Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWP 15:42 - Oct 5 with 2546 viewsShackletonR

You know it i know it, Hughes is going to start him Saturday, all right he may put the effort in training, head down ( like most runs he does) does as he's told looks good at star jumps, can nearly pull off wearing an over sized England blazer, have a night club fracus and not be his fault, his dads a funny bloke, his brother scores more goals than him so he may emulate him one day but please can someone tell me why MH keeps sticking with him.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

SWP on 15:51 - Oct 5 with 2515 viewsdaveB

he played well against Spurs and Chelsea which is why he played the other night
SWP on 15:58 - Oct 5 with 2493 viewschris1969

SWP on 15:51 - Oct 5 by daveB

he played well against Spurs and Chelsea which is why he played the other night

....and he was one of the better players (not saying much) for the first half against West Ham. Just wish he had more tricks in his locker, was embarrassing to see him try and go past Jarvis.

Hoillett should start on current form and confidence.
SWP on 16:38 - Oct 5 with 2431 viewsmrmonkey

I completely object to this....

His dad is a twunt NOT a "funny bloke"
SWP on 18:13 - Oct 5 with 2383 viewsMattnme

He works hard when he hasn't got the ball which is why Hughes picks him. Unfortunately he's sh1t when he's got it.
SWP on 18:14 - Oct 5 with 2381 viewswittle

id rather swp play than park
SWP on 18:29 - Oct 5 with 2351 viewsR_from_afar

If both SWP and Park start, Rangers will be fined for deliberately fielding a weakened team! Villa will see it as a conspiracy to make sure The Baggies finish above them.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

SWP on 19:35 - Oct 5 with 2270 viewsCHUBBS

The physical potential is there,shame about the football brain. Notts Forest used to have a wide fast player called Franz Carr who looked good until he got into the last quarter of the pitch.SWP is a carbon copy as he also produces no end product.
SWP on 21:48 - Oct 5 with 2197 viewsShackletonR

Cheers fellow Rs i now know that MH likes him as he played well twice, has no tricks, his dad isn't really funny, works hard when he hasn't got the ball( like a race horse with out a jockey), he like's fielding a weekend team, SWP has no football brain but runs fast with no end product. Mmm makes sense than.

Seriously thou i hope he plays 4-5-1 tomorrow as most seem to think this is our best formation, this is mine if fit.

Ceser
Dyer Nelson M'Bia Bosingwa
Park Granero Faurlin
Hoillet Taarabt
Zamora

U RRRRRss.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Login to get fewer ads

SWP on 10:21 - Oct 6 with 2108 viewsW12_Ranger

Phillips has been one of our best players this season not sure why its so hard to see that unless we are suggesting selecting a team which looks good on paper over players who should be in the starting 11 on merit.

Never been his greatest fan but was our best player in pre-season and starting the season has played his best football for the club.

SWP on 10:43 - Oct 6 with 2094 viewsTheBlob

On the Turd Index (or TI )he's about a 5,a quarter pounder with only a few twigs and nuts in it.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

SWP on 10:46 - Oct 6 with 2083 viewsisawqpratwcity

The presence of nuts may indicate a too vigorous wiping motion.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

SWP on 11:36 - Oct 6 with 2035 viewsgazza1

I find it difficult to critisise SWP tbh.....always puts a shift in, never hides, goes into tackles when required, team player, etc, etc and comes across as a real decent man. For sure he has not performed as well as he would have liked but the amount of 'stick' he gets from punters on this MB is not called for.
SWP on 11:48 - Oct 6 with 2022 viewsisawqpratwcity

SWP on 11:36 - Oct 6 by gazza1

I find it difficult to critisise SWP tbh.....always puts a shift in, never hides, goes into tackles when required, team player, etc, etc and comes across as a real decent man. For sure he has not performed as well as he would have liked but the amount of 'stick' he gets from punters on this MB is not called for.

Agreed that he's tryer, puts in, better than last season, etc, etc, but still not delivering. Jeez, I want the bloke to succeed, just do the job!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

SWP on 13:50 - Oct 6 with 1936 viewsClive_Anderson

Yes yes he tracks back and does a bit of tackling and runs around a lot.

But he is just no good when retaining possession. He doesn't have the skill or vision to create any space, so when he gets the ball he is immediately surrounded by a couple of opposition players and has to run at 100mph just as a desperate attempt to try and keep the ball.

The only time we keep the ball after he gets it is if he gets fouled when running at high speed. Occasionally he manages to prod the ball to a team mate, but it's never a calm measured pass so the player receiving it has no space either when they receive it.

