Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train to Newcastle 22:28 - Nov 1 with 1971 viewspompeyhoop

Sorry if this has already been asked but just booked my hotel room and was thinking if getting the train from Kings Cross on the Friday afternoon return Sunday and cheapest I can see is £96, I don't use trains often so any good sites or help would be very very helpful

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Train to Newcastle on 22:32 - Nov 1 with 1963 viewsdaveB

that sounds right, i tried on monday again and they were 91 quid, cheap ones went ages ago
Train to Newcastle on 00:25 - Nov 2 with 1942 viewsQPR442

Got my flights a few weeks back for £99 and hotel for £30. I was a bit worried that Sky might have moved it but took the chance.
Train to Newcastle on 02:13 - Nov 2 with 1928 viewsSonofNorfolt

Pompey, assuming that's where you are from, why didn't you Flybe from Southampton to Newcastle?
Train to Newcastle on 04:23 - Nov 2 with 1913 viewsstowmarketrange

Have you tried Eastcoast? Or maybe split your journey in half and see if its cheaper that way.
Just looked at their website and a single to york leaving Kings cross at 07.08 on the Friday is £13.The return fare from York to Newcastle is £14 on selected trains.Your single from York to Kings cross on the Sunday is £21.
So that works out at £46 return.Plus you get time to spend discovering York.
You can have a look for yourself and mix and match train times,but that is the cheapest I found.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Train to Newcastle on 08:56 - Nov 2 with 1854 viewsYorkRanger

Train to Newcastle on 04:23 - Nov 2 by stowmarketrange

Have you tried Eastcoast? Or maybe split your journey in half and see if its cheaper that way.
Just looked at their website and a single to york leaving Kings cross at 07.08 on the Friday is £13.The return fare from York to Newcastle is £14 on selected trains.Your single from York to Kings cross on the Sunday is £21.
So that works out at £46 return.Plus you get time to spend discovering York.
You can have a look for yourself and mix and match train times,but that is the cheapest I found.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If you like real ale and have an hour or two to kill in York, then the York Tap at the station is worth a visit.
Train to Newcastle on 10:03 - Nov 2 with 1834 viewsderbyhoop

Try www.splityourticket.co.uk

You may find that you can break your journey into 2 or 3 parts and get it cheaper. And you won't even have to get off the train.

As an example going from Derby to Reading, I went Derby-Brimingham, Birmingham-Banbury, Banbury-Reading. It cost less than half the Derby-Reading fare.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Train to Newcastle on 11:04 - Nov 2 with 1800 viewsstowmarketrange

Train to Newcastle on 08:56 - Nov 2 by YorkRanger

If you like real ale and have an hour or two to kill in York, then the York Tap at the station is worth a visit.

There are some great pubs in York and some fantastic sights to see.also the return fare is £48 not £46.
If you want to leave at a reasonable time during the day it goes up to £58.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024