Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegated 21:37 - Mar 20 with 5730 viewsHarry_Dale

I think tonight has made the mountain too high to climb...

As poor as Eyre was, I think ultimately what cost us will be the 6 games that Beech was in charge, due to the delays at board level.

Up the Dale!
Relegated on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 4342 viewsolympicdale

this is a relegated team.

Life is a game of fate.

Relegated on 22:14 - Mar 20 with 4219 viewsSyke_Dale

Embarrassing......
Relegated on 22:35 - Mar 20 with 4136 viewssweetcorn

I think you're right unfortunatley.

Tonight is the night we were all but relegated, the only chance is if we pick a win up at brentford away, because i wasn't expecting much and results go our way, then we might still be in with a shout, but think the best thing now is for JC to look to next season and who's going to be staying on the books.

Don't know where to start with regards to the game. Jordan getting man of the match was absolutley laughable, he's the slowest player i've ever seen and doesn't bring anything going forward, bring widdowson back asap. it's abundantly clear edwards is not a right back. Lucas' distribution is a joke. Jonah thought we were playing in white. JK was a headless chicken tonight. Symes was isolated until JLAA came on. I defended Obadeyi on saturday, but no defence tonight, so fire away on him, he was garbage. Long was decent to be fair, but thats about it for the defence. Brightest light, its shockingly clear that we now need to build the team around tutte, thought he was outstanding tonight, he has it all, high work rate, good going forward, great technique and passing, the thing i like most about him is if there isn't an option available, he'll keep hold of the ball until someone becomes available. Felt as though their second was a sucker punch and against the run of play, but we deserved to lose after the first 45.

Truly dreadful. Most entertainment was the fight in the sandy.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Relegated on 22:42 - Mar 20 with 4101 viewsD_Alien

Relegated on 22:35 - Mar 20 by sweetcorn

Tonight is the night we were all but relegated, the only chance is if we pick a win up at brentford away, because i wasn't expecting much and results go our way, then we might still be in with a shout, but think the best thing now is for JC to look to next season and who's going to be staying on the books.

Don't know where to start with regards to the game. Jordan getting man of the match was absolutley laughable, he's the slowest player i've ever seen and doesn't bring anything going forward, bring widdowson back asap. it's abundantly clear edwards is not a right back. Lucas' distribution is a joke. Jonah thought we were playing in white. JK was a headless chicken tonight. Symes was isolated until JLAA came on. I defended Obadeyi on saturday, but no defence tonight, so fire away on him, he was garbage. Long was decent to be fair, but thats about it for the defence. Brightest light, its shockingly clear that we now need to build the team around tutte, thought he was outstanding tonight, he has it all, high work rate, good going forward, great technique and passing, the thing i like most about him is if there isn't an option available, he'll keep hold of the ball until someone becomes available. Felt as though their second was a sucker punch and against the run of play, but we deserved to lose after the first 45.

Spot on, on every count there sweetcorn

* D_Alien agrees with sweetcorn shocker!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Relegated on 22:44 - Mar 20 with 4087 views442Dale

We've probably left it too late to discover things like Tutte is our best attacking midfielder, and that leaving centre forwards isolated has cost us season-long

Jordan is getting criticism but not sure why. He's always been a good footballer who has been found out defensively and contributes little going forward. What did anyone expect?

As poor as Eyre was, it was keeping him for so long when he was so far out of his depth that cost us. Beech's spell compounded the problem.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Relegated on 22:45 - Mar 20 with 4069 viewsolympicdale

Tutte wont want to stay, he'll be one of many of this team already on the phone to their agents to get them a move.

Life is a game of fate.

Relegated on 22:48 - Mar 20 with 4058 viewsroccydaleian

Bang on sweetcorn. What happened in the Sandy?
Relegated on 23:01 - Mar 20 with 4006 viewsTVOS1907

We were relegated when Eyre was kept in charge for a month too long.

Everything since is a consequence of that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Relegated on 23:05 - Mar 20 with 3979 viewsBrierls

Relegated on 22:45 - Mar 20 by olympicdale

Tutte wont want to stay, he'll be one of many of this team already on the phone to their agents to get them a move.

