Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your changes 18:48 - Dec 16 with 6245 viewsRalphs12

If you had to change the formation and starting line up what would you do? As a further point what do we need in Jan?

for me

Lillis
Rafferty Bennett Pdot Kmac
Tutte JK
Putterill Grant
Grimes
Gornell

Obviously thats if we had Terry G long term.

Fecking hell, spent ages lining up the formation and its gone in a straight fecking line!! 4 4 2 with grimes just behind TG
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
You're changes on 19:45 - Dec 16 with 1711 viewsColDale

You're changes on 19:44 - Dec 16 by judd

Didn't say the choice of opposition was correct, just that if a game is to replace a training session then all players should take part.

I agree
You're changes on 19:46 - Dec 16 with 1692 viewsjudd

You're changes on 19:45 - Dec 16 by ColDale

I agree

Correct

Poll: What is it to be then?

You're changes on 20:07 - Dec 16 with 1677 viewsMHall963

Lillis
Rafferty / ....... / Bennett / Mcintyre
P.Edwards / Kennedy
Grant / Tutte / Putterill
Grimes

This would be my team. Either a new experienced cb or give byrne a try.
You're changes on 21:07 - Dec 16 with 1644 viewsWill_RAFC

If I was picking the team for Friday I would go with this.

Smith

Rafferty, Bennett, R. Edwards, McIntyre

Putterill, Kennedy, Tutte, Grant

Grimes, Donnelly

Obviously long term you'd have Gornell/AN other in place of Donnelly. You'd want Grant upfront but with the total lack of personal I'd play him out wide for now. I'd be looking at some wide players and an experienced centre half as a matter of urgency in January. Also I'd expect Lillis to reclaim his place as he is good enough but his confidence looks totally shot at the moment. A new left back if available too - individual errors apart, Mcintyre is always miles out of position on the goals we conceed, though maybe that is partly down to the full backs being totally exposed with no one infront of them. The reasoning people give for Cavanagh playing, that he protects the defence, is counter productive given that a) he doesn't, and b) there's no way you can drop Kennedy or Tutte, so your forcing yourself to play a midfield 3, which ironically, is doing nothing to protect the defence out wide.
You're changes on 21:30 - Dec 16 with 1629 viewsstuartcryer

would have judd at full back better than anything we have had this season

wardle blue

You're changes on 22:06 - Dec 16 with 1609 viewssykeboy

You're changes on 19:26 - Dec 16 by SteTsGoldenBoot

For what it worth

Smith
Pearson -- R Edwards - Bennet -- KMc (To be replaced in Jan)

Raffety == Tutte ---- JK == Gornell
Grimes (Matt Done role)

Grant

Gornell and Raff to give cover to the Full Backs when we dont have the ball and stopping them being exposed as they are currently, but then to break through Grimes and Grant with Gornell and Raff/Tutte taking it in turns to support with the other offering defensive protection.

I know its a game of opinions,but how anybody can pick pearson at full back amazes me,he gets worse each game I see
You're changes on 23:34 - Dec 16 with 1575 viewsRalphs12

You're changes on 22:06 - Dec 16 by sykeboy

I know its a game of opinions,but how anybody can pick pearson at full back amazes me,he gets worse each game I see

I could be wrong but I think Pearson has played more centrally before coming to dale and I think that could be the same for rafferty. That obviously begs the question why we signed them as full backs...
Your changes on 02:06 - Dec 17 with 1546 viewsrochdale1987

I'd play a simple 4-4-2, attack minded from the start, i believe the team below could win the game, Coleman will see it differently but hopefully he knows that another heavy defeat could spell the end for him, maybe he will try something different.

GK: Smith

DR: Rafferty
DC: Pearson
DC: Bennett
DL: McIntyre

MR: Donnelly (Good at running with the ball/beating a man, just cant finish.)
MC: Tutte
MC: Kennedy
ML: Putterill

ST: Adebola
ST: Grimes
Login to get fewer ads

You're changes on 07:01 - Dec 17 with 1528 viewsTalkingSutty

You're changes on 22:06 - Dec 16 by sykeboy

I dont think it matters who you pick or in what formation, its obvious to me that quite a lot of the players just arent good enough. They dont even look as though they enjoy playing football and i suspect thats down to not only the people in charge but also the players who Coleman insists on surrounding himself with.

