Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long time reader, first time poster... 10:06 - May 19 with 882 viewsLowerLoftLewis

Hi guys,
Been reading these message boards for ages now, and today I finally got round to making an account :)

My names Lewis and I've been a ST holder in the lower loft since I was 12, supported QPR home and away my entire life and hate to sound cliché but I honestly would feel lost without the mighty R's! Not much else to say really :/

Oh, and a nice Brie will do me :D

My question to you lads and lasses is...

If you could sign 7 players right now (that are realistic) Who would they be and who would they replace?

Long time reader, first time poster... on 10:19 - May 19 with 864 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Welcome.

I can't think about players at the mo it's too early since last week, ask me in July when we see who is gone and who's come in (if anyone).

Have you ever tried a Brie and raw onion sandwich? It's...interesting..

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Long time reader, first time poster... on 10:21 - May 19 with 859 viewstimcocking

Hello Lewis,

Seven?

I'd say that's too many. I would prefer 3 or 4 genuinely decent players.

A big basturd at the back, an athletic young keeper, a creative midfielder. I honestly think we're close to a good team already.

Ps That's assuming we get Diakite. If not, goes without saying we'd need a CM. Taiwo i'd sign, but i prefer traore.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Long time reader, first time poster... on 10:27 - May 19 with 837 viewsLowerLoftLewis

Long time reader, first time poster... on 10:21 - May 19 by timcocking

Hello Lewis,

Seven?

I'd say that's too many. I would prefer 3 or 4 genuinely decent players.

A big basturd at the back, an athletic young keeper, a creative midfielder. I honestly think we're close to a good team already.

Ps That's assuming we get Diakite. If not, goes without saying we'd need a CM. Taiwo i'd sign, but i prefer traore.

I'd say sign Taiwo + Diakite, a new CM if Ale isn't the same player (fingers crossed he is), Chris Samba, a hidden gem of a young keeper and a few back ups for injuries/suspensions..
Long time reader, first time poster... on 10:49 - May 19 with 805 viewsHollowayRanger

Id want 8 i would sign

robinson (1)
heaton(2)
naughton
tawioo
Big c/b
diakite
reo corker(as back up)
Quality winger

15 out
kenny cerny murphy dyer borrowdale shittu hall perone gabbidon ramage cook smith barton vine ageymang hulse

would leave us
robinson heaton (youth)
tawioo traore
hill BIg c/b ferdinand connelly onouha
naughton young
diakite faurlin derry reo-corker buszaky
taarabt Quality winger swp mackie
cisse zamorra helgerson campbell bothroyd

should be good enough and plenty of cover

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Long time reader, first time poster... on 10:57 - May 19 with 797 viewsCharlie1

Hello

2:59 baby!

Long time reader, first time poster... on 11:22 - May 19 with 779 viewsballbag

Welcome!

For starters, Diakite and Taiwo should be signed.

Then I would maybe go for Wolves' Fletcher (scored plenty of goals for a crap Wolves side), someone like Whittingham from Cardiff who can play across the midfield and this Tomkins fella everybody seems to go on about (if West ham lose today that is).

Chuck in Ben Foster and we're laughing.

We'll probably end up with a bunch of foreigners we've never heard of which, judging by Hughes' record, is fine by me!

Long time reader, first time poster... on 13:23 - May 19 with 735 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Foster
Samba
Taiwoooooo
Diehardkite
Hoilett
Defoe
Adam Johnson

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Long time reader, first time poster... on 13:55 - May 19 with 705 viewsTacticalR

Welcome on board.

I am not sure I can come up with 7 realistic new players! In fact I am quite cautious because a lot of the new players we have brought in have let us down. If anything the season has taught us to value the players we already have.

Hughes has brought in Mike Rigg, Manchester City's head scout, so hopefully we will have an improved scouting network and an improved choice of players. In my view we would be better off looking for talented players from the lower leagues and from Europe on the rise than buying experienced Premiership players on the wane, (unless they really offer something special).

Paddy has some sort of injury, so I would like us to look for a standby goalie. Ben Foster looked good against us for WBA (now returned to Birmingham), although I am not sure he would be happy to be a standby.