I'd hazard a guess that you know fook all about what Tutte, or any other player, would want in the likely event that we're relegated.
Relegated on 23:29 - Mar 20 with 3911 viewsTalkingSutty

Bottom line, we arent good enough !! On our day the players can give their all and come up with a result but it takes a monumental effort for them to do it. So much so that i dont think they have the energy levels to produce that effort on Saturday and then Tuesday.

You can make up for lack of technical ability and skill by sheer willpower in one off games, hence the odd cup shock or non league teams raising their game in a one off encounter. Doing it week in and week out consistantly is not possible, you get found out.

Tranmere where on a different planet to us tonight, physically much stronger, far quicker in their movement both on and off the ball and their control of the ball and passing prowess was far superior and Tranmere are not even one of the better sides in this league.

I am not knocking the lads for effort but really its a collection of journeymen, castoffs from other clubs, loan players and quite a lot who seem more at home in league two. John Coleman inherited a mess and is doing his best to mould a team but in all honesty its a massive struggle.

It pains me to say it but that performance tonight had relegation written all over it. There is only bURY who i have seen who are worse than us, its not down to bad luck or the manager not getting the best out of them. I honestly believe we are we are on merit and the whole squad needs a massive overall for next season.
Relegated on 23:31 - Mar 20 with 3893 viewsD_Alien

Relegated on 23:29 - Mar 20 by TalkingSutty

Bottom line, we arent good enough !! On our day the players can give their all and come up with a result but it takes a monumental effort for them to do it. So much so that i dont think they have the energy levels to produce that effort on Saturday and then Tuesday.

You can make up for lack of technical ability and skill by sheer willpower in one off games, hence the odd cup shock or non league teams raising their game in a one off encounter. Doing it week in and week out consistantly is not possible, you get found out.

Tranmere where on a different planet to us tonight, physically much stronger, far quicker in their movement both on and off the ball and their control of the ball and passing prowess was far superior and Tranmere are not even one of the better sides in this league.

I am not knocking the lads for effort but really its a collection of journeymen, castoffs from other clubs, loan players and quite a lot who seem more at home in league two. John Coleman inherited a mess and is doing his best to mould a team but in all honesty its a massive struggle.

It pains me to say it but that performance tonight had relegation written all over it. There is only bURY who i have seen who are worse than us, its not down to bad luck or the manager not getting the best out of them. I honestly believe we are we are on merit and the whole squad needs a massive overall for next season.

"...the whole squad needs a massive overall for next season."

What's wrong with football kit?

Seriously though TS, you're not wrong

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Relegated on 23:32 - Mar 20 with 3885 viewsDaleFan7

We were down in October never mind now.

We are a much better team now. A play off push and a good cup run will hopefully come next season though.
Relegated on 23:37 - Mar 20 with 3860 viewsKenBoon

We are the worst team in this league. We should finish bottom because its where we deserve to finish. Save Jason Kennedy we have nobody worthy of this league, and had someone bid for him in the summer, we'd have sold him. We'll sell him this summer, if I were him i'd demand a transfer anyway.

We've not put one run together this season. A few good performances. The only run we have is the run of hammerings we had when some of the players decided they were too good to play for Beech.

But never mind, eh! Had a long time to prepare for this, In a way its comforting there's no last minute possible escape, means no last minute heartache when it all goes to shit.
Relegated on 23:58 - Mar 20 with 3811 viewsolympicdale

Relegated on 23:05 - Mar 20 by Brierls

I'd hazard a guess that you know fook all about what Tutte, or any other player, would want in the likely event that we're relegated.

yea i guess i know fook all then. It's just a thought, in that he will think he's too good for L2, similar to Grimes, really hope I'm wrong.

Life is a game of fate.

Relegated on 00:05 - Mar 21 with 3793 viewsNotEyreClue

The first half was as bad as anything we saw under Eyre or Beech. It was painful to watch at times, nobody wanted the ball and almost every single pass went astray. I don't know whether it was nerves or the fatigue of playing a Saturday Tuesday but it was a disgrace.

The awarding of the MOM just goes to show that these people really don't watch the game. Jordan is technically a good footballer but is so so slow, way too slow to play as a fullback. Generally speaking, he didn't do much wrong in footballing terms but when you're that slow you're always going to have an absolute shocker against any winger with the slightest bit about them.

Whoever's told Lucas to persevere with the idea of playing it short needs a bullet between the eyes, the amount of times it puts us under pressure is an absolute joke - I know he's not the best kicker in the world but I'd rather lose the ball in the middle of the park as opposed to near our penalty area!

