Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy 15:14 - Jul 20 with 2446 viewsWeaverQPR

Not involved again, surely going to struggle to be match fit for SWFC game. He hasnt figured in any game yet.

SSN said Remy in talks with NUFC next week.

Toon must be desperate to even think about going for Remy, probably SSN bullshit.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

@WeavQPR

Remy on 15:29 - Jul 20 with 2391 viewseghamranger

2 weeks to go. OMG
Remy on 15:45 - Jul 20 with 2312 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Isnt he injured

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Remy on 17:16 - Jul 20 with 2197 viewsQPRDave

I think this prob means he's going
Remy on 02:20 - Jul 21 with 1995 viewsBrazilNutR

Remy on 17:16 - Jul 20 by QPRDave

I think this prob means he's going

On the same note, it could apply then for Dunne... he hasn't played yet, and won't be ready and therefore must be on his way... oh!
Remy on 08:13 - Jul 21 with 1910 viewsingeminate

How can anyone buy a player who may be about to be banged up for rape? Unless the charges are Mickey Mouse and and it is jus a matter of time until they are dropped then surely any talk of bids has to be fantasy.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Remy on 09:49 - Jul 21 with 1786 viewseghamranger

They need some who likes to flirt with the criminal justice system as they got hold of Nile Ranger!

We so so badly need another striker if he does go.
Remy on 10:00 - Jul 21 with 1758 viewsqueensparker

The chances of a striker as good as Remy playing in the Championship are effectively nil, rape charges or no rape charges.

I think we should just forget about him to be honest.
Remy on 10:13 - Jul 21 with 1727 viewsJB1982

Remy on 10:00 - Jul 21 by queensparker

The chances of a striker as good as Remy playing in the Championship are effectively nil, rape charges or no rape charges.

I think we should just forget about him to be honest.

Not sure - in spite of how much other managers might rate him, what board, CEO, Chairman or Financial chief is going to sign off on spending millions on an asset that could go to prison and be worthless in a few months?

Whilst they might be able to negotiate with Remy ("if you go to prison your wages drop to zero) to protect themselves, there's no way that they could negotiate that with QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Remy on 11:07 - Jul 21 with 1657 viewsexiled_dictator

Apparently, Big Sam at Wet Spam wants to take Remy on loan.
He is prepared to ensure he gets Premiership games until the case is finalised.
Should he be found innocent, he would like to keep him on loan till the end of the season. If he is found guilty, then he will help pack his bags, ensuring a big tub of vaseline is in there.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Remy on 11:20 - Jul 21 with 1626 viewsJonDoeman

Remy on 11:07 - Jul 21 by exiled_dictator

Apparently, Big Sam at Wet Spam wants to take Remy on loan.
He is prepared to ensure he gets Premiership games until the case is finalised.
Should he be found innocent, he would like to keep him on loan till the end of the season. If he is found guilty, then he will help pack his bags, ensuring a big tub of vaseline is in there.

Good deal for them. Fat Sam knows his onions.

It Is What It Is !!

Remy on 11:22 - Jul 21 with 1620 viewsingeminate

Remy on 10:13 - Jul 21 by JB1982

Not sure - in spite of how much other managers might rate him, what board, CEO, Chairman or Financial chief is going to sign off on spending millions on an asset that could go to prison and be worthless in a few months?

Whilst they might be able to negotiate with Remy ("if you go to prison your wages drop to zero) to protect themselves, there's no way that they could negotiate that with QPR.

One thing standing by a player accused of rape until case heard quite another seeking one out and going out of your way to bing to a football club. Surely a pr nightmare can't see too many clubs stomaching it when push comes to shove.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Remy on 12:29 - Jul 21 with 1549 viewsnewgolddream

Remy on 15:29 - Jul 20 by eghamranger

2 weeks to go. OMG

Hard to believe it is only 2 weeks!!!
Remy on 13:08 - Jul 21 with 1472 viewspadstow

I reckon they're just agreeing , fees, personal terms and getting the medical done so, if he's cleared, everything's already done and they can transfer him on deadline day which is soon after (the following day?).

If he's not cleared then the transfer doesn't happen and he's our problem. :)
Remy on 13:08 - Jul 21 with 1472 viewspadstow

I reckon they're just agreeing , fees, personal terms and getting the medical done so, if he's cleared, everything's already done and they can transfer him on deadline day which is soon after (the following day?).