He doesn't offer any width to the team either and the midfield gets congested when in possession. He rarely gets to the byline to get a cross in, isn't really that good at tackling and is no good in the air.

I feel a bit sorry for him since I think there's still a good player in there somewhere, but he's just not on form at all at the moment and doesn't offer enough to merit a place in the starting line-up.

Keeping the ball is the most important ability at this level and he just isn't doing it well enough.
SWP on 13:56 - Oct 6 with 1924 viewsKRanger

SWP on 13:50 - Oct 6 by Clive_Anderson

Yes yes he tracks back and does a bit of tackling and runs around a lot.

But he is just no good when retaining possession. He doesn't have the skill or vision to create any space, so when he gets the ball he is immediately surrounded by a couple of opposition players and has to run at 100mph just as a desperate attempt to try and keep the ball.

The only time we keep the ball after he gets it is if he gets fouled when running at high speed. Occasionally he manages to prod the ball to a team mate, but it's never a calm measured pass so the player receiving it has no space either when they receive it.

He doesn't offer any width to the team either and the midfield gets congested when in possession. He rarely gets to the byline to get a cross in, isn't really that good at tackling and is no good in the air.

I feel a bit sorry for him since I think there's still a good player in there somewhere, but he's just not on form at all at the moment and doesn't offer enough to merit a place in the starting line-up.

Keeping the ball is the most important ability at this level and he just isn't doing it well enough.

I couldn't agree more
SWP on 16:06 - Oct 6 with 1837 viewsklr

SWP on 13:56 - Oct 6 by KRanger

I couldn't agree more

Dont start me up on Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jesus Christ.

I genuinely cant remember a player in all my years of following Rangers that provokes more ire & ill feeling deep within me.

Latest rumour I've heard is he's on £70 grand a week, you couldnt make it up.
SWP on 11:45 - Oct 7 with 1738 viewsTacticalR

There was a moment in the second half when Taarabt played a pass through the West Brom defence out to SWP on the right, who had time and space to make a decision what to do with the ball.

Not only did he make a awful decision to shoot from an impossible angle, but he couldn't even carry out the awful decision he'd made as he didn't even get his shot on target!

Air hostess clique

SWP on 11:50 - Oct 7 with 1727 viewsClive_Anderson

SWP on 11:45 - Oct 7 by TacticalR

There was a moment in the second half when Taarabt played a pass through the West Brom defence out to SWP on the right, who had time and space to make a decision what to do with the ball.

Not only did he make a awful decision to shoot from an impossible angle, but he couldn't even carry out the awful decision he'd made as he didn't even get his shot on target!

By that time he'd already mis-controlled the ball so he was forced a lot wider than he should have been.

I actually think he probably made the right decision to shoot since he doesn't seem to have the skill and balance to stop the ball when moving quickly forward and then check back inside a defender.

There seems to be an invisible cone in front of him of about 45 degrees that he can do stuff in, but anything outside those limits is impossible.
SWP on 12:30 - Oct 7 with 1693 viewssevenhoop

SWP on 18:13 - Oct 5 by Mattnme

He works hard when he hasn't got the ball which is why Hughes picks him. Unfortunately he's sh1t when he's got it.

SWP on 12:41 - Oct 7 with 1671 viewsTearsOfaClown

SWP on 16:06 - Oct 6 by klr

Dont start me up on Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jesus Christ.

I genuinely cant remember a player in all my years of following Rangers that provokes more ire & ill feeling deep within me.

Latest rumour I've heard is he's on £70 grand a week, you couldnt make it up.

Perhaps SWP thinks he is a ghost and can run through the body of a defender.

I have 50 years of watching Rz and never seen anyone run into players like him,head down with no particular goal in mind.

Mind you he always puts in a shift,covered every blade of grass - but so does the groundsman!!!!
SWP on 12:47 - Oct 7 with 1660 viewsdaveB

SWP on 12:41 - Oct 7 by TearsOfaClown

Perhaps SWP thinks he is a ghost and can run through the body of a defender.

I have 50 years of watching Rz and never seen anyone run into players like him,head down with no particular goal in mind.

Mind you he always puts in a shift,covered every blade of grass - but so does the groundsman!!!!

To be fair Mackie and hoilett were no better when they came on
SWP on 12:56 - Oct 7 with 1652 viewsClive_Anderson

SWP on 12:47 - Oct 7 by daveB

Mackie was half decent when he came on. He harried, tackled, won 50/50s, passed and retained possession a few times when it looked like a lost cause.

SWP did none of those things.
SWP on 13:00 - Oct 7 with 1643 viewshoopstar67

SWP on 12:47 - Oct 7 by daveB

To be honest i would have liked Cisse to have come on considering we needed a goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024