Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich 14:45 - May 31 with 3371 viewsdale58

Supposed to be off to Villa....and not accepted by Norwich fun n games time.......and I just added these to my twitter follows @friskyradio worth a listen if you like electro trance style stuff
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The Avi is Dave Cross Forgotten Legend

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 14:48 - May 31 with 2474 viewsolympicdale

he apparently walked out on them, after not being allowed to speak to them when they approached norwich, was always likely to happen given the season they had.

Life is a game of fate.

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 14:50 - May 31 with 2467 viewselectricblue

Simple...put him gardening duty for the remainder of his contract and dont pay him a breach of the contract surely

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 15:13 - May 31 with 2435 viewsSuddenLad

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 14:50 - May 31 by electricblue

Simple...put him gardening duty for the remainder of his contract and dont pay him a breach of the contract surely

Another example of how useless and ineffective contracts are in the world of football. Whilst none of us know, I would think there were clauses in there in the event of an approach from a so-called 'higher club'.

If they have refused him permission to speak to Villa in those circumstances, then he is entitled to walk away.

Stand by fro fireworks, and Grant Holt to Villa Park ..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 16:14 - May 31 with 2387 viewsD_Alien

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 15:13 - May 31 by SuddenLad

Another example of how useless and ineffective contracts are in the world of football. Whilst none of us know, I would think there were clauses in there in the event of an approach from a so-called 'higher club'.

If they have refused him permission to speak to Villa in those circumstances, then he is entitled to walk away.

Stand by fro fireworks, and Grant Holt to Villa Park ..

If there is such a clause in his contract, it'd be interesting to see what the definition of a "higher club" is though - it might help in the debate about what constitutes a "big" club!

Normally, the clause might specify "a club in a higher division" but obviously not in the premiership.

IMO the Villa job is as poisoned a chalice as it gets. If Martin O'Neill can see fit to walk away after several highly-placed finishes, only a masochist would take it on.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 16:26 - May 31 with 2373 viewsDySporting

From what I understand from a friend of mine who works for Norwich talks to keep lambert have been going on for a week or so but financially villa are offering wages way beyond ncfcs means.
So swans and Norwich lose out which means top championship clubs get twitchy. Norwich have lee Clark who of course used to be assistant and malky mackay of Cardiff in their sights
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 16:38 - May 31 with 2348 viewsSuddenLad

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 16:14 - May 31 by D_Alien

If there is such a clause in his contract, it'd be interesting to see what the definition of a "higher club" is though - it might help in the debate about what constitutes a "big" club!

Normally, the clause might specify "a club in a higher division" but obviously not in the premiership.

IMO the Villa job is as poisoned a chalice as it gets. If Martin O'Neill can see fit to walk away after several highly-placed finishes, only a masochist would take it on.

I always assumed that the term 'Big Club' referred to any club that had recently appointed a new manager, who was then obliged to refer to his new employers as such in any subsequent press conference. League status is usually irrelevant.

For example,' Big Club Bradford City' or 'Big Club Plymouth Argyle'. It's all bollocks really, and no more than a convenient 'sound-bite'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 18:12 - May 31 with 2272 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Delia Oh Delia.
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 18:20 - May 31 with 2260 viewsolympicdale

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 16:26 - May 31 by DySporting

From what I understand from a friend of mine who works for Norwich talks to keep lambert have been going on for a week or so but financially villa are offering wages way beyond ncfcs means.
So swans and Norwich lose out which means top championship clubs get twitchy. Norwich have lee Clark who of course used to be assistant and malky mackay of Cardiff in their sights

I cant see Clark going back to work as a number 2, and would be surprised if Mackay left Cardiff, will probably be someone out of contract, Roy Keane maybe

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 19:32 - May 31 with 2200 viewsDySporting

Clark as manager not no two. Looking at Clark or mackay
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 19:58 - May 31 with 2179 viewssandylaner1

i knew as soon as villa became interested lambert would be off

he didn't show any loyalty to colchester after one game in the season leaving them for arch rivals norwich.

hes now got a huge job to do at villa to make them anywere near as good as the norwich team hes left.

nothing to see here, money talks
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 21:04 - May 31 with 2124 viewsmacro

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 18:20 - May 31 by olympicdale

I cant see Clark going back to work as a number 2, and would be surprised if Mackay left Cardiff, will probably be someone out of contract, Roy Keane maybe

Mackay odds on favourite with some bookies, Hughton of Brum 2nd fav with Poyet 3rd fav
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 10:46 - Jun 1 with 1990 viewsfitzochris

Holty has just tweeted that he's offski!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 12:17 - Jun 1 with 1955 viewsDySporting

He may want to go but Norwich don't have to let him but holt to villa has to be a possibility
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 12:32 - Jun 1 with 1932 viewsolympicdale

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 10:46 - Jun 1 by fitzochris

Holty has just tweeted that he's offski!

the unraveling begins.

Life is a game of fate.

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 12:35 - Jun 1 with 1928 viewsDySporting

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 12:32 - Jun 1 by olympicdale

the unraveling begins.

Still won't have unravelled as much as ipshit though
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 12:49 - Jun 1 with 1918 viewsolympicdale

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 12:35 - Jun 1 by DySporting

Still won't have unravelled as much as ipshit though

guess that L1 campaign has been erased from memory

Life is a game of fate.

