Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
in the arsenal end yesterday 10:53 - Oct 28 with 2471 viewsJB1982

friend of mine had a spare ticket, so sat in with the arsenal fans. made me realise a couple of things:

- there is no atmosphere at Arsenal. Fans barely sang/supported
- every club has idiots who scream at their fans (guy behind me shouted at ramsay throughout the game - "you're rubbish", "get off", "he's done nothing except hit the bar"
- QPR support is excellent. All i could were the R's chants and songs. Wish I was there.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 11:37 - Oct 28 with 2351 viewslondonscottish

Where were you sitting? I got a ticket in the lower tier in the corner of the West and North stands (I think). Anyway, diagonally opposite the Rangers fans.

Where I was everyone stood for the entire game and there was some reasonable singing and banter and a lot of fans who knew their stuff. It was better that when I've previously sat in the upper tiers. But there were a lot of tourists sprinkled in amongst the regulars (like me, peering at their borrowed season tickets, trying to look like they knew what they were doing but failing to spot the tiny seat numbers at the bottom of the seats).

Having said that 2000 Rangers fans made more noise than most of the 55,000 Gooners for long periods. 10/10.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

in the arsenal end yesterday on 11:51 - Oct 28 with 2315 viewssmegma

55,000 divs singing to the ref 'you don't know what you're doing' when he had no choice tbut o book Giroud for deliberatly taking Traore out as he marauded down the wing. Then the same 55,000 divs booing Traore while he received treatment for the Giroud foul. He was play acting so much he couldn't play on and was subbed.

They get an offside goal .No complaints then.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 12:19 - Oct 28 with 2260 viewsactonman

have to say i thought that was the most sterile non atmospheric (sp) stadiums i have ever been to. tourist attraction like, a bit like the bridge these days.
full of jcl and gloryhunters who know fook all about the ups and many downs of supporting a football team! (oh no, its the end of the world because we havnt won a cup for 5 / 6 years)

anyway, nice ground but sat right at the front and the view was sh!te if you wanted to know what was going on up the other end!

wont comment on the game as there are enough stupid threads and opinions posted allready.

oh , and i thought our support was poor on the whole, but then again there wasnt alot going on to shout about.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 12:44 - Oct 28 with 2201 viewsrsonist

Ramsay is not exactly great for them to be fair. We might think they exaggerate but most would probably (and wrongly) say the same about us and SWP or Park.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 17:53 - Oct 28 with 1969 viewsGloryHunter

It's a new stadium, but it's not that good. All of us at the rear of Block 20 had to stand up for the whole game because the Arse fans to our right stood up, and about 50 stewards made absolutely no effort to make them sit down. I would actually prefer to stand up at footy, but I don't want to pay 35 quid for a seat and be forced to stand in front of it.

And the catering facilities are rubbish - no chance of getting a beer at half time.

And it takes about 45 minutes to get to either Arsenal or Finsbury Park tube stations afterwards. I know they get a bigger crowd than us, but Loftus Rd is much easier to get in and out of. I used to quite like going to Highbury, but the Emirates is $hite.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 18:11 - Oct 28 with 1912 viewsthemodfather

in the arsenal end yesterday on 17:53 - Oct 28 by GloryHunter

It's a new stadium, but it's not that good. All of us at the rear of Block 20 had to stand up for the whole game because the Arse fans to our right stood up, and about 50 stewards made absolutely no effort to make them sit down. I would actually prefer to stand up at footy, but I don't want to pay 35 quid for a seat and be forced to stand in front of it.

And the catering facilities are rubbish - no chance of getting a beer at half time.

And it takes about 45 minutes to get to either Arsenal or Finsbury Park tube stations afterwards. I know they get a bigger crowd than us, but Loftus Rd is much easier to get in and out of. I used to quite like going to Highbury, but the Emirates is $hite.

er. QPR SOLD 3,000 tickets
it was not the raucous atmosphere we used to have...most only to happy to sit.
modern football sucks.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 20:29 - Oct 28 with 1738 viewsNoDiddley

in the arsenal end yesterday on 18:11 - Oct 28 by themodfather

modern football sucks.

I thought the allocation was 1,400 that's why I couldn't not get one!
in the arsenal end yesterday on 20:46 - Oct 28 with 1683 viewsstowmarketrange

We were right at the back in row 28 in section 22,and we stood for the whole game.Last year,we were right next to the arsenal fans in section 20 and were made to sit for the entire 90 mins.
I know what I preferrred to do.I wish there were some way we could organise ourselves into having the people who want to remain seated allowed to go to the front rows,and the rest being allowed to stand up.
Login to get fewer ads

in the arsenal end yesterday on 20:56 - Oct 28 with 1647 viewsJB1982

in the arsenal end yesterday on 11:37 - Oct 28 by londonscottish

Where were you sitting? I got a ticket in the lower tier in the corner of the West and North stands (I think). Anyway, diagonally opposite the Rangers fans.