Remy on 17:37 - Jul 21 with 1335 viewsQPR_John

Remy on 13:08 - Jul 21 by padstow

I thought the court case, if there is to be one, started in September.
Remy on 17:56 - Jul 21 with 1303 viewseghamranger

He is on bail at mo as not charged yet and is back at a west London police station in early August.

I thought he maybe wasn't away as he had to give in his passport as part of his bail conditions.

It sounds better saying that he is injured as opposed to part of his bail

Remy on 18:02 - Jul 21 with 1282 viewshoopstilidie

Remy on 17:56 - Jul 21 by eghamranger

He is on bail at mo as not charged yet and is back at a west London police station in early August.

I thought he maybe wasn't away as he had to give in his passport as part of his bail conditions.

It sounds better saying that he is injured as opposed to part of his bail

He was with the squad, just didn't play.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Remy on 18:09 - Jul 21 with 1272 viewseghamranger

Remy on 18:02 - Jul 21 by hoopstilidie

He was with the squad, just didn't play.

didn't realise. Did all that typing too
Remy on 15:08 - Jul 22 with 1054 viewseghamranger

Just spoke to a spurs fan that reckons it a done deal that he is going there. dont shoot the messenger.
Remy on 15:22 - Jul 22 with 1002 viewsN12Hoop

Remy on 15:08 - Jul 22 by eghamranger

Just spoke to a spurs fan that reckons it a done deal that he is going there. dont shoot the messenger.

These threads are getting repetitive, but there is no way that a PL club is going to sign an alleged rapist unless and until charges are dropped. A deal in principal maybe done, but even that I doubt. The negative PR would be too great.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Remy on 15:35 - Jul 22 with 966 viewsadhoc_qpr

Remy on 15:22 - Jul 22 by N12Hoop

These threads are getting repetitive, but there is no way that a PL club is going to sign an alleged rapist unless and until charges are dropped. A deal in principal maybe done, but even that I doubt. The negative PR would be too great.

Disagree, it's only the financial implications stopping clubs from signing him, not moral objections.

The West Ham loan sounds like a goer, we get his wages covered, they get a good striker - and if he is innocent next summer we can either make that transfer permanent or he can rejoin us following our heroic promotion with free scoring Bobby Z and SWP firing us back to the prem (OK maybe not the last bit...)
Remy on 15:58 - Jul 22 with 916 viewsN12Hoop

Remy on 15:35 - Jul 22 by adhoc_qpr

Disagree, it's only the financial implications stopping clubs from signing him, not moral objections.

The West Ham loan sounds like a goer, we get his wages covered, they get a good striker - and if he is innocent next summer we can either make that transfer permanent or he can rejoin us following our heroic promotion with free scoring Bobby Z and SWP firing us back to the prem (OK maybe not the last bit...)

I guess we'll know soon enough, but consider this. You're West Ham and you need a striker. Do you put your eggs in the Remy basket? Say they sign him in august and in September he is charged. They are then guilty of building their team around a striker who's mind may not be on the job and could be in jail early in the new year. At which point they need to go back to the market and hope there's someone available at a reasonable price. Surely anyone in their right mind would rather go for a striker who isn't currently facing jail?

Remy on 16:05 - Jul 22 with 910 viewsadhoc_qpr

Remy on 15:58 - Jul 22 by N12Hoop

I guess we'll know soon enough, but consider this. You're West Ham and you need a striker. Do you put your eggs in the Remy basket? Say they sign him in august and in September he is charged. They are then guilty of building their team around a striker who's mind may not be on the job and could be in jail early in the new year. At which point they need to go back to the market and hope there's someone available at a reasonable price. Surely anyone in their right mind would rather go for a striker who isn't currently facing jail?

But if they get Remy on loan on the cheap, they can probably bring in someone else as well.

They've already paid £15m for a woman beater this summer, why not add a potential sex offender?
Remy on 16:12 - Jul 22 with 882 viewsN12Hoop

Remy on 16:05 - Jul 22 by adhoc_qpr

But if they get Remy on loan on the cheap, they can probably bring in someone else as well.

They've already paid £15m for a woman beater this summer, why not add a potential sex offender?

You may be right, but even on a no risk deal, signing an alleged rapist is not going to be something the Prem League will want to see in this PR obsessed world and I doubt Karen Brady will want him stalking about the ground either!

Remy on 16:24 - Jul 22 with 857 viewsQPR_John

Remy on 15:58 - Jul 22 by N12Hoop

At which point they need to go back to the market and hope there's someone available at a reasonable price

Agree with you except for the above. If the point you refer to is reached it will be too late to go back to the market
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024