Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans action 12:28 - Sep 7 with 25934 viewsBelfast

They has been a number of issues this season as the club has grown, some superficial I would say, but the main concern seems to be untrained staff at the club, and a lack of vision which directly affects income streams and more directly the fans who pay the wages, salaries etc ... To an extent.

The board may well have run its course, or - it may well be planning now to upgrade its thinking to compete more logically with supporter reaction. So - what would it take for the supporters to take a more direct approach to the problems raised this year ?

Are the board that untouchable that they feel nobody would directly tackle certain ineptitude, i mean they saved the club etc .... That no matter what went wrong on the surface they are kept safe from a more stronger fans reaction.

Just a thought. What would it take ?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 12:29]

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Fans action on 12:49 - Sep 7 with 11535 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fans action on 13:00 - Sep 7 with 11494 viewsBelfast

Fans action on 12:49 - Sep 7 by Darran

Im asking a question darran ...
Nothing more.
Broaden your outlook mate.

Fans action on 13:08 - Sep 7 with 11460 viewsBaker

Just playing devils advocate here, but if I were part of this Swansea dream team I'd be feeling pretty untouchable and quietly be thinking to myself that the fans should keep their f*cking noses out my business, keep their traps shut & that there is no manual on how to run a football club and to appreciate that our job as present guardian is always going to be work in progress.

In short: Do one, ya moaning bunch of c*nts - we can't do right for doing wrong!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 13:11]

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Fans action on 13:27 - Sep 7 with 11393 viewsDarran

Fans action on 13:08 - Sep 7 by Baker

Just playing devils advocate here, but if I were part of this Swansea dream team I'd be feeling pretty untouchable and quietly be thinking to myself that the fans should keep their f*cking noses out my business, keep their traps shut & that there is no manual on how to run a football club and to appreciate that our job as present guardian is always going to be work in progress.

In short: Do one, ya moaning bunch of c*nts - we can't do right for doing wrong!

The things is and i'm 100% serious when I say it that amongst all these ticketing problems,and there's no denying there has been there was a game at the Liberty Stadium two weeks ago that had we lost 5-1 instead of winning 5-1 could have been our last game in Europe for many many years,ticket prices were reduced but still we couldn't fill the smallest stadium in the EPL.
In other words no f*cker was interested.
I can see both sides of the argument and I'm really struggling to see why other LTF's can't.

Fans action on 13:34 - Sep 7 with 11356 viewsMattG

Fans action on 13:27 - Sep 7 by Darran

The things is and i'm 100% serious when I say it that amongst all these ticketing problems,and there's no denying there has been there was a game at the Liberty Stadium two weeks ago that had we lost 5-1 instead of winning 5-1 could have been our last game in Europe for many many years,ticket prices were reduced but still we couldn't fill the smallest stadium in the EPL.
I can see both sides of the argument and I'm really struggling to see why other LTF's can't.

Agree with this and made the same point at the time.
Fans action on 13:48 - Sep 7 with 11311 viewsWinchWenJack

What issues?

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Fans action on 14:17 - Sep 7 with 11257 viewsBelfast

Fans action on 13:08 - Sep 7 by Baker

If the directors dont want fans sticking their noses in their business, dont have a trust and call your self a fans club.

And its isnt their business BTW.

Just a thought.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 14:17]

Fans action on 15:00 - Sep 7 with 11174 viewsUxbridge

Fans action on 13:27 - Sep 7 by Darran

Not sure what point you're making tbh.

As for the OP, I think you can make genuine grievances whilst still appreciating the very good stuff that's done. It'd be a shame if either side couldn't see that. .

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans action on 15:07 - Sep 7 with 11152 viewsBelfast

Fans action on 15:00 - Sep 7 by Uxbridge

As for the OP, I think you can make genuine grievances whilst still appreciating the very good stuff that's done. It'd be a shame if either side couldn't see that. .

That is in agreement.

Once again !

Fans action on 15:10 - Sep 7 with 11143 viewsDarran

Fans action on 15:00 - Sep 7 by Uxbridge

Well one of the biggest points is the price of tickets isn't it,the uproar isn't really that they're £20 each its the fact that they're being sold in threes and most people don't have much interest in going to the Kuban Krasnodar and St Gallen games.

The club can't win.

Fans action on 15:11 - Sep 7 with 11135 viewsBelfast

Fans action on 15:10 - Sep 7 by Darran

Well one of the biggest points is the price of tickets isn't it,the uproar isn't really that they're £20 each its the fact that they're being sold in threes and most people don't have much interest in going to the Kuban Krasnodar and St Gallen games.

The club can't win.

The answer to that could be, dont buy three tickets, buy one.

My main gripe is the tone and attitude of the people selling tickets, and I know of at least five people who have had the phone put down on them and who have experienced rudeness.

Especially lately.

