Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a chat with the old chap this morning. 15:42 - Oct 2 with 1735 viewsE7Ranger

My dad I mean. Not that I don't sometimes speak with the little fella, and various other (completely inanimate) objects around the house. Rangers have done that to me over the years.

"Why do they play that bloody Zamora?"
He's actually a pretty good player pop and he does hold the ball up well and pass OK. Scores the odd goal. He's just not the goal scorer we really need"

"And the frog? Cisse is it?
Well he's actually lethal when he's in the mood pop. Still a very dangerous player. Still glad we bought him.

But the more we went on the more I realised I just didn't have the answers and that I was trying to defend , perhaps, the indefensible. I don't even know why I was trying to back them and Hughes up either, other than I just love Rangers and still try and stay positive when it comes to them, even though I have known nothing but complete pain and utter bemusement, with the odd momentary glitch of joy and pride in the rangers matrix.

I still look at those players, most of whom played when we totally blitzed Spurs for what a good hour or so - and lost obviously - and I'm glad we have them. I think (most) of the players we took on, pre this season anyway, are good. Definitely still able to play in the top flight. But others... the likes of Ferdinand who plays the odd blinder but is generally poor, Onouha or whatever who is just a total no no, though I gather he's supposed to be a centre back? Mackie.. great chap but just not a top flight player.Green who I've always considered very poor (among many many other poor top flight keepers so nothing so unusual there). But I still think a lot of these other chaps would be wanted by other clubs in this league at least in terms of ability, even if they can't and wont pay the silly wages we are. I'd include Cesar, Nelson, Fabio, Bozwinger, Terrorbat, SWP (still), Barton, Grenaro, Faulin, Hoilett, Park, Diakite, Cisse, Zamora and , if he wasn't such a crock, a very nifty Johnson. I'm not saying they are worth the wages, but just that they have ability. We DO have good players. Mixed in with some really poor ones - at least on form so far. We CAN play some excellent slick and fast tip tap. We DO create chances. But the constant changing of formation , even if in places it can't be helped because of injuries, and the lack of quality replacements in the squad does not fill me with too much optimism boys n girls.

We need to keep buying if you ask me. 2 good proper full backs. at least 1 more GOOD CB, a GOOD fast striker who can play alone and , unless this Mbia turns out to be any good in defensive MF, a new one of those 2!

I honestly think even if Hughes does turn this around and we start finding some good consistency, with the way our luck goes injury wise - and much of that I feel is self imposed - then we are gonna be in for a fight to get to comfy status in this league.

No question though that it's the defensive issues hurting us the most. Yeah another good striker would be great as Cisse seems off the pace, but I'm still pretty confident Cisse, Zamore, Hoilett, TerrorBat (if played!) can still get us enough. Midfield is strong really I think, or will be id Mbia get's played there and is any good and Diakite can calm down following any yellows.

I don't see that sacking Hughes is a good move. Don't want 'arry and anyway... enough's enough surely with our record on managers. Would cost millions more and I honestly think any manager would struggle with what we have there anyway. 3 of the players he bough in for defence are crocked for a start and like I said Nelson, Bozwinger and Fabio (after a bad start) were all starting to show promise.

I think he'll get till xmas to turn it round unless we start losing game after game even against the 'lesser' clubs, and then try and get a few in in NY. If I had any money I'd still bet on us to survive and just remember how much the table changes every year. Clubs that look totally doomed miraculously survive , and some teams who look good go to complete gash. To early to be writing them off now I think. Enough of this bollox, time for another smoke.
Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 1700 viewskensalriser

We've already lost to Swansea, Reading and West Ham. At home. I'm beyond caring that we played well in a couple of games, as far as I'm concerned we've had seven poor results including the cup game. Four or perhaps even five would have been OK but seven is shit however you look at it. And I don't think it's the players as we have the talent to comfortably finish middle third.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 16:15 - Oct 2 with 1646 viewsTGRRRSSS

we have a number of "talented" individuals, do we have a talented team though?
Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 21:21 - Oct 2 with 1505 viewsRangersAreBack

Potentially we have a good enough 1st 11 to stay up but the lack of strength in depth concerns me. A few injuries and we suddenly look like a pub team.
Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 21:24 - Oct 2 with 1494 viewsbaz_qpr

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 15:52 - Oct 2 by kensalriser

We've already lost to Swansea, Reading and West Ham. At home. I'm beyond caring that we played well in a couple of games, as far as I'm concerned we've had seven poor results including the cup game. Four or perhaps even five would have been OK but seven is shit however you look at it. And I don't think it's the players as we have the talent to comfortably finish middle third.

two of those were self inflicted by the manager that is what is really worrying
Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 21:34 - Oct 2 with 1475 viewswestolian

No idea what the OP said as I couldn't get past the fact he talks to his penis

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 21:51 - Oct 2 with 1442 viewsStanisgod

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 16:15 - Oct 2 by TGRRRSSS

we have a number of "talented" individuals, do we have a talented team though?

