Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The U'sual census 10:37 - Jun 25 with 3682 viewsLeadbelly

I recall many moons ago we had a discussion regarding boarders occupation(s) but I don't think we've covered where we are from, where we are now and why we are U's fans. I'm sure there some much more interesting tales than mine but I'll kick it off.

Born - Colchester 1966
Live - Lawford
U's fan since - First season back in the league I believe. Fruitbat can probably confirm as he has a better memory than me and it was at his suggestion that I went to Layer Rd.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The U'sual census on 21:20 - Jun 29 with 767 viewsdurham_exile

The U'sual census on 23:32 - Jun 26 by jonestones

10,000 fans in Layer Road must have been a blinding atmosphere.

jonestones - amazing atmosphere but the match v Man Utd in the FA cup crammed 13,731 in. We lost 1-0 to a Jimmy Greenhoff 87th minute winner.

Layer Road would rock with only 5,000 though.

I am too young to remember the 19,000 against Reading!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The U'sual census on 22:12 - Jun 29 with 753 viewsgerry_us

The U'sual census on 20:55 - Jun 29 by Duddles

Gerry US - Also born 1946 in Tollesbury. We must have known each other - and I will guarantee our Mums did.

You didn't beat me into second place in the under 4's race at the Rec in 1950 did you? That still hurts.

My uncle used to take us about in his motor bike and sidecar too....

Be interested to know who you/we really are....

Later lived in Darcy and Layer Breton, started school at Birch before moving to Isle of Man in 1952.

First game 1961 at Layer Road vs Accrington Stanley.

Gerry Baldwin.....now who are you?
And yep it was me that won the under 4's race so "ya boo sucks" to you!

IOM reminded me of a recent television show where a guy was reprieved from death row to be sent to the IOM. Someone said that was lucky and someone else replied "Have you ever been to the IOM?"
The U'sual census on 22:32 - Jul 1 with 721 viewsDuddles

The U'sual census on 22:12 - Jun 29 by gerry_us

Gerry Baldwin.....now who are you?
And yep it was me that won the under 4's race so "ya boo sucks" to you!

IOM reminded me of a recent television show where a guy was reprieved from death row to be sent to the IOM. Someone said that was lucky and someone else replied "Have you ever been to the IOM?"

Gerry - I've emailed you.

I must stick up for the Isle of Man - fabulous place to live and grow up in - as was Tollesbury. All my Tollesbury friends and relatives agree - we cannot keep them away.

Following Colchester now they have invented electricity and the internet is so much easier. All an exile would know of the team was the result read out on the teleprinter by Peter Dimmock/David Coleman etc. Northern edition papers did not even publish teams or scorers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024