Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phone advice. 16:38 - Jun 23 with 3711 viewsjimmysun

Samsung S4 or I Phone 5
Phone advice. on 17:03 - Jun 23 with 3114 viewsswitchingcode

I have iPhone 4S waiting for iphone 6 hope it will have a screen the size of the samsung which imho is a far better phone but have Apple Mac and been with iphone since the start and can't be bothered to muck about.Go for samsung
Phone advice. on 17:24 - Jun 23 with 3085 viewsEsgaroth

The debate will rage but if you take the fanboy element out of the equation there is only one winner between the two phones.

The Galaxy beats the Iphone in almost every department with the exception of the material used to make it.

Not an Apple hater i may add, just stating the facts

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Phone advice. on 17:54 - Jun 23 with 3056 viewsmrmonkey

Whilst they sponsor the scum would never buy anything made by samsung
Phone advice. on 18:47 - Jun 23 with 2966 viewsrobith

I'm going with the HTC One - it's been getting rave reviews
Phone advice. on 18:58 - Jun 23 with 2940 viewsstowmarketrange

Phone advice. on 17:54 - Jun 23 by mrmonkey

What Swindon?
Phone advice. on 20:32 - Jun 23 with 2873 viewsBlackCrowe

You'll get your big screen iPhone in the Autumn. You'll also get at least one, possibly 2, impressive HTC device release in the next 2-3 months too. Not sure what Samsung are up to.

HTC are the ones to watch.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Phone advice. on 22:04 - Jun 23 with 2793 viewsE17hoop

Phone advice. on 20:32 - Jun 23 by BlackCrowe

You'll get your big screen iPhone in the Autumn. You'll also get at least one, possibly 2, impressive HTC device release in the next 2-3 months too. Not sure what Samsung are up to.

HTC are the ones to watch.

My last 4 phones have been HTC and never had a problem with any of them. Currently have a One S and it's a superb piece of kit. They need a great phone to try and recover market share and the One could be it.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Phone advice. on 22:46 - Jun 23 with 2754 viewsBedford_R

I have a Samsung S4. It's the dogs bits.....

RMH_R Reborn

Login to get fewer ads

Phone advice. on 23:44 - Jun 23 with 2722 viewscalders

Samsung s4 all day long. Watching anything on the I phone feels like I'm watching tele around me nans house in comparison.
Phone advice. on 23:52 - Jun 23 with 2716 viewsCamberleyR

Me too.Nail on the head.

They might make good stuff but none of my hard earned is going to help support that bunch of cnts in SW6.

The only Samsung product I've had since they have been scum sponsors was my second V Box when I had Virgin Media at my old place and that was only because I didn't own the box and didn't have a choice. Even then I taped iver the name so it wasn't on display.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Phone advice. on 12:05 - Jun 24 with 2575 viewspaesanu

LOL at those boycotting Samsung just because they happen to sponsor the scum. Life's too short for that kind of pettiness lads

Samsung all the way, fantastic mobiles.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Phone advice. on 12:08 - Jun 24 with 2568 viewsGloucs_R

I work in Telecoms, Samsung all day long. I have a Nexus (before they sold it to Google) and its a wicked phone.

Apple are to locked down for my liking

Poll: Are we staying up?

Phone advice. on 12:12 - Jun 24 with 2562 viewsloftboy

Just changed from iphone to samsung, taken a couple of days to get used to it but imho is definitely better.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Phone advice. on 12:23 - Jun 24 with 2549 viewssimmo

Funnily enough I have JUST sorted my upgrade with Orange. I currently have an iPhone 4 but have made the move to Samsung.

I did a fck load of research and read all I could and the general consensus is that the top 3 phones are the Samsung 4, HTC One and iPhone 5. In that order. Apart from the convenience of keeping all my data etc there was nothing that the iPhone did better than its competitors. In the end there is really not much between the Samsung and HTC, I just went with the former as I had a Samsung years ago and it has a better camera, is lighter/slimmer and a bigger screen (one of my biggest gripes with iPhones). Also the 4G which is faster than my home Wifi at the moment...

