Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? 14:29 - Jul 31 with 9821 viewsDaleaholic

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 23:56 - Jul 31 with 3061 viewsdale_spotland

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 23:20 - Jul 31 by TTNYear

Why don't we use the money to employ a person who has experience of promoting a football club? Least there will be a return

Fabulous idea.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 01:18 - Aug 1 with 3037 viewsShun

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 23:20 - Jul 31 by TTNYear

Why don't we use the money to employ a person who has experience of promoting a football club? Least there will be a return

Best idea so far.
What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 09:55 - Aug 1 with 2963 viewsTTNYear

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 01:18 - Aug 1 by Shun

Best idea so far.

Tongue in cheek chaps, I'm afraid. We already have a full quota of staff that should be able to cope. The board of directors are happy, so that's that. Bit like the club shop figures.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 13:12 - Aug 1 with 2882 viewsTalkingSutty

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 09:55 - Aug 1 by TTNYear

Tongue in cheek chaps, I'm afraid. We already have a full quota of staff that should be able to cope. The board of directors are happy, so that's that. Bit like the club shop figures.

Thats the same reason why i reckon a scoreboard would become a white elephant regarding utilising it for extra sponsorship/advertisement. There has to be the drive to use it to its maximum but we all know that wouldnt happen.
What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 13:26 - Aug 1 with 2867 viewsMass_Debater

someone should have asked about that at the forum .........................
What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 17:25 - Aug 1 with 2810 viewsTommoRAFC

Somethings will never change...

The money should be invested in either a fan officer, or look at taking on the sports science costs so that Hill has more money available for his rainy day fund or reinforcements in January.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 17:37 - Aug 1 with 2798 viewselectricblue

But didnt the hornets have the floodlights on the other day..
Also havent the hornets trained under the floodlights over the years..
So in my eyes they are responsible for 50% of the cost.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 20:26 - Aug 1 with 2763 viewsChaffRAFC

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 17:25 - Aug 1 by TommoRAFC

Somethings will never change...

The money should be invested in either a fan officer, or look at taking on the sports science costs so that Hill has more money available for his rainy day fund or reinforcements in January.

Well frig me, it's like the ghost of Christmas past. Welcome back Action Man!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 09:01 - Aug 2 with 2690 viewsColDale

Have put a statement together following Tuesday and subsequent suggestions
http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1142
What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 21:10 - Aug 2 with 2596 viewsTalkingSutty

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 09:01 - Aug 2 by ColDale

Have put a statement together following Tuesday and subsequent suggestions
http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1142

The statement is to the point and does a good job of briefly explaing the advantages and disadvantages of each scenario.

The floodlight funding is a problem for the football club and has nothing to do with Hornets. I have to admit they are quite dull compared to other clubs in the league. Thats a project that will help the club and improve the matchday experience for supporters.

There is also merit in the scoreboard suggestion but i think it would need more meat on the bones regarding who is responsible for operating the system and would it be used to its maximum regarding advertisement/sponsorship. How long would it be before the system was in place ?

Personally i would love the scoreboard but i have doubts about it being used properly, so the floodlights are a risk free investment and the thought of funds having to come out of Hillys playing budget to pay for the work makes me think we will all benefit if we donate the Trust funds.

Obviously, i will go with the majority and wont qualm either way. I just want us to spend the cash rather than keep saving it and then we can all start building up the coffers again by supporting other Trust ventures in the future.
What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 22:09 - Aug 2 with 2552 viewsDale23years

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 21:10 - Aug 2 by TalkingSutty

The statement is to the point and does a good job of briefly explaing the advantages and disadvantages of each scenario.

The floodlight funding is a problem for the football club and has nothing to do with Hornets. I have to admit they are quite dull compared to other clubs in the league. Thats a project that will help the club and improve the matchday experience for supporters.

There is also merit in the scoreboard suggestion but i think it would need more meat on the bones regarding who is responsible for operating the system and would it be used to its maximum regarding advertisement/sponsorship. How long would it be before the system was in place ?

Personally i would love the scoreboard but i have doubts about it being used properly, so the floodlights are a risk free investment and the thought of funds having to come out of Hillys playing budget to pay for the work makes me think we will all benefit if we donate the Trust funds.

Obviously, i will go with the majority and wont qualm either way. I just want us to spend the cash rather than keep saving it and then we can all start building up the coffers again by supporting other Trust ventures in the future.

can we not get a scoreboard ( with the trust and Iain Johnstone making sure its used to its maximum regarding advertisement/sponsorship.) and also raise money towards the cost of new floodlights through the trust I can think of quiet a few ideas

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 22:54 - Aug 2 with 2528 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Would be very interested to know the projected costs for a scoreboard - I would say that this should be free or potentially actually bring in revenue if it was via a decent sponsor - Why the hell cant we approach a major techy firm and offer them a 5 year deal to provide said scoreboard and maintainence to get main sponsorship on it?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 07:16 - Aug 3 with 2492 views100notout

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 22:54 - Aug 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

Would be very interested to know the projected costs for a scoreboard - I would say that this should be free or potentially actually bring in revenue if it was via a decent sponsor - Why the hell cant we approach a major techy firm and offer them a 5 year deal to provide said scoreboard and maintainence to get main sponsorship on it?

Good idea. Zen Internet?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 21:27 - Sep 1 with 2263 views442Dale

Meeting tomorrow night, 8.30pm. Hopefully a few fans can get along.

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1150

As part of the current consultation period for the “Bowlee funds”, a further meeting has been arranged for Trust members to have their say.

The Trust recently held a Consultation Meeting before the Fans Forum in which they outlined the funds that remained following the purchase of the Pitch Covers. A full review of that meeting can be found here in which the Video Screen and Floodlights projects were discussed at length among other suggestions.

However, many members felt that the meeting that was held was not long enough to fully discuss any proposals, so with that in mind the Trust will be hosting a further Discussion Meeting on Monday 2nd September.

It is intended that it will be an informal meeting but it will allow any Trust member to come along and discuss their thoughts and proposals with the Trust board.

The meeting will take place upstairs at the Cemetery Hotel from 8-30pm. With the Trust board’s monthly meeting taking place before then, members are asked not to arrive before 8-30pm.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money? on 22:39 - Sep 1 with 2216 views49thseason

Note regarding Trust statement regarding use of "Bowlee" funds.

For the sake of correctness, the club use the pitches which belong to Rochdale Lacrosse Club (not the cricket club) and there are already sprinklers under the pitches which need repairing (and indeed are currently being repaired by the ground staff at the football club who maintain the lacrosse / football training pitches).

The pitches are in excellent condition thanks to the Dale ground staff's efforts which are much appreciated by the Lacrosse players and provide a local, accessible training facility for the club.

Any small donation by the trust to help repair the sprinklers would be appreciated by the hard -working ground staff, RAFC, and the members of Rochdale Lacrosse Club which has survived since 1888 and runs U10s, U12s, U14s, U16s and 3 senior teams and would make a small but welcome contribution to sport in Rochdale.

PS If anyone has kids looking for something different to play we train on Saturdays from 10.00 - all welcome!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024