Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the new pitch still smaller? 15:10 - Aug 15 with 649 viewsMarkyMark47

I know there have already been some postings about the new pitch, but it still looks narrower and shorter than the start of last season. The club had to get EFL approval for the dimensions at the end of last season, but what about now? Perhaps, although smaller, the dimensions now just about meet the EFL rule?
Is the new pitch still smaller? on 15:44 - Aug 15 with 629 viewsbwildered

Looks like pitch is exactly in the same position has it finished end of last season.
There is minimum size, but clubs can size up depending who playing circumstances. All other clubs are informed on start of season and cannot change without visitors and EFL consent, which is doubtful due likely to get an advantage.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Is the new pitch still smaller? on 18:40 - Aug 15 with 607 viewsdurham_exile

I must admit that although I only saw the pitch on TV Tuesday night it looked to have been restored to its original size.

When I visit the JCS I always sit in W2 to be in line with the penalty area but for the Crewe game I bought a ticket in W3.

On Tuesday evening W2 would have been in line with the penalty area.

The pitch played well but the technical area and both sides towards the corner flags looked in poor condition.

Durham_exile

Is the new pitch still smaller? on 23:13 - Aug 15 with 504 viewsDaniel

I'm sure I read somewhere that we had decided to keep the smaller dimensions for this season
Is the new pitch still smaller? on 23:15 - Aug 15 with 499 viewsDaniel

Is the new pitch still smaller? on 23:13 - Aug 15 by Daniel

I'm sure I read somewhere that we had decided to keep the smaller dimensions for this season

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/24469159.colchester-united-will-keep-pitch-d
Is the new pitch still smaller? on 11:23 - Aug 16 with 442 viewsMarkyMark47

I thought it looked the same. Surprising that the Club have not made it public.
Is the new pitch still smaller? on 12:27 - Aug 16 with 415 viewsMarkyMark47

Is the new pitch still smaller? on 11:23 - Aug 16 by MarkyMark47

I thought it looked the same. Surprising that the Club have not made it public.

The U's didn't need to do anything as the dimension of pitches must fall in the region of 64-75m in width and 100-110m in length. Even though the pitch still met those requirements after it was altered last season, they needed permission as the change was made during the season. According to the BBC the dimensions after the change were 102m by 64m, so if it's the same now it's within the rules.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024