Thats the problem at the moment I think. West Ham looked like a TEAM, as did Reading and Swansea, teams that at the beginning of the season all on here were expecting wins from I'm sure. We don't look like a team most of the time.

If you look at the 3 goals we scored last week, all fantastic goals, but all individual class finishes. When we click as a team, we look good, but it's not happening enough.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 22:06 - Oct 2 with 1410 viewsMatch82

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 15:52 - Oct 2 by kensalriser

Harsh to say that the win v Walsall was a bad result!

For my money we've had 3 bad results (Swansea, West Ham, Reading)
2 "expected" results - Norwich, Spurs, Man City
2 "good" results - Chelsea, Walsall

You could argue that Spurs/Man City were bad results as we didn't pick up any points and I get that. I'm not going to argue that we're doing well or that our results overall have been even average so far, but to say we've had 7 bad results is harsh IMO

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 1405 viewsHayesender

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 21:34 - Oct 2 by westolian

No idea what the OP said as I couldn't get past the fact he talks to his penis

I thought that was part of the norm

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 22:59 - Oct 2 with 1357 viewsJigsore

Mackie is certainly good enough for this league

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 23:37 - Oct 2 with 1340 viewsted_hendrix

It would also be nice and steadying to have the following available on a regular basis;
Traore, Bosingwa, Fabio, Ferdinand and Dyer, yes Dyer, none of whom were available last night.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 00:30 - Oct 3 with 1301 views18StoneOfHoop

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 23:37 - Oct 2 by ted_hendrix

It would also be nice and steadying to have the following available on a regular basis;
Traore, Bosingwa, Fabio, Ferdinand and Dyer, yes Dyer, none of whom were available last night.

He bought 12 though,he was backed conspicuously,generously and unhestitatingly in a manner no other QPR Manager has had the luxury of.Some of them dream players - Little R's who've never won a thing in 45 years buy from Inter Milan & Real Madrid? Are you sure,John? The like we never could have thought to see at Loftus Road considering our low attendances & lack of trophies.
So we attracted an incredible 12 buys with this open cheque-book - see who your Sparky ex-Man Utd name and our hefty wages can attract - get them in early - 2 for every position - sell the rump afterwards policy.
We had a team - sorry squad - going into opening day that LFW 'punters', bookies and informed neutrals alike,in no way unreasonably,predicted should finish between 10th and 12th according to the consensus of opinion.

I'm as from as sanguine and retaining faith in MH to somehow evntually get it right here at the start of October,after the carte-blanche open-cheque-book spending & bearing in mind his 'this will never happen again' message that he hoisted his own petard after that epic City escape.I'm unhappy with Hughes here in October much more than I was ever dissatisfied at Neil Warnock after the MK Dons around January 10th 2012 debacle when Fernandes decided to sack him.

I agree with the much derided on this board, Harry 'Candle-neck Redknapp when on an early season Match Of The Day he stated that if QPR had managed to secure Michael Dawson and Richard Carvalho - in the crucial and evident to all-&-sundry,necessary to reinforce centre-back berths - we would have beenndancing.
Christopher Samba seems to have been awarded such a load-of-wonga long-term Russian contract that there was - for then - no hope of signing him.

West Brom,Everton and Arse are all in form.If we're still searching for a win after Arse on October 27th then the 13th highest paid manager in Europe can do one. I.E. : what a certain sad attention-seeking,pinheaded,pitifully poor penalty-taker might call 'doing the offski'.
Once that happens we can probably look forward to his law-unto-himself agent Mr Kia Jaroobchian securing him some light but well-paid punditry.Just look at how well the equally charming & managerially successful Man Utd Old Boy Roy Keane is doing over at ITV.

Apologies if the above rhubarb repeats points that have made earlier or is nonsensical/unintelligible at times.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 00:38 - Oct 3 with 1290 viewsTacticalR

Kia Joorabchian is not Mark Hughes' agent. He is his 'advisor'.

Air hostess clique

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 12:37 - Oct 3 with 1176 viewsQPunkR

Yes. That's just what we need. Buy a sh!tload more players.

Then when that doesn't work, buy a sh!tload more FFS

QPR - "shit but local"

Had a chat with the old chap this morning. on 13:06 - Oct 3 with 1153 viewshoof_hearted

This is a stressful weak, for sure.

My old chap went purple with rage this morning and then spat at me.

I may have to get the missus to straighten things out again later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024