Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The penny dropped? 14:15 - Aug 22 with 5978 viewsmacro

Keith Maddock ‏@Keithclubline 52s
"We need to let some players go before we can sign any more" KB #buryfc
The penny dropped? on 14:18 - Aug 22 with 4503 viewssandylaner1

bury fc on the right

The penny dropped? on 14:24 - Aug 22 with 4487 viewsTVOS1907

Does that mean some of the players they've only just signed?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The penny dropped? on 14:34 - Aug 22 with 4464 viewsDySporting

As their squad is pretty much made up of new players, that's all I can conclude too!
The penny dropped? on 15:05 - Aug 22 with 4402 viewslurker

Grimes for the transfer list?
The penny dropped? on 16:16 - Aug 22 with 4281 viewsAtThePeake

Fantastic.

"Basically, we signed anyone we could get our hands on as soon as possible and now we've realised there are better players out there. Whoops."

Tangled up in blue.

The penny dropped? on 16:31 - Aug 22 with 4257 viewsTVOS1907

The penny dropped? on 16:16 - Aug 22 by AtThePeake

Fantastic.

"Basically, we signed anyone we could get our hands on as soon as possible and now we've realised there are better players out there. Whoops."

Yep.

Better players out there who are so good they either (a) haven't got a club, or (b) aren't in anyone's first team.

The penny dropped? on 16:45 - Aug 22 with 4217 viewszxcvbnm

Makes Blackwell sound like a kid playing a fm game, buy buy buy who cares about the finance.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

The penny dropped? on 16:47 - Aug 22 with 4210 viewsTTNYear

I think this time bUry can't press the 'Restart Game' button, or can they?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Login to get fewer ads

The penny dropped? on 16:47 - Aug 22 with 4208 viewslurker

The penny dropped? on 16:45 - Aug 22 by zxcvbnm

Makes Blackwell sound like a kid playing a fm game, buy buy buy who cares about the finance.

Wouldn't be surprised if FM is what constitutes the worldwide scouting network
The penny dropped? on 17:32 - Aug 22 with 4134 viewsmightydale

The penny dropped? on 16:47 - Aug 22 by lurker

Wouldn't be surprised if FM is what constitutes the worldwide scouting network

they signed William Edjenguélé today who was on a decent wage( more than we offered OGrady few seasons bk) at Coventry dear O dear clubs( bury) never learn

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

The penny dropped? on 18:52 - Aug 22 with 4033 viewspl56

By my crude maths , I reckon Bury now have 29 full time professionals on their books in the first team squad and the rather esoteric "development" squad , according to the other thread . Surely that number has to be unsustainable at the level we're both at now ?
The penny dropped? on 18:56 - Aug 22 with 4024 viewsgigger

I've now Sussed you lot right out!!!
1 word.......

JEALOUSY

What's happened to kel ???

The penny dropped? on 19:00 - Aug 22 with 4015 viewsheywooddale

The penny dropped? on 18:52 - Aug 22 by pl56

By my crude maths , I reckon Bury now have 29 full time professionals on their books in the first team squad and the rather esoteric "development" squad , according to the other thread . Surely that number has to be unsustainable at the level we're both at now ?

Not that I want to in anyway suggest we are like the shambles that is bURY and I don't reckon we would be paying anywhere near the wages they are, but our squad currently 27 full time pro so if their number is unsustainable ours isn't far behind.
The penny dropped? on 19:03 - Aug 22 with 4006 viewsAtThePeake

The penny dropped? on 18:56 - Aug 22 by gigger

1 word.......

JEALOUSY

Tangled up in blue.

The penny dropped? on 19:04 - Aug 22 with 4001 viewsAtThePeake

The penny dropped? on 19:00 - Aug 22 by heywooddale

Not that I want to in anyway suggest we are like the shambles that is bURY and I don't reckon we would be paying anywhere near the wages they are, but our squad currently 27 full time pro so if their number is unsustainable ours isn't far behind.

We aren't offering massively reduced ticket prices and putting on free coaches willynilly.

Bury fans better hope Day is absolutely minted.

Tangled up in blue.

