Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance 21:41 - Dec 10 with 4491 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Pick from a list any of the following well cited reasons: (a) Terrible Commercial department at the club (b) Failing to do any work in building the fanbase during the Hilly goodtimes (c) Xmas shopping (d) Disillusionment with the fanbase following relegation (e) Doubledip recession etc etc ...

BUT in no way is Coleman responsible for 1,700 fans at home. Attendances have been lower and falling all year, but they always fall in the run up to Christmas (unless we've built a Cup run - good luck to anyone that tries to remember one of those!)
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:43 - Dec 10 with 3644 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

The only cup run's still alive are our high flying Youth Team

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:45 - Dec 10 with 3614 viewsD_Alien

The reasons you quote for poor gates at this time of year are all valid, and yet there are many posters on here who quite openly state they didn't turn up due to the quality of football on offer at Dale home games under Coleman.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:48 - Dec 10 with 3595 viewswindowsbug

Who's brand of football are you watching then?
Was going to say who's brand are we watching, but I nearly forgot that I won't be watching any more.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:51 - Dec 10 with 3573 viewsRalphs12

If we went on a 4 game winning run playing nice tippy tappy football, would you still not come back windowsbug?
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:52 - Dec 10 with 3565 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:48 - Dec 10 by windowsbug

Who's brand of football are you watching then?
Was going to say who's brand are we watching, but I nearly forgot that I won't be watching any more.

What!!

The board have not responded accordingly to your ultimatum. They haven't got a clue have they.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:54 - Dec 10 with 3545 viewsThreeLions

Thats treble dip recession d-u-t
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:56 - Dec 10 with 3542 viewsdale_upon_tyne

For the record, on Saturday I thought we defended awfully, no question, but throughout played attractive passing football! We've watched Dale lump it about in the mud (and sand) in this league for years and we didn't do that.

And the players didn't give up chasing the game which is also something I have seen all too often over the years.

Can't speak for the York game (which I understand was dire).
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:01 - Dec 10 with 3513 viewswindowsbug

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:51 - Dec 10 by Ralphs12

If we went on a 4 game winning run playing nice tippy tappy football, would you still not come back windowsbug?

Not a chance.
Served my apprenticeship, served my time, now going to enjoy my retirement.
Would have liked to see Dale play on all 92 grounds but 75 will have to do.
Login to get fewer ads

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:01 - Dec 10 with 3512 viewsRalphs12

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 21:56 - Dec 10 by dale_upon_tyne

For the record, on Saturday I thought we defended awfully, no question, but throughout played attractive passing football! We've watched Dale lump it about in the mud (and sand) in this league for years and we didn't do that.

And the players didn't give up chasing the game which is also something I have seen all too often over the years.

Can't speak for the York game (which I understand was dire).

You're right, we were much better than vs York. Had we not had a defensive melt down I felt we looked good for the 3 points.
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:09 - Dec 10 with 3483 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:01 - Dec 10 by windowsbug

Not a chance.
Served my apprenticeship, served my time, now going to enjoy my retirement.
Would have liked to see Dale play on all 92 grounds but 75 will have to do.

If that's the case then that's unfortunate. So a massive change in form wouldn't bring you back, but a change in manager will?

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:24 - Dec 10 with 3435 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Just as a final remark before I pop off... My skin is very very thick toward poor football - Steve Eyre's reign is all too fresh in the memory, for example.

But the thing that makes me dread the next home game more than anything else are the moaning supporters that ooze negativity from every pore, and of course the booing. It makes me think I'd rather spend my afternoon anywhere else.

For me, you can stick that with the other reasons in my opening post, I would say for some fans. Would you want to bring your son or daughter to the games with all the booing and moaning going on at the minute? I wouldn't.

The crowds have to be a real concern for our little club and all of us that want success; the Jan transfer window is just around the corner, money is everything and our stadium is getting emptier and emptier.

There's plenty of irony in that for the boo-boys and old bitter men. Not that they will care I am sure.
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:26 - Dec 10 with 3428 viewswindowsbug

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:09 - Dec 10 by BigDaveMyCock

If that's the case then that's unfortunate. So a massive change in form wouldn't bring you back, but a change in manager will?

Not realy sure why..I have just lost the passion.
It wouldn't matter who the manager is I just don't have the desire any more.
Never a fan of Coleman and he wouldn't have been my choice to manage Rochdale.
Wasn't it Coleman who said " be careful what you wish for"

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 09:18 - Dec 11 with 3275 viewsMoonyDale

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:26 - Dec 10 by windowsbug

The easiest way to gauge this is to do a poll on here for those that are staying away or are planning to stay away. Asking for reasons why, take the answers work out the percentages and transpose those across the fan base as a whole and you will get a pretty accurate picture as to why our support is falling away...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 09:23 - Dec 11 with 3265 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 22:26 - Dec 10 by windowsbug

OK, but then why start a thread entitled 'Either Coleman goes or I go'?

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 09:50 - Dec 11 with 3231 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Got to agree Windowsbug,

I am exciled now but still used to go to a lot of the games, home and away.

I think it is a combination of a lot of the points mentioned.

Lack of unity within the club, lack of apparent passion from employees, rising prices, Colemans overall demeanor, "players" coming on here outing what is going on (I think its safe to say N.A. was on here), poor commercial organisation (e.g. fixture list not being done before the season started which I believe was the case).

Could go on and on but I get the impression that the "Scouse Mafia" and jobs for the boys attitude, as well as Colemans media approach and general attitude, are the straw that broke the camals back.

Under Hillcroft a lot of the above points may have been masked by their relationship, generally, which was generally good with the fans, good media handling and success on the field. The fact they also played for us and were considered "Dale" certainly will not have done them any harm.