If you have no Accrington/scouse connection, such as Kennedy, it must be quite a isolated environment to be around. Even the fans feel isolated !!
Your changes on 09:01 - Dec 17 with 1497 viewsDaley_Lama

Lillis

P Edwards - Bennett R Edwards BBM
Rafferty - Tutte - JK - Putteril
Grant - Grimes

Poll: DF in or out

Your changes on 09:04 - Dec 17 with 1491 viewsSFD

Your changes on 09:01 - Dec 17 by Daley_Lama

Lillis

P Edwards - Bennett R Edwards BBM
Rafferty - Tutte - JK - Putteril
Grant - Grimes

For what its worth and forgetting the notion of wide players as we dont have any worth a toss :-

Lillis
Minihan P Edwards Bennett Mcintyre

Tutte Allen Kennedy

Grimes

Grant Logan
Your changes on 09:16 - Dec 17 with 1482 viewsirisaln

Has anyone thought of playing Bennett in the
centre of midfield and building the team around him.

Remember his foreward runs and of course that goal!!!

Just a thought.
Your changes on 13:18 - Dec 17 with 1424 viewsNinco

One thing that's clear from this thread is that everyone has different opinions about who we should play and how we should play. Surely then if they replace Coleman with another manager, there would still be a lot of unhappy people as he can't please everyone on here with so many different opinions. Just makes you realise how difficult a job being a football manager is when you've always got a section of fans disagreeing with you regardless of what you do.
You're changes on 13:30 - Dec 17 with 1412 viewsYorkshire_Dale

You're changes on 19:29 - Dec 16 by SalwaDale

Yep, Coleman's interview said that was when he got injured.

Coleman's a clown for playing Grant and leaving him open to a knock in a Friendly specially when, as noted, we had other players in need of a game !

Does he know for instance that BBM is still on the payroll at San Spotty?
Your changes on 13:34 - Dec 17 with 1407 viewsColDale

Your changes on 13:18 - Dec 17 by Ninco

One thing that's clear from this thread is that everyone has different opinions about who we should play and how we should play. Surely then if they replace Coleman with another manager, there would still be a lot of unhappy people as he can't please everyone on here with so many different opinions. Just makes you realise how difficult a job being a football manager is when you've always got a section of fans disagreeing with you regardless of what you do.

I think part of that problem comes down to us not having the players at the club to play 4-4-2 and if truth be told, we don't really have the players to play the 4-3-3 formation that is preferred. We play the latter with forwards in the wide positions assuming they can do a job. For me, with the 4-3-3 we need people who are equally competent up front as they are out wide. COG and JLAA had showed they can perform this role, whilst the likes of Grimes and Donnelly are out of position in this role, and whilst Grant can play this way, he's the one we should be wanting up top as our main goal threat. Wouldn't be surprised to see a move for Kallum Higginbotham in January.
Your changes on 14:10 - Dec 17 with 1252 viewsashes

One word for me. Wingers!
Your changes on 19:27 - Dec 17 with 1199 viewsShun

Your changes on 13:34 - Dec 17 by ColDale

I think part of that problem comes down to us not having the players at the club to play 4-4-2 and if truth be told, we don't really have the players to play the 4-3-3 formation that is preferred. We play the latter with forwards in the wide positions assuming they can do a job. For me, with the 4-3-3 we need people who are equally competent up front as they are out wide. COG and JLAA had showed they can perform this role, whilst the likes of Grimes and Donnelly are out of position in this role, and whilst Grant can play this way, he's the one we should be wanting up top as our main goal threat. Wouldn't be surprised to see a move for Kallum Higginbotham in January.

I'd love to see Higginbotham back.
Your changes on 23:09 - Dec 17 with 1175 viewsrich_dale

With what we have now:

Smith

Rafferty R Edwards Bennett McIntyre

JK BBM

Gornell/Grimes Tutte Grant

Adebola

In January:
New GK

Rafferty Bennett New CB McIntyre

New RM JK Tutte Grant

Gornell/Grimes Adebola

Your changes on 23:30 - Dec 17 with 1166 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Your changes on 23:09 - Dec 17 by rich_dale

With what we have now:

Smith

Rafferty R Edwards Bennett McIntyre

JK BBM

Gornell/Grimes Tutte Grant

Adebola

In January:
New GK

Rafferty Bennett New CB McIntyre

New RM JK Tutte Grant

Gornell/Grimes Adebola

Welch

Thacks_Rabbits Reevsie Dawson Kennedy

Stuart Jones Paddy

Will B Holty Ricky L

God we have had some good players - well up front at least - G.M. Alf and Paul Butler cant get a place!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024