Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread- team news 14:09 - Jul 27 with 9921 viewsdale1996

Lillis
Rafferty O'connell Lancashire Done
Vincenti Cav Lund Henderson
Hogan Donnelly
Subs:Thomson, Tutte, BBM, Eastham, Hery, Rose, Allen, Logan, Bunney

Match Thread- team news on 14:12 - Jul 27 with 5753 viewsRoChDaLe

have i missed something, done at left back?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Match Thread- team news on 14:15 - Jul 27 with 5706 viewsKnowlesy

Match Thread- team news on 14:12 - Jul 27 by RoChDaLe

have i missed something, done at left back?

He does seem to like playing wingers at full back (edit - in these preseason games) . Did the same with Logan for a bit - that time he mentioned that he wanted to educate Logan that he has to have more about his game than 'running and shooting'... Perhaps he's trying to teach a similar lesson to Done
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Match Thread- team news on 14:49 - Jul 27 with 5616 views442Dale

Welcome back to Spotland for Rossendale one-gamer David Buchanan.

Ace.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread- team news on 16:01 - Jul 27 with 5330 viewsFrog

Any score?
Match Thread- team news on 16:11 - Jul 27 with 5259 viewsdilligas

Match Thread- team news on 16:01 - Jul 27 by Frog

Any score?

One nil PNE but a bit if a non event really
Match Thread- team news on 16:18 - Jul 27 with 5214 viewsDorsetDale

Match Thread- team news on 16:01 - Jul 27 by Frog

Any score?

Scott Hogan equaliser. Regular updates on twitter from officiallydale

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Match Thread- team news on 16:22 - Jul 27 with 5186 viewsdilligas

Match Thread- team news on 16:18 - Jul 27 by DorsetDale

Scott Hogan equaliser. Regular updates on twitter from officiallydale

Enjoying the match photos from the game via twitter as well
Match Thread- team news on 16:31 - Jul 27 with 5113 viewsDorsetDale

Match Thread- team news on 16:22 - Jul 27 by dilligas

Enjoying the match photos from the game via twitter as well

Indeed! Looks a lovely day up there as well. Peeing down here since 2:30!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread- team news on 16:47 - Jul 27 with 5006 viewsFrog

Thanks for the updates, unfortunately I'm in Zante.........
Match Thread- team news on 16:50 - Jul 27 with 4980 viewsBromsgroveDale

Match Thread- team news on 16:47 - Jul 27 by Frog

Thanks for the updates, unfortunately I'm in Zante.........

Hope Zante doesn't mind !

Formerly Bournemouth Dale

Match Thread- team news on 16:53 - Jul 27 with 4932 viewsD_Dale

1-1

MOM: George Donnelly

Maybe KH - and the Dale fans among the 1064 there - have got some useful pointers for the Hartlepool game.
Match Thread- team news on 17:07 - Jul 27 with 4813 viewsdilligas

Lillis, rose, cav, Henderson only names I can say will def play v pool. Squad so strong
Match Thread- team news on 17:14 - Jul 27 with 4759 viewsKnowlesy

Reckon I'd go for

Lillis

Raff o'connell Lancashire rose

Cav
Lund
Tutte
Done Henderson
Hogan
Match Thread- team news on 17:27 - Jul 27 with 4675 viewsRoChDaLe

first friendly I have attended this season and im so impressed. its great to now see the quick pass and move style of football which will destroy teams in league two. the players seem to want to win and every single on of them put 110% in.

Match Thread- team news on 17:46 - Jul 27 with 4564 viewsdilligas

I think Vincenti and Donnelly will start
Match Thread- team news on 17:49 - Jul 27 with 4541 viewsRoChDaLe

Match Thread- team news on 17:46 - Jul 27 by dilligas

I think Vincenti and Donnelly will start

didn't rate vincenti today at all, first time ive seen him and i can't fault his effort but he couldn't cross a ball?!

Match Thread- team news on 17:53 - Jul 27 with 4522 viewsBartRowou

Match Thread- team news on 17:49 - Jul 27 by RoChDaLe

didn't rate vincenti today at all, first time ive seen him and i can't fault his effort but he couldn't cross a ball?!