Not sure where the club should start, but assuming we keep J.C. I know where I would start!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 10:27 - Dec 11 with 3186 viewsrochdale1

My opinion is the OP is wrong... Yes all listed do contribute, but I personally will not be going because I wont waste any more money watching rubbish like that at home.. Yes times are hard but, if coleman wasnt there on saturday I would be... Were never going to have a massive fan base, but turning the ones whom still call rochdale therr team against the club is only going to make things worse
Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 10:50 - Dec 11 with 3148 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 09:50 - Dec 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

Got to agree Windowsbug,

I am exciled now but still used to go to a lot of the games, home and away.

I think it is a combination of a lot of the points mentioned.

Lack of unity within the club, lack of apparent passion from employees, rising prices, Colemans overall demeanor, "players" coming on here outing what is going on (I think its safe to say N.A. was on here), poor commercial organisation (e.g. fixture list not being done before the season started which I believe was the case).

Could go on and on but I get the impression that the "Scouse Mafia" and jobs for the boys attitude, as well as Colemans media approach and general attitude, are the straw that broke the camals back.

Under Hillcroft a lot of the above points may have been masked by their relationship, generally, which was generally good with the fans, good media handling and success on the field. The fact they also played for us and were considered "Dale" certainly will not have done them any harm.

Not sure where the club should start, but assuming we keep J.C. I know where I would start!!!

This is really getting tiresome now.

It's funny but Hill often criticised the perpetual moaners at the club when he was Dale manager and Flitcroft was also often the victim of boo-boys when he was a Dale player. Also, Coleman is adopting the same strategy as Hill at Barnsley, that is, signing players he has previously worked with. Thus, maybe it's a strategy that not just costra-nostra Coleman adopts.

We have absolutely no proof whatsoever that a player is responsible for these so-called leaks, nor that these leaks are indeed correct. Funny, but not one of the players, a single one of them, is disillusioned enough to put in a transfer request!!

If you're not going to go then fine, but stop fooking whinging and dragging the rest of us down who seemed to have a better handle on the situation, which is essentially a football team having a bad run. I have left games early etc but I don't for one minute think it's a doomsday scenario.

P.S Claiming that you came with the deeds in 1908 is not an argument.

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 10:56 - Dec 11 with 3135 viewsjudd

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 10:50 - Dec 11 by BigDaveMyCock

It's funny but Hill often criticised the perpetual moaners at the club when he was Dale manager and Flitcroft was also often the victim of boo-boys when he was a Dale player. Also, Coleman is adopting the same strategy as Hill at Barnsley, that is, signing players he has previously worked with. Thus, maybe it's a strategy that not just costra-nostra Coleman adopts.

We have absolutely no proof whatsoever that a player is responsible for these so-called leaks, nor that these leaks are indeed correct. Funny, but not one of the players, a single one of them, is disillusioned enough to put in a transfer request!!

If you're not going to go then fine, but stop fooking whinging and dragging the rest of us down who seemed to have a better handle on the situation, which is essentially a football team having a bad run. I have left games early etc but I don't for one minute think it's a doomsday scenario.

1907, you fookin' interloper.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:02 - Dec 11 with 3120 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 10:56 - Dec 11 by judd

1907, you fookin' interloper.

Yeah, but it must of taken them a while to build the stadium and get all the contracts drawn up. Factored that in.

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:03 - Dec 11 with 3116 viewsjudd

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:02 - Dec 11 by BigDaveMyCock

Yeah, but it must of taken them a while to build the stadium and get all the contracts drawn up. Factored that in.

YOU'RE MAKING IT UP AS YOU STUMBLE ALONG.

You're Mighty Scouse, admit it.

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:04 - Dec 11 with 3115 viewsfitzochris

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 10:50 - Dec 11 by BigDaveMyCock

Difficult to argue with that on the surface.

All I'll add is that I've no issue with JC being the club's manager at this current time on the proviso that a lot of the stuff being alleged is false. As there's no proof, I'm assuming it is and so I'm carrying on as normal.

However, I'll still criticise him and players when they come out with ludicrous claims, such as 'we were better than Exeter on Saturday'. Or JC for saying the fans don't like him because he hails from Liverpool.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:07 - Dec 11 with 3112 viewsjudd

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:04 - Dec 11 by fitzochris

All I'll add is that I've no issue with JC being the club's manager at this current time on the proviso that a lot of the stuff being alleged is false. As there's no proof, I'm assuming it is and so I'm carrying on as normal.

However, I'll still criticise him and players when they come out with ludicrous claims, such as 'we were better than Exeter on Saturday'. Or JC for saying the fans don't like him because he hails from Liverpool.

And I want to know how you get a fookin' en-suite bookmaker as part of your renumeration.

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:09 - Dec 11 with 3108 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:03 - Dec 11 by judd

YOU'RE MAKING IT UP AS YOU STUMBLE ALONG.

You're Mighty Scouse, admit it.

All I'll say is this.

John Coleman attracts bears.

Bears Judd, bears.

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:14 - Dec 11 with 3098 viewsjudd

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:09 - Dec 11 by BigDaveMyCock

All I'll say is this.

John Coleman attracts bears.

Bears Judd, bears.

Well that's me fookin' slapped down then.

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:20 - Dec 11 with 3090 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coleman is not responsible for Saturday's poor attendance on 11:04 - Dec 11 by fitzochris

Fair points.

As regards your last point, maybe Coleman is getting at Thacks_rabbit reference to a 'scouse mafia'. It's a mafia that doesn't include Gary Jones, Steven Darby, Ashley Grimes and Stephen Jordan (nearly Warrington).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024