Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium 15:48 - Sep 13 with 4286 viewsdurham_exile

This weekend sees DC’s charges head north west to the Mazuma Stadium Morecambe. The 284-mile journey, one of the longest for the U’s this season. By contrast it is only 62 miles for me and one of my shorter trips.

Frankly this is a game that we should be capable of winning and I am predicting a 2-0 success for the super U’s.

5 points after 5 games suggests another season of struggle, but I am confident that our players will begin to gel in DC’s new squad as he determines his best XI to start and strongest bench of substitutes.

However, what is his best XI?

My view is that we should be starting in Lancashire as follows 3,4,3:

Macey

Flanagan Goodliffe Iandolo

Egbo Payne Read Woodyard

Edwards Tovide Taylor

Subs:
Smith Scully Anderson Bishop Donnelly Hopper Gordon

Once again the subs should be used to maximum impact but DC needs a settled starting XI.

Weather in Morecambe will be sunny, 17 degrees Celsius, dry but breezy.

Derek Adams side will be eager to get off to a good start after disappointing results albeit all league games have resulted in 1-0 defeats. One thing is certain we do not need another Away performance like that experienced at FGR last season.

I want to see Tovide and Taylor on the scoresheet tomorrow.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 17:56 - Sep 13 with 2176 viewsthrillseeker

Durham - nice preview and not to bad a starting XI

But why would a club sign a player (Scully, a striker) on loan and then not start him when our major issue is scoring goals?

I'm also worried about our ability to kick start another clubs season. A team on a bad run can usually rely on us to give them 3 points.

I am also going 2-0 to us
[Post edited 13 Sep 17:57]
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 20:14 - Sep 13 with 2103 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 17:56 - Sep 13 by thrillseeker

But why would a club sign a player (Scully, a striker) on loan and then not start him when our major issue is scoring goals?

I'm also worried about our ability to kick start another clubs season. A team on a bad run can usually rely on us to give them 3 points.

TS
The reason I reckon Scully will be on the bench tomorrow is because Tovide and Taylor will start for DC.

Scully will definitely get some minutes though.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 22:05 - Sep 13 with 2032 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 20:14 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

TS
The reason I reckon Scully will be on the bench tomorrow is because Tovide and Taylor will start for DC.

Scully will definitely get some minutes though.
Up the U's

Virtually under the radar but Harrogate defeated Doncaster 2-0 last night.

Suggests that no-one is going to run away with the league this season.

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 11:06 - Sep 14 with 1927 viewsWitham

After early morning rain the day is cloudy and windy Speaking to an Accrington supporter (who admitted they were the northern Millwall) who has watched Morecambe their problem is like ours - they just can't score . Safe travels
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 11:17 - Sep 14 with 1924 viewsMoor_Pinot

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 11:06 - Sep 14 by Witham

After early morning rain the day is cloudy and windy Speaking to an Accrington supporter (who admitted they were the northern Millwall) who has watched Morecambe their problem is like ours - they just can't score . Safe travels

3-3 draw Witham!?

Moor Pinot

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 12:36 - Sep 14 with 1856 viewsWitham

1-9 with freaky wind-assisted goal !
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 14:14 - Sep 14 with 1786 viewsmfb_cufc

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 12:36 - Sep 14 by Witham

1-9 with freaky wind-assisted goal !

How many of the 9 will be wind assisted?

mfb

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 14:45 - Sep 14 with 1769 viewsdurham_exile

The only change to my line up
Bishop for Read

Good to see Noah here

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 14:52 - Sep 14 with 1760 viewsburnsieespana

A must win game to get us properly up and running.
Sadly I expect. Another afternoon of stress!
[Post edited 14 Sep 15:12]
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 15:25 - Sep 14 with 1720 viewsthrillseeker

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 17:56 - Sep 13 by thrillseeker

Are we about to kick start Morecambe's season as I feared? I hope not.

Still time to get the win
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 15:26 - Sep 14 with 1733 viewsburnsieespana

I am starting to really worry about us.
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 15:43 - Sep 14 with 1676 viewsthrillseeker

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 15:25 - Sep 14 by thrillseeker

Are we about to kick start Morecambe's season as I feared? I hope not.

Still time to get the win

1-1

Beating 10 men papers over the cracks though
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 15:46 - Sep 14 with 1681 viewsBLACKCAT

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 15:43 - Sep 14 by thrillseeker

1-1

As long as the paper is strong enough to secure three points this afternoon that'll do for now.
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:00 - Sep 14 with 1611 viewsdurham_exile

We should win this comfortably now 3-1

Morecambe are shocking.

More belief from the U's

But Read must play.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:08 - Sep 14 with 1577 viewsthrillseeker

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 15:43 - Sep 14 by thrillseeker

1-1

2-1
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:26 - Sep 14 with 1546 viewsthrillseeker

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 15:46 - Sep 14 by BLACKCAT

As long as the paper is strong enough to secure three points this afternoon that'll do for now.

100% agree

Now 3-1 but it feels we only got on top once 10 v 11. When 11 v 11 it sounded like we were struggling but I am only listening to BBC Essex so will be good to hear honest review of performance from people in attendance
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:36 - Sep 14 with 1499 viewsMarkyMark47

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:00 - Sep 14 by durham_exile

We should win this comfortably now 3-1

Morecambe are shocking.

More belief from the U's

But Read must play.

Up the U's

ifollow coverage diabolical (no replays and comically bad BBC Essex commentary).

But come on you U's!
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:44 - Sep 14 with 1444 viewsburnsieespana

Now 3-2. For goodness sake Colchester don't throw ir away now
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:46 - Sep 14 with 1414 viewsthrillseeker

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:44 - Sep 14 by burnsieespana

Now 3-2. For goodness sake Colchester don't throw ir away now

FFS 3-3

Still time to win it (or lose it)
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:46 - Sep 14 with 1421 viewsMarkyMark47

This is absolutely pathetic...
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:48 - Sep 14 with 1407 viewsMarkyMark47

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:46 - Sep 14 by MarkyMark47

This is absolutely pathetic...

National League here we come...
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:57 - Sep 14 with 1339 viewsMarkyMark47

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:48 - Sep 14 by MarkyMark47

National League here we come...

Can't wait to hear more excuses from Cowley.
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:59 - Sep 14 with 1329 viewsDaniel

An awful result given the circumstances
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 17:00 - Sep 14 with 1313 viewsthrillseeker

Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 16:59 - Sep 14 by Daniel

An awful result given the circumstances

Very polite Daniel
Shrimps to be potted by DC's Super U's at Mazuma Stadium on 17:01 - Sep 14 with 1309 views442

Too many changes too early. Destroyed the flow of play. Should have left the players on for longer. No need to have changed things. Someone needs to tell the Cowley’s you don’t have to use your subs.
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024