Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillespie Rumours 13:08 - Jun 18 with 940 views442

Rumour has it that SG is off to Fleetwood Town http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7823037/

Not good news if true I feel.
Gillespie Rumours on 14:31 - Jun 18 with 929 viewsLeadbelly

It may appear a big step backwards but no doubt Fleetwood are very ambitious. It's also much closer to his roots, which must play a large part in the decision making.

We are woefully light up front already and Gillsepie's departure would only make it worse.

Last season was the first where we've really seen what Gilly could do. It will,therefore, be galling if he does leave now after several years of very limited productivity.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Gillespie Rumours on 14:37 - Jun 18 with 929 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Looks like it's a done deal!

http://www.cu-fc.com/page/News/0,,10424~2815383,00.html

We are going to play with no strikers!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Gillespie Rumours on 18:30 - Jun 18 with 896 viewsburnsieespana

I guess this sale has been drived by the changes in finances for future seasons as transfer funds count as turnover so allows you to spend more in wages.
Hopefullt JW has a couple of sriker replacenents planned. On the omg strong talk of Alex Revell coming our way but suppose it will all kick off at the end of June when contracts finish.
Hopefully JW will have better luck this year than last in finding strikers!
Gillespie Rumours on 20:08 - Jun 18 with 885 viewsbwildered

Strangely will be missed , has when fit, he was willing and eager to work and his goals per game record is good .
Bought to score the goals to get us a quick return back to the Championship,
scored a quality goal against the Tractor Boys in the League Cup and looked the part, but alas spent more time on the treatment table than on the pitch therafter. The partnership with Odi never flourished at this level so perhaps time to move on, and might get better luck with injuries at another club.
Should have no problem scoring regular goals down another level if he remains fit , so wish him a healthy future career .

We require two fit and regular strikers , perhaps one being a young Premier League run raider ( NOT Sears ) in the mould of Fagan and Vine , combined with a experience head.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Gillespie Rumours on 23:00 - Jun 18 with 874 viewsdurham_exile

Gillespie Rumours on 20:08 - Jun 18 by bwildered

Strangely will be missed , has when fit, he was willing and eager to work and his goals per game record is good .
Bought to score the goals to get us a quick return back to the Championship,
scored a quality goal against the Tractor Boys in the League Cup and looked the part, but alas spent more time on the treatment table than on the pitch therafter. The partnership with Odi never flourished at this level so perhaps time to move on, and might get better luck with injuries at another club.
Should have no problem scoring regular goals down another level if he remains fit , so wish him a healthy future career .

We require two fit and regular strikers , perhaps one being a young Premier League run raider ( NOT Sears ) in the mould of Fagan and Vine , combined with a experience head.

Well I suppose Spain get by playing 4-6-0.

Very disappointed to lose Stevie G, it was bad enough saying goodbye to Kayode.

JW has limited time to sign two strikers.

Premiership reserves or championship fringe players, trouble is who?

Defence also need strengthing.

Not looking good for PNE away at present.

Up the U's what's left of them.

Durham_exile

Gillespie Rumours on 23:19 - Jun 18 with 871 viewsBaldrick

Gillespie Rumours on 23:00 - Jun 18 by durham_exile

Well I suppose Spain get by playing 4-6-0.

Very disappointed to lose Stevie G, it was bad enough saying goodbye to Kayode.

JW has limited time to sign two strikers.

Premiership reserves or championship fringe players, trouble is who?

Defence also need strengthing.

Not looking good for PNE away at present.

Up the U's what's left of them.

Another one bites the dust !
According to our beloved chairman there is plenty of time to sign a striker, a striker, a striker, sorry repeating myself. A guy on I believe the Standard web site reckons Colchester keep contacting him about his season ticket. It seems he has declined the offer a few times.
Gillespie Rumours on 18:14 - Jun 19 with 851 viewsFruitbat

Played in (I think) 98 games over 4 seasons. As long as we can sign someone capable of playing more regularly that that then I'm not that bothered.
Gillespie Rumours on 18:21 - Jun 19 with 848 viewswessex_exile

I don't doubt Fleetwood's ambition, it is a return to the north-west for Gilly, and if the chairman's implied suggestion that the fee offered was too good to refuse, it's probably the right thing to do for the club as well - but in my personal opinion I think this is terrible news...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Gillespie Rumours on 21:51 - Jun 19 with 838 viewseagledares

Gillespie Rumours on 18:21 - Jun 19 by wessex_exile

I don't doubt Fleetwood's ambition, it is a return to the north-west for Gilly, and if the chairman's implied suggestion that the fee offered was too good to refuse, it's probably the right thing to do for the club as well - but in my personal opinion I think this is terrible news...

i wonder if teddey fancies another go? with scotty mcleish along side
Gillespie Rumours on 18:32 - Jun 25 with 780 viewsbwildered

Undisclosed fee , too good to turn down ...........

Anyone guess Gillys value ?

Perhaps the Charman put him on Flog It ......and I missed it .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Gillespie Rumours on 21:37 - Jun 25 with 769 viewswessex_exile

Gillespie Rumours on 18:32 - Jun 25 by bwildered

Undisclosed fee , too good to turn down ...........

Anyone guess Gillys value ?

Perhaps the Charman put him on Flog It ......and I missed it .

...or GroupOn?

I've read elsewhere that quite a bit of the £400k signing fee was actually tied up in performance-related add-ons that never got triggered, and that the real fee was closer to £250k. If I were RC (I wish) and Col U got that back I'd be happy.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024