Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look at the furore... 14:10 - Aug 23 with 5799 viewsTVOS1907

When we cancel a coach: http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=78741

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Look at the furore... on 14:48 - Aug 23 with 4593 viewssandylaner1

hill should read some of the responses in that thread to the players before the game
Look at the furore... on 15:07 - Aug 23 with 4545 viewsD_Alien

Seems like the best reason they can offer for travelling to the game (apart from "sunshine") is the state of their pitch.

The grass isn't always greener, as the saying goes; and besides, our abilities with leeks means it's highly likely our grass is greener anyway.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Look at the furore... on 15:20 - Aug 23 with 4512 views100notout

Some bizarre views on that thread but some sensible ones too. X Isle take a bow

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Look at the furore... on 15:38 - Aug 23 with 4472 viewsDaley_Lama

Look at the furore... on 15:20 - Aug 23 by 100notout

Some bizarre views on that thread but some sensible ones too. X Isle take a bow

Coach or no coach, our away support is always one of the highest percentage of home support in all the divisions.

The Pilgrims progress however doesn't seem so impressive when considering this.

Tinpot little green with envy club only famous for that TV advert.

http://www.football-...4~179570,00.pdf

Poll: DF in or out

Look at the furore... on 15:38 - Aug 23 with 4472 viewsfermin

'It's probably unfair to pick on Rochdale, there are plenty of teams in this division who send down single-figure away support'

So, less than 9 of you are going to join me in the away end tomorrow, it seems!

Most of that is the usual nonsense you get from 'big' clubs, so it's not worth worrying about.
Look at the furore... on 15:43 - Aug 23 with 4452 viewsColDale

It's easier to belittle those around than to accept their own failings. I'm sure Stockport will be having similar conversations about North Ferriby and Leamington Spa FC
Look at the furore... on 16:13 - Aug 23 with 4394 viewsKenBoon

"Coach or no coach, our away support is always one of the highest percentage of home support in all the divisions"

To be fair you could twist that statistic and say it shows how crap our home attendances are.
Look at the furore... on 16:17 - Aug 23 with 4381 viewsDaley_Lama

Look at the furore... on 16:13 - Aug 23 by KenBoon

"Coach or no coach, our away support is always one of the highest percentage of home support in all the divisions"

To be fair you could twist that statistic and say it shows how crap our home attendances are.

You could indeedy, but the Plymouth fans are avioding doing that on their own and in fact defending our club to the hilt.

I almost shed a tear at the following

Rochdale are the only club in that area which doesn't have any kind of enviable history.

Preston were the Man United of amateur football in the late victorian era, and were a pretty big deal until the 1970s.
Man City and Man U need no explanation, Wigan have come from nowhere to the Prem within twenty years, Tranmere have been in and around the top of the Championship, Stockport did once flirt with the Premiership play-offs before their alarming fall from grace, Bury hold the record for the biggest win in any FA Cup final, Liverpool and Everton are in the Prem, Bolton, Huddersfield, Barnsley and Oldham have had their fair share of success, Blackburn have been right up at the top, Blackpool are going through a renaissance, and even clubs like Stoke, Port Vale, Barnsley, Leeds, Sheffield Utd, Sheff Wed, Rotherham, Crewe, Doncaster, are all closer to Rochdale than we are to Yeovil.

Even Accrington Stanley were namechecked in an advert.

Rochdale have, unlike all those clubs, achieved nothing except to survive in a saturated market. The only record they hold is for staying the longest time (42 years?) in the basement division. They've come to epitomise every small football club that will never achieve greatness, but keeps plodding away regardless. That itself is admirable in a way that I hope doesn't come across as patronising.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Look at the furore... on 16:23 - Aug 23 with 4366 viewsTVOS1907

Look at the furore... on 16:13 - Aug 23 by KenBoon

The home attendance figures are there for everybody to see every weekend and don't need any 'twisting' for people to know how poor they are.

The point DL raised is a lesser-known statistic, but is still entirely valid.

Unfortunately, but humorously, a lot of the posters on that thread have got bigclubitis.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2013 16:25]

Look at the furore... on 17:14 - Aug 23 with 4287 viewsfermin

Look at the furore... on 16:17 - Aug 23 by Daley_Lama

You could indeedy, but the Plymouth fans are avioding doing that on their own and in fact defending our club to the hilt.

I almost shed a tear at the following

Rochdale are the only club in that area which doesn't have any kind of enviable history.