Good articles on both here

HTC - http://www.itworld.com/361720/htc-one-vs-samsung-galaxy-s4-5-reasons-choose-one

Samsung - http://www.cio.com/article/735138/Samsung_Galaxy_S4_vs._HTC_One_5_Reasons_to_Cho

Also honourable mention for the LG Nexus which is also a very cool phone....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Phone advice. on 12:31 - Jun 24 with 2536 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I want a Nokia 808 next (or the next version of it)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Phone advice. on 12:39 - Jun 24 with 2522 viewsballbag

One more vote for the HTC One.
Phone advice. on 12:43 - Jun 24 with 2513 viewsreal_loftus

+1 would never buy anything from those khunts while their brand is associated with Chels**

ATAF

ATAF.

Phone advice. on 14:25 - Jun 24 with 2445 viewsbaz_qpr

IOS (Iphone) for me every day.

Dont care how big the screen, or fast the processor, tomorrows hardware will always be better than yesterdays. Better software, more apps and addons (audio / video etc) apps in the main are written on the IOS platform first and foremost and its a much more secure platform (would never consider doing payments on an android at this moment in time, plus can use software I buy on the ipad as well.
Phone advice. on 17:55 - Jun 24 with 2403 viewsqpr85

I like a few would never buy Samscum products whilst they sponsor the dirty Blue scum from the South.

I have just upgraded to the Sony Xperia Z. Good looking phone, very fast and great picture quality. A few other things may be good with it but haven't had much time with it.

Oh and its waterproof I have submerged and spilled beer on it. It was sticky but I just washed it under the tap. It is fantastic!
Phone advice. on 18:04 - Jun 24 with 2391 viewsToast_R

HTC ONE good phone until the wifi receiver weakens.

When I firrst had it it was great for a few months and would pick up my wireless router anywhere in the house, now after 7 months it's terrible and will only give me a consistant wifi connection when i'm in the same room as the router. This also happened with my HTC Desire too. Shame cos I really like the HTC phones but this is a well documented problem.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Phone advice. on 12:05 - Jun 26 with 2292 viewssimmo

http://news.sky.com/story/1107814/iphone-5-slowest-in-smartphone-speed-test

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Phone advice. on 18:35 - Jun 26 with 2226 viewsderbyhoop

I'm with those who won't touch Samsung as long as a small part of whatever I might spend goes towards John terry's wages.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Phone advice. on 22:34 - Jun 26 with 2171 viewspaesanu

Phone advice. on 18:35 - Jun 26 by derbyhoop

I'm with those who won't touch Samsung as long as a small part of whatever I might spend goes towards John terry's wages.

Are you going to unsubscribe from Sky then?

Soz if you don't have it anyway, in which case, anyone above you who is also anti-Samsung.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Phone advice. on 01:01 - Jun 27 with 2131 viewsLazyFan

Android Nexus 4 direct from Google.

Android vs iOS:
At the moment Android via Google Play has the same number of apps as the Apple App store despite the fact it has the most free apps. Android has over 75% of the world smart-phone market (which means its will be the future as it is dominating). Updates for the system come out more often for Android if your phone supports it which we shall go into below. Google's cloud experience (calendar, email, contacts, tasks, file storage) is better than Apples apart from iTunes. After Google wins the store developers over (Apple apps often rape their customers and therefore the devs get more money...that is for now) which should happen in the next 6 months, then iTunes is all Apple have left. So, watch Google attack that next.

Nexus 4 vs other Android phones:
It is not quite as good as the S4 but has one big advantage that none of the other phones have. And that is because its what Google call a "Nexus Experience" phone this means that it will get all the software upgrades of Android soon after the new version comes out.

As opposed to the other Android phones whereby they may give you an update like 3-6 months in and may do that one more time if your lucky but after that they want you to buy a new phone so, do not really bother much. So, you won't get that many updates and they will be late if they do come.

Now it's important to get the updates such as 4.2 then 4.2.1 and then 4.2.2 and so on. And these may look like small point releases, but do not be fooled the optimisation of the software makes it perform better on each release. Thus in fact your phone gets faster and faster. Unlike Apples which goes slower and slower. They also come with features that can be significant. And because the Nexus phones use vanilla stock Android they do not come with the crapware that the other manufactures force onto your phone.

So, Nexus 4, job done.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

zzzzzzzzzz

Phone advice. on 02:14 - Jun 27 with 2124 viewszicoshoops

This phone, that phone, the other phone.

The only phone you need is two empty baked bean cans, joined by a piece of string.

The reason the country's going down the shitter, is because everyone and his uncle are on their mobile phones 24 hours a day.

Mobile phones are the work of the Devil.

P.S.
Tonight I am mostly drinking Brandy.

P.P.S.
I know for a fact that most of you are on Drugs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024