Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crouch for Mackie 15:07 - Jan 29 with 11453 viewsTHEBUSH

On BBC, HR has offered Stoke, Jamie Mackie for Peter Crouch ?
Crouch for Mackie on 15:47 - Jan 29 with 2137 viewscorse

interesting.
i like mackie cause he gives 110% but what annoys me is that he is not a very good player. and constantly loses the ball while trying to get thru two opposite players when a pass would have been a better choice.
cannot see him scoring many goals the rest of the season.
crouch then.... he is a proven goal scorer and a good forward but needs service. and we do lack it cause our midfield is quite poor. only taarabt and mbia doing their jobs.
tricky but i ll take crouch.
Crouch for Mackie on 15:48 - Jan 29 with 2129 viewsMkPaul

Can't believe this for a second, but what a bit of business if true. Even if crouch is now only seen to be worth £5 m that means Mackie is being seen as worth £1 m ... That is a hell of a lot for no skill just effort ... I would suggest if we are getting circa £1m for Mackie someone is doing a great job and maybe someone at the club knows more about football than I see them getting credit for on here
Crouch for Mackie on 15:51 - Jan 29 with 2115 viewsBklynRanger

Crouch for Mackie on 15:32 - Jan 29 by HanwellHoop

I love Jamie, gives his all, all the time. Scored some graet goals for us and seems like a proper decent bloke

Still would do this deal though. Crouch would work hard too and probably score a few more.

That's about how I feel too. It would be a big gamble to loose Jamie but Crouch is one of the few players who could make that difference.
Crouch for Mackie on 16:02 - Jan 29 with 2064 viewshoof_hearted

Crouch for Mackie on 15:51 - Jan 29 by BklynRanger

That's about how I feel too. It would be a big gamble to loose Jamie but Crouch is one of the few players who could make that difference.

+1 Love Mackie but love Crouchie even more.

Abi in the directors box won't do any harm for morale either.
Crouch for Mackie on 16:02 - Jan 29 with 2056 viewsGloucs_R

Odemwingie won't come if we get crouch IMO.

Hoillet , park, swp, etc can all play on the right

Poll: Are we staying up?

Crouch for Mackie on 16:04 - Jan 29 with 2055 viewsClive_Anderson

Mackie would be good if we go down and for the next couple of seasons. Can't see Crouch wanting to play in the second tier to be honest.

Also over 30 and with very little sell-on value, isn't this what we've been complaining about? And getting rid of one of our better young players in the process.

Not for me thanks even though I like Crouch.
Crouch for Mackie on 16:05 - Jan 29 with 2048 viewsdaveB

So we sign Crouch and for the second time at QPR he comes to a side with no wingers. Genius

We've signed Remy to play up front but now want him on the wing, where he looked dreadful last week. Hurry up and shut this window
Crouch for Mackie on 16:07 - Jan 29 with 2034 viewsdaveB

Crouch for Mackie on 16:02 - Jan 29 by Gloucs_R

Those 3 have been impressive this season so i can see why we'd want them over mackie
Login to get fewer ads

Crouch for Mackie on 16:08 - Jan 29 with 2031 viewsbeeeater

Crouch for Mackie on 16:04 - Jan 29 by Clive_Anderson

Mackie would be good if we go down and for the next couple of seasons. Can't see Crouch wanting to play in the second tier to be honest.

Also over 30 and with very little sell-on value, isn't this what we've been complaining about? And getting rid of one of our better young players in the process.

Spot on post. It's almost Hughes like in its madness. When will we learn.
Crouch for Mackie on 16:12 - Jan 29 with 2017 viewshoof_hearted

The idea is to stay up, though. Planning for next season takes place in the summer.
Crouch for Mackie on 16:15 - Jan 29 with 1996 viewsTHEBUSH

Crouch for Mackie on 16:04 - Jan 29 by Clive_Anderson

Redknapp is trying to save us from the drop and he's not worried about next season.
I honestly don't know what we should do, plan for next season in the Championship or go for it and try and save ourselves in the Premiership ?
Crouch for Mackie on 16:16 - Jan 29 with 1992 viewstoboboly

Crouch for Mackie on 16:07 - Jan 29 by daveB

Those 3 have been impressive this season so i can see why we'd want them over mackie

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Crouch for Mackie on 16:16 - Jan 29 with 1990 viewsBrazilNutR

Crouch for Mackie on 16:12 - Jan 29 by hoof_hearted

The idea is to stay up, though. Planning for next season takes place in the summer.

Am a huge fan of Crouch, so would bit your hand off if offered this deal..

Although, I don't not like Mackie..think he is better than many give him credit for, and is an all energy player which is important for the team..