Preston were the Man United of amateur football in the late victorian era, and were a pretty big deal until the 1970s.
Man City and Man U need no explanation, Wigan have come from nowhere to the Prem within twenty years, Tranmere have been in and around the top of the Championship, Stockport did once flirt with the Premiership play-offs before their alarming fall from grace, Bury hold the record for the biggest win in any FA Cup final, Liverpool and Everton are in the Prem, Bolton, Huddersfield, Barnsley and Oldham have had their fair share of success, Blackburn have been right up at the top, Blackpool are going through a renaissance, and even clubs like Stoke, Port Vale, Barnsley, Leeds, Sheffield Utd, Sheff Wed, Rotherham, Crewe, Doncaster, are all closer to Rochdale than we are to Yeovil.

Even Accrington Stanley were namechecked in an advert.

Rochdale have, unlike all those clubs, achieved nothing except to survive in a saturated market. The only record they hold is for staying the longest time (42 years?) in the basement division. They've come to epitomise every small football club that will never achieve greatness, but keeps plodding away regardless. That itself is admirable in a way that I hope doesn't come across as patronising.

Just a pity he forgot our League Cup exploits in 1962.
Look at the furore... on 17:38 - Aug 23 with 4234 viewsTVOS1907

Look at the furore... on 17:14 - Aug 23 by fermin

Just a pity he forgot our League Cup exploits in 1962.

And we weren't in the basement division for 42 years.

Look at the furore... on 17:40 - Aug 23 with 4225 viewsColDale

Look at the furore... on 17:38 - Aug 23 by TVOS1907

And we weren't in the basement division for 42 years.

IN fairness to the Argylies, they did finish above us four seasons ago
Look at the furore... on 17:48 - Aug 23 with 4195 viewsTVOS1907

Look at the furore... on 17:40 - Aug 23 by ColDale

IN fairness to the Argylies, they did finish above us four seasons ago

True.

And they've got a nice pitch.

Look at the furore... on 17:57 - Aug 23 with 4177 viewsdilligas

Plymouth the bury of the south
Look at the furore... on 18:04 - Aug 23 with 4157 viewsTVOS1907

Look at the furore... on 17:57 - Aug 23 by dilligas

Plymouth the bury of the south

Well Blackwell played for them...

Look at the furore... on 18:06 - Aug 23 with 4154 viewsColDale

Look at the furore... on 18:04 - Aug 23 by TVOS1907

Well Blackwell played for them...

never realised that Blackwell and Hill were old team mates
Look at the furore... on 18:10 - Aug 23 with 4140 viewsTVOS1907

Look at the furore... on 18:06 - Aug 23 by ColDale

never realised that Blackwell and Hill were old team mates

Surprised he hasn't tried to sign him for his 'Development Squad'.

Look at the furore... on 19:26 - Aug 23 with 4009 viewsgigger

I love it...
You change a thread completely around!!
It's about your shit support nothing to do with bury.
You cannot fill a 50 seat coach to watch the best footballing team in league2...
Talk about up your own arses....

What's happened to kel ???

Look at the furore... on 19:42 - Aug 23 with 3976 views442Dale

Look at the furore... on 19:26 - Aug 23 by gigger

I love it...
You cannot fill a 50 seat coach to watch the best footballing team in league2...

Can you clear up what happened with the forums yet?

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/board-statement-874900.aspx

You have asked, right?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Look at the furore... on 19:49 - Aug 23 with 3960 viewsdilligas

Bite bite. Every time. Keep on chomping giggler
Look at the furore... on 19:52 - Aug 23 with 3952 viewsDale_Pea

The way some of their posters talk about life up here really does baffle me. I love living around the Manchester area, always plenty to do. My grandparents live down in Devon and I get bored just going there for a weekend!

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Look at the furore... on 20:09 - Aug 23 with 3925 viewsTommoRAFC

Look at the furore... on 19:52 - Aug 23 by Dale_Pea

The way some of their posters talk about life up here really does baffle me. I love living around the Manchester area, always plenty to do. My grandparents live down in Devon and I get bored just going there for a weekend!

To be fair there's more than a few reasonable posts on there to make up for the crap posted by their crowd c**ters.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Look at the furore... on 20:31 - Aug 23 with 3882 viewsisitme

They do tend to miss out the 9 hour (without delays) round trip and the £100 fuel cost being factors that have prevented a lot of supporters travelling.
Look at the furore... on 20:41 - Aug 23 with 3861 viewsbucketsoutagain

I love it...

This is obviously not the gigger that said, and I quote, "I'll never take the piss out of your club again" as his own club bent over and offered its arse to any old (let's say property developer) schemer after they (yet again) overspent chasing a dream they'll never achieve. Or is it?
Look at the furore... on 20:59 - Aug 23 with 3824 viewsTVOS1907

I love it...

Must try harder.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024