On the flip side, Long and Tutte were both excellent. Long is an absolute revelation and is far far too good to be playing at this level. Tutte has the makings of a top class midfielder, his pace whilst carrying the ball forward is a sight to behold and his shooting is clearly one of his strongest attributes (a midfielder that shoots omg!).

Tonight looked a game too far for Jonah, I would have much rather seen BBM and his trim new cut because the amount of times Jonah give the ball away was a joke. To be fair though, the man has run himself into the ground for us over the last few weeks so he's bound to be absolutely knackered.

We absolutely dominated up to a certain point in the second half and we needed to capitalise on this, I'm of the belief that if Jonah's free kick had gone in that we'd have gone onto win but that's in the past now. Once again though, we get done by a sucker punch completely against the run of play. We had more than enough good attempts at goal and then their first one flies in the bottom corner and it's game/season over.

Can't see us doing it now, it would take a monumental effort...but I really hope I'm proven wrong. I was absolutely devastated coming away from the game tonight but I live in hope that if we do go down then Coleman is the right man to take us back up again.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Relegated on 02:50 - Mar 21 with 3724 viewsmizfit

Relegated on 23:37 - Mar 20 by KenBoon

We are the worst team in this league. We should finish bottom because its where we deserve to finish. Save Jason Kennedy we have nobody worthy of this league, and had someone bid for him in the summer, we'd have sold him. We'll sell him this summer, if I were him i'd demand a transfer anyway.

We've not put one run together this season. A few good performances. The only run we have is the run of hammerings we had when some of the players decided they were too good to play for Beech.

But never mind, eh! Had a long time to prepare for this, In a way its comforting there's no last minute possible escape, means no last minute heartache when it all goes to shit.

stop licking JK's arse hes not that good, ive been a JK fan since he signed for us but im sick and tired of him being overhyped
if we went down he shouldnt demand anything because at times hes been woeful and tbh he was lucky to stay in team at times in league 2
Relegated on 06:56 - Mar 21 with 3652 viewsTalkingSutty

Relegated on 02:50 - Mar 21 by mizfit

stop licking JK's arse hes not that good, ive been a JK fan since he signed for us but im sick and tired of him being overhyped
if we went down he shouldnt demand anything because at times hes been woeful and tbh he was lucky to stay in team at times in league 2

Partly agree, i am one of JK biggest fans but looking at last nights game Tranmeres midfield, player for player were a yard quicker. JK is very good in league two but wether he can play consistantly in league one i dont know.

If you asked Ronnie Moore to swop one of his starting eleven for one of ours which one would he pick ? i dont see many who are genuinley league one players, thats the harsh reality.
Relegated on 07:08 - Mar 21 with 3639 viewsdannyuk

Relegated on 00:05 - Mar 21 by NotEyreClue

The first half was as bad as anything we saw under Eyre or Beech. It was painful to watch at times, nobody wanted the ball and almost every single pass went astray. I don't know whether it was nerves or the fatigue of playing a Saturday Tuesday but it was a disgrace.

The awarding of the MOM just goes to show that these people really don't watch the game. Jordan is technically a good footballer but is so so slow, way too slow to play as a fullback. Generally speaking, he didn't do much wrong in footballing terms but when you're that slow you're always going to have an absolute shocker against any winger with the slightest bit about them.

Whoever's told Lucas to persevere with the idea of playing it short needs a bullet between the eyes, the amount of times it puts us under pressure is an absolute joke - I know he's not the best kicker in the world but I'd rather lose the ball in the middle of the park as opposed to near our penalty area!

On the flip side, Long and Tutte were both excellent. Long is an absolute revelation and is far far too good to be playing at this level. Tutte has the makings of a top class midfielder, his pace whilst carrying the ball forward is a sight to behold and his shooting is clearly one of his strongest attributes (a midfielder that shoots omg!).

Tonight looked a game too far for Jonah, I would have much rather seen BBM and his trim new cut because the amount of times Jonah give the ball away was a joke. To be fair though, the man has run himself into the ground for us over the last few weeks so he's bound to be absolutely knackered.