One guy wanted a ticket as he was FLYING in from Paris for a game, it took him over an hour on the phone and the attitude was appalling.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 15:13]

Fans action on 15:19 - Sep 7 with 11095 viewsUxbridge

The club can't win.

They could if they say tickets for those were a tenner each or offered any real sort of incentive. 70 quid for three on general sale is far too much.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Fans action on 15:28 - Sep 7 with 11063 viewsexiledclaseboy

The club can't win.

You're not being forced to buy as a three, game by game tickets are still available. My problem is the pricing and the apparent refusal to recognise that to fill grounds for Europe League games tickets need to be priced sensibly. It's not unusual for the group games of this tournament to be played at half empty grounds, if we wanted to avoid that they should have considered the pricing and set it sensibly. I suggested a £45 "three game ticket".

Poll: Tory leader

Fans action on 15:31 - Sep 7 with 11059 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oh, I've just noticed that the price for Valencia is a fiver more than for the other two games.

Oh dear. Who sanctioned this idiocy?

Fans action on 15:48 - Sep 7 with 11011 viewsouttolunch

Fans action on 14:17 - Sep 7 by Belfast

If the directors dont want fans sticking their noses in their business, dont have a trust and call your self a fans club.

And its isnt their business BTW.

Just a thought.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 14:17]

eh. Yes it is their business. Try taking the shares off them. What a silly comment
Fans action on 15:55 - Sep 7 with 10989 viewsDarran

Fans action on 15:31 - Sep 7 by exiledclaseboy

Oh, I've just noticed that the price for Valencia is a fiver more than for the other two games.

Oh dear. Who sanctioned this idiocy?

Unfortunately that's the way it is, Man United is dearer than Stoke etc.

Apparently the plan is to be giving away free tickets to schools too if we expand the stadium something as you know I've always been against.

Fans action on 15:57 - Sep 7 with 10971 viewsPhaedrus

Who is going to run the new club after the revolution? Who is to say they will do any better a job? This is like Animal Farm(George Orwell version)

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Fans action on 15:59 - Sep 7 with 10961 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fans action on 15:55 - Sep 7 by Darran

Unfortunately that's the way it is, Man United is dearer than Stoke etc.

Apparently the plan is to be giving away free tickets to schools too if we expand the stadium something as you know I've always been against.

If that its the plan then it's something I'm completely in favour of. But they need to start thinking about the current pricing structure and remembering (as others have pointed out) that Swansea and south Wales in general isn't exactly rolling in disposable income these days.

Fans action on 16:00 - Sep 7 with 10952 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fans action on 15:57 - Sep 7 by Phaedrus

Who is going to run the new club after the revolution? Who is to say they will do any better a job? This is like Animal Farm(George Orwell version)

No, it's really not. It's just a few people having a debate about the ticket prices at the football club we all support.

Fans action on 16:06 - Sep 7 with 10930 viewslifelong

Fans action on 15:59 - Sep 7 by exiledclaseboy

If that its the plan then it's something I'm completely in favour of. But they need to start thinking about the current pricing structure and remembering (as others have pointed out) that Swansea and south Wales in general isn't exactly rolling in disposable income these days.

Is it really a financial decision people will make whether they attend the first two games, or, will it be the standard of the opposition?

I suspect if we were playing bigger clubs £60 or £30 would suddenly become readily available?
Fans action on 16:14 - Sep 7 with 10901 viewsDarran

Fans action on 16:06 - Sep 7 by lifelong

Is it really a financial decision people will make whether they attend the first two games, or, will it be the standard of the opposition?

I suspect if we were playing bigger clubs £60 or £30 would suddenly become readily available?

Exactly,absolutely spot on.

Fans action on 16:17 - Sep 7 with 10878 viewsexiledclaseboy

I suspect it'll be a combination of the two to be honest. It's natural that less people may want to attend the games against Kuban and the other, Swiss team whose name escapes me. Which is yet another reason why the pricing structure should be sensible. The club are quick enough to up the prices by a tenner when we play the likes of Man Utd and Man City, recognsing that the demand will be there and we're expected not to complain. So they should reciprocate by recognising that St Gallen (it's just come back to me) is not necessarily an attractive prospect on an autumn weeknight when the game will be live on TV and set prices accordingly.

Fans action on 16:21 - Sep 7 with 10856 viewsNeath_Jack

Yeah, well that's pretty obvious isnt it. People will always pick and choose the games they'll attend, but the ticket prices should reflect the standard of the opposition.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Fans action on 16:22 - Sep 7 with 10850 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fans action on 16:21 - Sep 7 by Neath_Jack

Yeah, well that's pretty obvious isnt it. People will always pick and choose the games they'll attend, but the ticket prices should reflect the standard of the opposition.

Like they do when the opposition is Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool et al. Only seems to work one way though.

Fans action on 16:23 - Sep 7 with 10846 viewsNeath_Jack

Fans action on 16:22 - Sep 7 by exiledclaseboy

Like they do when the opposition is Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool et al. Only seems to work one way though.

Exactly.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024