If Bolton are selling, then Lee Chung-Yong would be a good buy if he's recovered from his broken leg. He has superb skill and vision.

Do you have 7 players you want to buy?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Long time reader, first time poster... on 14:11 - May 19 with 688 viewsNorthernr

Hello and welcome Lewis. Good to have you along.

On the new players, I think what we should be wary of is giving up on those that have done a job for us so far too quickly. That's the biggest mistake we made last season for me (I was as guilty as anybody) and slowly as the campaign went by we went back to Hill, Helguson, Derry, Mackie etc and there were our better players. This summer I'd like to see Diakite and Taiwo sign, and us use Traore a lot more. On top of that I think we only need a couple more. Maybe three tops.

I'd like to look at Hoilett (probably out of our league) and N'Zonzi at Blackburn. Jarvis at Wolves too and Holden at Bolton if he comes back from his injury ok. Lower down Jordan Rhodes is the obvious one but Jack Hunt the right back at Huddersfield is a terrific player worth watching - Norwich have shown that these bargains do exist down there and I really like the look of that kid. Jamie has mentioned Luke Freeman a couple of times and he looks useful, but carrying puppy fat and currently very selfish on the ball and makes poor choices in the final third, but certainly a talent worth keeping an eye on as is Powell and Leitch Smith at Crewe.

Looking forward to seeing the next Samba, Dembele, Diakite type that Hughes digs up from abroad as well.
Long time reader, first time poster... on 14:31 - May 19 with 661 viewskensalriser

Haven't thrre out of Hughes' four signings come from abroad? Wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign another one or two that none of us have ever heard of.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Long time reader, first time poster... on 15:08 - May 19 with 633 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Welcome LLL!

I think with Rig and Hughes track record we can expect the unexpected and the unknown, hopefully a few gems, especially if Cisse and Diakite set the standard!

Long time reader, first time poster... on 16:16 - May 19 with 602 viewsgigiisourgod

Long time reader, first time poster... on 15:08 - May 19 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Welcome LLL!

I think with Rig and Hughes track record we can expect the unexpected and the unknown, hopefully a few gems, especially if Cisse and Diakite set the standard!

Yes for the second time in two years I don't really know what we should do about our defense. Last year we surely would have been better off keeping our back 4 than playing around with it in the manner we did so for me squad should be:

Kenny
(new signing to try and enhance paddys performance levels now the cough medicine is wearing off)
Another - Murphy or Cerny depending on fitness?

Traore
Taiwo
Hill

Anton Ferdinand
Clint Hill
Onouha
Ramage
New signing

Young
Onouha
New Signing

Derry
Diakite
Faurlin
Hopefully not Barton

Mackie
Tarrabt
Traore
Poss Buzz
Hopefully not SWP

Helguson
Cisse
Zamora
Bothroyd
Campbell/ new signing

That means minimum of 3 signings... and ideally 6 if we can ship SWP and barton as although Barton was beginning to produce some decent displays has burnt his bridges I feel and replace them with better, whilst being able to sell the players they are replacing... eg: campbell/bothroyd/akos if he is offered better terms elsewhere/murphy

Also means for me out (if possible) out would be:
Hall, Gabbidon, Connolly (reluctantly), Big Pat, Hulse, Smith, plus the rest of the vines of this word who do not even have squad numbers.
Long time reader, first time poster... on 16:19 - May 19 with 601 viewsDylanP

Welcome to the board. Glad you took the plunge.

I don't want us to sign 7 more players. Honestly, that would be my nightmare. I think we have a good bunch of lads who are just beginning to gel into a formidable force. What we need is some stability. The players are beginning to buy into the Hughes plan and beginning to develop chemistry. That's the way forward. With full summer training/playing together without drama or major changes and we could be a substantial team come next season. Imagine what we would be like if genuine trust and understanding were built between Adel and Cisse, for example, between Faurlin and Traore, and so on.

I would say we need two or three new players tops: a central midfielder and a central defender and maybe a replacement for Cerny.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024