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 14:02 - Jun 1 with 1882 viewsDySporting

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 12:49 - Jun 1 by olympicdale

guess that L1 campaign has been erased from memory

You mean the season where Norwich rebuilt the entire side won the league by a street and bounced up straight to the premier league. It was a disaster being relegated I'm sure soton fans feel the same
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 14:09 - Jun 1 with 1872 viewsolympicdale

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 14:02 - Jun 1 by DySporting

You mean the season where Norwich rebuilt the entire side won the league by a street and bounced up straight to the premier league. It was a disaster being relegated I'm sure soton fans feel the same

thats true yea, im sure the budgies saw it as a step forward when they dropped out of the championship, hindsight is a beautiful thing, certainly a big season for them next year.

Life is a game of fate.

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 14:44 - Jun 1 with 1848 viewsDySporting

Ipshite are on the slide they'll do a Coventry, Sheffield wed, Sheffield utd, man city, Leeds etc and end up there and maybe come back stronger but hopefully they'll do a Bradford
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 15:07 - Jun 1 with 1825 viewsolympicdale

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 14:44 - Jun 1 by DySporting

Ipshite are on the slide they'll do a Coventry, Sheffield wed, Sheffield utd, man city, Leeds etc and end up there and maybe come back stronger but hopefully they'll do a Bradford

Don't see any evidence to think that will happen. Will start the season well, fall off around Christmas, come back strong around march trying a late surge for the top 6, then fall off in April and end up 15th. Only saving grace is that at least PJ now looking at youth once more, 'stead of the useless 30 year olds been full off last year, if only Rhodes hadn't been booted by mr Keane.

Life is a game of fate.

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 16:31 - Jun 1 with 1782 viewsColDale

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 19:58 - May 31 by sandylaner1

i knew as soon as villa became interested lambert would be off

he didn't show any loyalty to colchester after one game in the season leaving them for arch rivals norwich.

hes now got a huge job to do at villa to make them anywere near as good as the norwich team hes left.

nothing to see here, money talks

what else is there left to do at Norwich? In finishing 12th last season, he might at a push find himself being able to get them a couple of places higher, but they'll never be able to financially compete enough to finish in the top 8.

Perhaps as well, Lambert has seen that when one of the big jobs has come up, the likes of Rodgers and Martinez have been linked, and despite arguably doing a better job than both, he's been overlooked. It could be that he sees the need to transform the nature of a club like Villa if he wants to make that step up, and I'm sure Villa will be able to provide more financial backing to break into that top 8 than they could at Norwich.
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 17:07 - Jun 1 with 1766 viewsfitzochris

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 16:31 - Jun 1 by ColDale

what else is there left to do at Norwich? In finishing 12th last season, he might at a push find himself being able to get them a couple of places higher, but they'll never be able to financially compete enough to finish in the top 8.

Perhaps as well, Lambert has seen that when one of the big jobs has come up, the likes of Rodgers and Martinez have been linked, and despite arguably doing a better job than both, he's been overlooked. It could be that he sees the need to transform the nature of a club like Villa if he wants to make that step up, and I'm sure Villa will be able to provide more financial backing to break into that top 8 than they could at Norwich.

I agree with what you say here but Norwich, traditionally at any rate, is a bigger club than both Wigan and Swansea.

Perhaps, in some people’s eyes, Lambert has achieved what is expected of a club’s Norwich’s size.

I don’t personally, of course. I think the days of Norwich taking on the likes of Bayern Munich are long gone — and Lambert has achieved a great feat in keeping Norwich up, never mind guiding them to a mid-table finish.

Despite this, Rodgers’ achievement at Swansea does eclipse this, it has to be said.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 17:22 - Jun 1 with 1748 viewsDySporting

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 16:31 - Jun 1 by ColDale

villa have so much debt that despite the size of the gates they are a team who can't compete with the big boys anymore they need lambert because of his genius of picking up lower league players. Villa are 50m in debt but they'll pay lambert four times what he earns at Norwich. It won't be plain sailing for him. Good to luck to him.
Norwich have also released a statement saying holt will not be sold. We'll see
Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 17:42 - Jun 1 with 1736 viewsolympicdale

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 17:22 - Jun 1 by DySporting

villa have so much debt that despite the size of the gates they are a team who can't compete with the big boys anymore they need lambert because of his genius of picking up lower league players. Villa are 50m in debt but they'll pay lambert four times what he earns at Norwich. It won't be plain sailing for him. Good to luck to him.
Norwich have also released a statement saying holt will not be sold. We'll see

expect him to be gone within the next month then..

Life is a game of fate.

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 20:17 - Jun 1 with 1693 viewsDySporting

Paul Lamberts Resigned from Norwich on 17:42 - Jun 1 by olympicdale

expect him to be gone within the next month then..

It'll be interesting to see what happens, rumours out of Norwich that culverhouse might stay at Norwich as manager, can't see it he'll go with lambert. Malky mackay seems to be the first choice although crazily Neil Lennon seems to be mentioned. As for hOlt if he's sold McNally will look like a tvat as he's gone on record as saying holty is going nowhere
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024