, it’s ridiculous.

As for the reported 500 Serbian hooligans looking for trouble, it would be appreciated if they could restrict their fisticuffs to any English ‘fans’ throwing bottles or the ticketless scum trying to fight their way into the ground.

Has anyone seen the Netflix documentary about the 2020 Euros final at Wembley? It’s a miracle no one was killed and sadly a blessing that England lost (and also that it started to rain), otherwise it could have been our darkest hour.

Every country has its idiots, but at least the French riot about the price of fuel. I don’t think irony comes any better than the ‘Gilets Jaunes’ petrol bombing government buildings, to protest about the price of petrol!!!
It’s a tough one tonight on 10:46 - Jun 14 with 415 viewsthrillseeker

Simple for me - want a Germany win to put the Scots in their place.
It’s a tough one tonight on 11:15 - Jun 14 with 406 viewsdurham_exile

Germany 6 - Scotland 0

Simples

Tell the Jocks to keep the aeroplane engines running they will be home soon.

Durham_exile

It’s a tough one tonight on 11:29 - Jun 14 with 403 viewsTheOldOakTree

I guess we are more conditioned to cope with a German win and for the sake of world peace it’s probably best to let them win something now and again.

Just image how much suntan lotion the poor Jocks must have packed to head as far south as Munich in June and the forecast is for weather just as shite as they get at home.

To quote the Two Ronnies…….

There was an unhappy incident at Kings Cross Station tonight, when a Scottish football fan lost all his luggage. Moments after stepping off the train……

…..the cork came out.
It’s a tough one tonight on 11:32 - Jun 14 with 398 viewsburnsieespana

Personally love to see Scotland win.
It’s a tough one tonight on 11:47 - Jun 14 with 393 viewsTheOldOakTree

It’s a tough one tonight on 11:32 - Jun 14 by burnsieespana

I hate to admit it, and as long as they lose all their remaining games, I would quite like to see the Scots scrape an undeserved win. If only as an act of Karma for the Lampard goal that never was.
It’s a tough one tonight on 12:46 - Jun 14 with 368 viewsthrillseeker

It’s a tough one tonight on 11:32 - Jun 14 by burnsieespana

It’s a tough one tonight on 12:46 - Jun 14 with 367 viewsthrillseeker

It’s a tough one tonight on 11:15 - Jun 14 by durham_exile

Germany 6 - Scotland 0

Simples

That's the spirit Durham
It’s a tough one tonight on 15:02 - Jun 14 with 324 viewsTheOldOakTree

If there is a God, he/she must surely have created the Scottish football team just so the rest or us could have a laugh.

[Post edited 14 Jun 15:28]
Login to get fewer ads

It’s a tough one tonight on 15:56 - Jun 14 with 293 viewsbwildered

Will watch the T20 from Chelmsford … sorted.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

It’s a tough one tonight on 16:47 - Jun 14 with 279 viewsdurham_exile

It’s a tough one tonight on 15:56 - Jun 14 by bwildered

I see that the Australian team are considering throwing the T20 game this weekend against the Jocks to eliminate England.

No class at all.

Durham_exile

It’s a tough one tonight on 16:50 - Jun 14 with 274 viewswessex_exile

I know it's never reciprocated, but I almost always have to root for the Home Nations in international competitions, plus of course the sweaties are up against the hermans, so Och Aye The Noo, or whatever it is they say north of the Wall.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

It’s a tough one tonight on 17:37 - Jun 14 with 264 viewsLeadbelly

It’s a tough one tonight on 16:50 - Jun 14 by wessex_exile

I know it's never reciprocated, but I almost always have to root for the Home Nations in international competitions, plus of course the sweaties are up against the hermans, so Och Aye The Noo, or whatever it is they say north of the Wall.

Travelling home tomorrow from a brilliant fortnight on the west coast of Scotland so I’m feeling well disposed towards the Scotland team so won’t begrudge them a draw tonight.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

It’s a tough one tonight on 21:06 - Jun 14 with 232 viewsTheOldOakTree

Holy shite, it's only half time and the Jocks have lived up to expectations. 3-0 down and a bloke sent off for trying to break someones leg. How can they be so shite all the time? You have to admire their consistancy.

If it was an animal, you would take it to the vets to have it put out of its misery.
It’s a tough one tonight on 21:10 - Jun 14 with 230 viewsTheOldOakTree

It’s a tough one tonight on 11:15 - Jun 14 by durham_exile

Germany 6 - Scotland 0

Simples

They're halfway to 6-0 and it's only half time!!

The Jocks couldn't get a touch when they had 11 men so they're totally stuffed now.

I reckon the EasyJet website will crash in about 45 minutes time.
It’s a tough one tonight on 21:57 - Jun 14 with 211 viewsdurham_exile

It’s a tough one tonight on 21:10 - Jun 14 by TheOldOakTree

They're halfway to 6-0 and it's only half time!!

The Jocks couldn't get a touch when they had 11 men so they're totally stuffed now.

I reckon the EasyJet website will crash in about 45 minutes time.

Well Germany did score six in a 5-1 rout.

Durham_exile

It’s a tough one tonight on 08:50 - Jun 15 with 160 viewswessex_exile

It’s a tough one tonight on 21:57 - Jun 14 by durham_exile

Well Germany did score six in a 5-1 rout.

Wow - without taking anything away from Germany, as international performances go that was exceptionally poor from Scotland.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

It’s a tough one tonight on 10:01 - Jun 15 with 149 viewsbwildered

It’s a tough one tonight on 15:56 - Jun 14 by bwildered

Two teams that never turned up on the night.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024