He'll be doing the Joe Thompson role this season with added tackling and wing play. He's also a good outlet for keeper's kicks due to his height.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match Thread- team news on 17:58 - Jul 27 with 4496 viewsdilligas

He was excellent v Blackburn and I think his versatility will get him a place
Match Thread- team news on 18:06 - Jul 27 with 4443 viewsboromat

Think starting line up will be the same as today but rose in for done. Unless Hill thinks Done had caught up fitness wise then Hill will have a very good headache. This years squad seems ridiculous so many options!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread- team news on 18:10 - Jul 27 with 4425 viewsbrady

A.greed. Ball hit first defender or went to far. Impressed by hogan..rafferty was in different again. But overall looking good
Match Thread- team news on 18:24 - Jul 27 with 4360 viewsChaffRAFC

Bit of a nothing game today where neither side really gave it their all but there were plenty of positives to come out of it as well.

Matty Done did well at left back. I have a theory as to why he played there in that I think Hill wanted to see how Hogan, Vincenti, Henderson and Donnelly did together against decent opposition while still giving Done the opportunity for match fitness given that he's a couple of weeks behind everyone.

The big positive for me was Matty Lund. I like this lad, he's a really good player. I always think you can tell when a player has come from a higher standard of football if they play midfield because they create space from a first touch and that's what Lund does. He can have two players on him when he receives the ball and still create an extra half a yard to pick out a pass and then his passing ability shines through.

I also like how Scott Hogan really seems to know where the net is. That's 5 goals this pre-season for him and has scored against Blackburn and Preston as well as bagging a hattrick against lesser opposition in Northwich.

George Donnelly was much more like the player that finished the season today in that he chased down everything and worked his nuts off. Not surprised by his MOM award.

Rafferty was better as well, he can tackle, he can head, he can get forward and link up with the wide-man but his problem lies with positioning. That's his big weakness for me and was evident when he was caught out of position twice that nearly led to goals.

Edit - Forgot to mention Tutte who was a hundred times better today. Played well when he came on.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread- team news on 18:33 - Jul 27 with 4307 viewsDaley_Lama

Twas good to see the old style Hilly football, play it out from the back, good movement, passing footy. To say we were the least direct team today would be like saying wales has a smaller population than China.

Defence were solid against some very good strikers, the only goal coming from a defender up from a corner.

Most interesting player on show for me, Bastian Hery. He's got a trick or two in him and aint no slouch either. Might struggle with the physicality of League 2 but liked what i saw.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread- team news on 18:37 - Jul 27 with 4285 viewsdebbiesfella

Match Thread- team news on 17:27 - Jul 27 by RoChDaLe

first friendly I have attended this season and im so impressed. its great to now see the quick pass and move style of football which will destroy teams in league two. the players seem to want to win and every single on of them put 110% in.

My first game as well and I to was very impressed. Was left wondering what the announcer was doing today. When first announcing the teams he named Preston subs before their team and then later when subs were being made he appeared to be auditioning for "Wheeltappers and Shunters" What a div.
Match Thread- team news on 18:58 - Jul 27 with 4200 viewsolympicdale

Why does it seem Vincenti is allergic to taking on his man in one on one situations, I can only guess he has been istructed to be more defensive in pre season.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread- team news on 19:18 - Jul 27 with 4124 viewsR17ALE

Match Thread- team news on 18:33 - Jul 27 by Daley_Lama

Twas good to see the old style Hilly football, play it out from the back, good movement, passing footy. To say we were the least direct team today would be like saying wales has a smaller population than China.

Defence were solid against some very good strikers, the only goal coming from a defender up from a corner.

Most interesting player on show for me, Bastian Hery. He's got a trick or two in him and aint no slouch either. Might struggle with the physicality of League 2 but liked what i saw.

I thought Terry Henry was our best player today. He's a strong lad. Think he will cope with Division 4 footy.

Very good all rounder, good replacement for JK I'd say. He reminds me a bit of Dave Frain!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024