The penny dropped? on 19:10 - Aug 22 with 3982 viewsColDale

the make up of our squad is fundamentally different. We have a good squad, but we have two of them on the coaching staff, and eight on their first pro contract. We signed players from non league clubs, and our insistence on giving young players a chance, we have an incredible number of players who have made or will make their FL debut for us. This makes a massive difference in wage costs.
The penny dropped? on 19:39 - Aug 22 with 3927 viewsTVOS1907

The penny dropped? on 18:56 - Aug 22 by gigger

1 word.......

JEALOUSY

How's your mate PDIDDY doing?

Surprised you haven't gone the same way as him ....

The penny dropped? on 20:18 - Aug 22 with 3863 viewsHopwoodblue

Hope they all decide to stay put and see their 12 months out, sitting on their backsides whilst this " famous old broke club" pay them every week.
What a complete shambles as the saying goes,
" that's another fine mess you've got me into" !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

The penny dropped? on 20:19 - Aug 22 with 3856 viewsPDIDDY

The penny dropped? on 19:39 - Aug 22 by TVOS1907

How's your mate PDIDDY doing?

Surprised you haven't gone the same way as him ....

I'm fine thanks TV, after a couple of months in Asia I'm currently in aviemore, life's good

Gissa job

The penny dropped? on 20:22 - Aug 22 with 3852 viewspl56

The penny dropped? on 19:00 - Aug 22 by heywooddale

Point taken , but I would not be including coaching staff registered as players as those coaches would presumably be employed anyway , or a non-contract player who would presumably be on little more than expenses , and , who , if circumstances dictate , would have the arrangement concluded pretty cheaply .

I had a squad of 24 on that basis , but I think its also significant that we have 5 x 1st year (including Bunney) pros in that figure , presumably on low wages , and 2 x 2nd year pros who I suspect have not had any great hike (if any) on their 1st year contracts .

Looking at Bury's 29 , even those in the so-called "development" squad appear to be pros who have been around a bit , as noted elsewhere , and indeed at least one has re-located from abroad .

I just feel a lot more comfortable with the manner in which Keith Hill has invested his budget , and the overall balance in the squad achieved .
The penny dropped? on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 3817 viewssandylaner1

can all this hearsay wait until we've beaten them on the 7th september pls

it (grimes) will come back to bite us on the arse
The penny dropped? on 21:03 - Aug 22 with 3778 viewsceme_ender

I dont know why you are getting excited about the size of our squad, mostare signed on cheap , either out of non league or without a club and not a big prospect of getting One and have been offered peanuts for a chance to prove themselves and still earn a living of sort from playing football. Six or seven are loans and we have about ten playerswho are experienced playersO and there wages will be normal league Two Standard apart from Harrad and carson who will hopefullygone by next week. All in order. Relocated fron another country...?  f how much do you think a rowanden who has played a bit in Belgium lower leagues will be commanding? Ha ha ha! . Probably cant even afford a stellar breakfast.
The penny dropped? on 21:05 - Aug 22 with 3765 views442Dale

The penny dropped? on 21:03 - Aug 22 by ceme_ender

I dont know why you are getting excited about the size of our squad, mostare signed on cheap , either out of non league or without a club and not a big prospect of getting One and have been offered peanuts for a chance to prove themselves and still earn a living of sort from playing football. Six or seven are loans and we have about ten playerswho are experienced playersO and there wages will be normal league Two Standard apart from Harrad and carson who will hopefullygone by next week. All in order. Relocated fron another country...?  f how much do you think a rowanden who has played a bit in Belgium lower leagues will be commanding? Ha ha ha! . Probably cant even afford a stellar breakfast.

What sort of wage do you reckon Grimes will be on?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The penny dropped? on 21:05 - Aug 22 with 3765 viewsAtThePeake

The penny dropped? on 21:03 - Aug 22 by ceme_ender

In truth by this Blackwell probably just means letting go of Carson in order to sign Jensen.

Tangled up in blue.

The penny dropped? on 21:10 - Aug 22 with 3755 viewsHopwoodblue

Diddy, Is that where Blackwell comes from " Aviemore" As thats all he seems to be saying to Mr Day!

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024