We absolutely dominated up to a certain point in the second half and we needed to capitalise on this, I'm of the belief that if Jonah's free kick had gone in that we'd have gone onto win but that's in the past now. Once again though, we get done by a sucker punch completely against the run of play. We had more than enough good attempts at goal and then their first one flies in the bottom corner and it's game/season over.

Can't see us doing it now, it would take a monumental effort...but I really hope I'm proven wrong. I was absolutely devastated coming away from the game tonight but I live in hope that if we do go down then Coleman is the right man to take us back up again.

"Tonight looked a game too far for Jonah"

Not a game, a season. Played every minute of every game and been shit for 95% of them at home, and by the sounds of the commentary and reports, away too. 3 managers and not a set of balls between them to drop him. Should have rertired on a high last season.

Not saying it's all down to him, but he's been the one constant in a shite season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Relegated on 07:13 - Mar 21 with 3631 viewsSFD

The manager has to shoulder some responsibility for last night his back four selection was dreadful
Relegated on 08:29 - Mar 21 with 3548 viewssweetcorn

I agree about JK, he is overrated and i was saying last night that he is this clubs darling. He's not actually that good and i'm not so sure he'll be snapped up in the summer, could really see him being the next jonah (as in making this 'his' club.)

As for Jonah, i've got to say in recent years he has rarely performed on a tuesday, even last year when he had an awesome season, he still visibly struggled on the tuesday games following a saturday, the only game i can think of on a tuesday where he played well was southampton last season, other than that and you've lost me. I know jonah is our captain, but he really should get a rest here and there, especially now tutte has emerged, he's just not needed now all the time. I remember the time when we couldn't win without jones and it cost us automatic! boy how times have changed.

Relegated on 09:02 - Mar 21 with 3495 views442Dale

There is little doubt Kennedy was poor last night, but so were most of them. His performance seems worse because of the first goal.

This shouldn't overshadow how well he's played for the last two months and now Tutte is illustrating why he should have been playing more regularly, it's got to be time to try him alongside Kennedy in a midfield two. We have to win the next two, therefore we have to attack so two proper wide players and two up front.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Relegated on 09:40 - Mar 21 with 3448 viewsSFD

Relegated on 09:02 - Mar 21 by 442Dale

There is little doubt Kennedy was poor last night, but so were most of them. His performance seems worse because of the first goal.

This shouldn't overshadow how well he's played for the last two months and now Tutte is illustrating why he should have been playing more regularly, it's got to be time to try him alongside Kennedy in a midfield two. We have to win the next two, therefore we have to attack so two proper wide players and two up front.

you will be disappointed I think, reckon u will see jordan on left mifield away from home and tutte right with one up front
Relegated on 15:48 - Mar 21 with 3269 viewssweetcorn

Another thing i've noticed is no one seems to place the blame for their first on edward's, he played a silly ball short to JK, which put him instantly under pressure and shockingly they scored, gotta say don't know if its because lucas isn't confident with his kicking, but we just keep playing it short and putting ourselves under pressure, which there is just no need to do.

Relegated on 16:15 - Mar 21 with 3232 viewsfrenzied

as much as it may seem interesting theres a tendency to micro analyse every performance when the team are losing...Coleman is trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear in quick time ....almost impossible ,we now go to watch Dale in hope rather than expectation,the quality req isnt there and altho many appreciate the efforts of JLAA his goals return is poor,Adams may feel he should be playing at a higher level..he aint good enough.
The only players i would look at keeping would be Long,Tutte and im struggling to find any others..the rest are league 2 players and no more..they may be good enough to get us out of league 2 but there not good enough to keep us in league one
Relegated on 09:27 - Mar 22 with 3005 viewssweetcorn

Relegated on 16:15 - Mar 21 by frenzied

as much as it may seem interesting theres a tendency to micro analyse every performance when the team are losing...Coleman is trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear in quick time ....almost impossible ,we now go to watch Dale in hope rather than expectation,the quality req isnt there and altho many appreciate the efforts of JLAA his goals return is poor,Adams may feel he should be playing at a higher level..he aint good enough.
The only players i would look at keeping would be Long,Tutte and im struggling to find any others..the rest are league 2 players and no more..they may be good enough to get us out of league 2 but there not good enough to keep us in league one

1. they'll be alright next season then, because we'll be in league two
2. where do you expect us to find the money to fund a complete overall of the squad like you suggest, it's just not realistic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024