Where I was everyone stood for the entire game and there was some reasonable singing and banter and a lot of fans who knew their stuff. It was better that when I've previously sat in the upper tiers. But there were a lot of tourists sprinkled in amongst the regulars (like me, peering at their borrowed season tickets, trying to look like they knew what they were doing but failing to spot the tiny seat numbers at the bottom of the seats).

Having said that 2000 Rangers fans made more noise than most of the 55,000 Gooners for long periods. 10/10.

Was sat upper tier, just above and to the left of the Rs fans.

If we do ever get a new stadium, and become a "big" club, I hope we keep our identity and find a way to keep the vocal fans together..
in the arsenal end yesterday on 06:55 - Oct 29 with 1438 viewsWesty75

in the arsenal end yesterday on 20:56 - Oct 28 by JB1982

Was sat upper tier, just above and to the left of the Rs fans.

If we do ever get a new stadium, and become a "big" club, I hope we keep our identity and find a way to keep the vocal fans together..

I know a lot of people, me included, have taken the piss out of fulham for having a neutral area, but i'm increasingly of the view that if we did move then theres a real risk of tourists diluting the regular support. If a neutral area means the tourists mainly stay in one section then I reckon it's actually a good idea.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 08:21 - Oct 29 with 1368 views1MoreBrightonR

in the arsenal end yesterday on 20:46 - Oct 28 by stowmarketrange

We were right at the back in row 28 in section 22,and we stood for the whole game.Last year,we were right next to the arsenal fans in section 20 and were made to sit for the entire 90 mins.
I know what I preferrred to do.I wish there were some way we could organise ourselves into having the people who want to remain seated allowed to go to the front rows,and the rest being allowed to stand up.

At Brighton's new ground, home fans can buy a 'standing' season ticket. The back three rows of the stand behind the goal are allocated to people who want to stand all game and although you have an assigned seat and can't wander around freely, it means those that want to stand all game can without getting in any ones way. its an interesting idea.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 08:45 - Oct 29 with 1331 viewsCharlie1

in the arsenal end yesterday on 06:55 - Oct 29 by Westy75

I know a lot of people, me included, have taken the piss out of fulham for having a neutral area, but i'm increasingly of the view that if we did move then theres a real risk of tourists diluting the regular support. If a neutral area means the tourists mainly stay in one section then I reckon it's actually a good idea.

Already happening

Re Brighton; good idea that

2:59 baby!

in the arsenal end yesterday on 10:21 - Oct 29 with 1238 viewsrobith

I was in the club level as one of my agencies at work offered to take me . Defeat is easier to take when you haven't paid and you have two guys there whose sole purpose is to pile you with free booze.

Some of the stuff I heard there defied belief though. 0-0 at half time the crowd gave their charges their traditional little boo. A guy in front of me in the queue to get back to the bar said "Unbelievable. Our fans don't know they're born. There are more important things than performance. Like money".
in the arsenal end yesterday on 11:17 - Oct 29 with 1183 viewsstowmarketrange

in the arsenal end yesterday on 08:21 - Oct 29 by 1MoreBrightonR

At Brighton's new ground, home fans can buy a 'standing' season ticket. The back three rows of the stand behind the goal are allocated to people who want to stand all game and although you have an assigned seat and can't wander around freely, it means those that want to stand all game can without getting in any ones way. its an interesting idea.

I was thinking more of away games than the homes ones.
At places like Spurs and West Brom a few were standing throughout the game.I wish I had been amongst them as it is harder to generate any atmosphere sitting down.
in the arsenal end yesterday on 11:33 - Oct 29 with 1156 viewsBlackCrowe

in the arsenal end yesterday on 18:11 - Oct 28 by themodfather

modern football sucks.

Don't get me wrong, I like standing but unfortunately young Crowe simply can't see the game when people in front are standing. This was the case on Saturday and it's almost not worth him going (stewards told him not to stand on seat). Didn't matter in the days of terracing because us youngsters just went down the front or in the seated areas where noone stood.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

in the arsenal end yesterday on 13:28 - Oct 29 with 1084 viewsQPunkR

Where I was the stewards kept walking up and down trying to get people to sit down. As soon as he left I kept standing up again along with a few others. At one point he came and stood right in front of me til I told him to sit down as I couldn't see the action.

He said he didn't care

I thought the catering facilities were excellent in the away end, about 12 different kiosks. It was the toilets that were a total shambles. Only one entrance, which was also the exit, for 3,000 people who're all going to be going to the bogs at the same time? Who's idea was that! I nearly pi$$ed myself queuing to get in

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024