Crouch for Mackie on 16:19 - Jan 29 with 1977 viewsdaveB

Crouch for Mackie on 16:15 - Jan 29 by THEBUSH

Redknapp is trying to save us from the drop and he's not worried about next season.
I honestly don't know what we should do, plan for next season in the Championship or go for it and try and save ourselves in the Premiership ?

we could always do both, make sensible signings with a team structure in mind who will be able to play for us next season as well
Crouch for Mackie on 16:20 - Jan 29 with 1976 viewsfakekerby

Crouch for Mackie on 15:20 - Jan 29 by daveB

who's going to play on the right wing?

I'll be gutted if mackie goes, the kind of character we need at the club imo

It'll be a three pronged attack of Remy - Crouch - Odemwingie IMO.

We don't need two grafter-type wingers, and nobody is going to take SWP away so of the two, the only one we stand a chance of selling/swapping is Mackie.

I don't want to lose Mackie, but I do want us to stay up and Crouch would do more than that cause than him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Crouch for Mackie on 16:22 - Jan 29 with 1799 viewsShotKneesHoop

Crouch for Mackie on 16:02 - Jan 29 by Gloucs_R

No, none of them can.

Unless you mean the right of Ocean Billys.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Crouch for Mackie on 16:30 - Jan 29 with 1779 viewsdaveB

Crouch for Mackie on 16:20 - Jan 29 by fakekerby

It'll be a three pronged attack of Remy - Crouch - Odemwingie IMO.

We don't need two grafter-type wingers, and nobody is going to take SWP away so of the two, the only one we stand a chance of selling/swapping is Mackie.

I don't want to lose Mackie, but I do want us to stay up and Crouch would do more than that cause than him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

None of them are going to put in a cross or track back when we are under the cosh, also means Taarabt will be dropped. Makes no sense to me. Looks like a signing for the sake of it. We've signed Remy to play up front so play him up front not out wide
Crouch for Mackie on 16:32 - Jan 29 with 1773 viewsWinchestR

So Harry's going to go from wanting 11 Jamie Mackies in his side to having no Jamie Mackies in his side?
Crouch for Mackie on 16:35 - Jan 29 with 1746 viewsJamie

Crouch for Mackie on 16:30 - Jan 29 by daveB

None of them are going to put in a cross or track back when we are under the cosh, also means Taarabt will be dropped. Makes no sense to me. Looks like a signing for the sake of it. We've signed Remy to play up front so play him up front not out wide

The major thing we lack is movement up top. Remy & Odemwingie will ask questions of defences and Crouch is a top target for hem to aim at and play off.

Taarabt can drop back in with Mbia & Livermore/Derry.
Crouch for Mackie on 16:37 - Jan 29 with 1736 viewsClive_Anderson

Crouch for Mackie on 16:32 - Jan 29 by WinchestR

So Harry's going to go from wanting 11 Jamie Mackies in his side to having no Jamie Mackies in his side?

No Jamie Mackies
There's only no Jamie Mackies
No Jamie Mackies
There's only no Jamie Mackies

etc.
Crouch for Mackie on 16:38 - Jan 29 with 1732 viewsfakekerby

Crouch for Mackie on 16:30 - Jan 29 by daveB

I'm more than happy to see what Zamora can do personally, but I do really rate Crouch and if we can sign him i'd like it to happen as we need goals right now. Mackie wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list to go but for me he still fails to substantially impact games from the start more often than not.
Crouch for Mackie on 16:45 - Jan 29 with 1701 viewsdaveB

Crouch for Mackie on 16:35 - Jan 29 by Jamie

The major thing we lack is movement up top. Remy & Odemwingie will ask questions of defences and Crouch is a top target for hem to aim at and play off.

Taarabt can drop back in with Mbia & Livermore/Derry.

so we have to sign Odemwingie as well, another in his 30's for a few million and then have 3 players wanting to play the same positon, 4 if you add Zamora in and no width to create anything.

This is all starting to look like Mark Hughes again, signing names rather than players we need.
Crouch for Mackie on 17:38 - Jan 29 with 1617 viewsbaz_qpr

Deal for me too, Mackie for all his heart and effort, rarely effects the outcome of a match. Crouchy if fit will do, and is a great foil for Taarabt or Remi and is a good buy for if we go down.

Gives the option to play 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 as can play the lone striker role
Crouch for Mackie on 17:40 - Jan 29 with 1611 viewsbaz_qpr

Crouch for Mackie on 16:45 - Jan 29 by daveB

so we have to sign Odemwingie as well, another in his 30's for a few million and then have 3 players wanting to play the same positon, 4 if you add Zamora in and no width to create anything.

This is all starting to look like Mark Hughes again, signing names rather than players we need.

If there is one player that we need and have needed since promotion its Crouch. Know you've never been a fan Dave I remember the "debates" when he was a kid still a massive step up on anything we have and will play with heart.
Crouch for Mackie on 17:47 - Jan 29 with 1582 viewsgobbles

That would be a great move. Crouchie was the only player who gave a shit when we went down to division three.
I like Mackie, especially as an impact sub, but Crouch is different league
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024