Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mass murder in Kenya 07:25 - Sep 22 with 22590 viewsloftboy

All in the name of that peacefull religion again

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mass murder in Kenya on 08:25 - Sep 22 with 8954 viewsQPRDave

Yeah lovely crowd ain't they?...Should be banned
Mass murder in Kenya on 08:25 - Sep 22 with 8949 viewsGloucs_R

100 killed in Iraq too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mass murder in Kenya on 09:34 - Sep 22 with 8857 viewsscot1963

and on a global peace and ceasefire day

(I know this only because I looked to see if there was some reason for a small hippy gathering in our local park, with a bloke dressed in what can only be described as a striped velour dressing gown playing a guitar and singing give peace a chance (etc, etc) in what constitutes a festival here)
Mass murder in Kenya on 09:49 - Sep 22 with 8814 viewshoopstar67

Just cowards,easy to kill innocent people,have to say watching BBC news and seeing what seemed to be a mother,father and young daughter dead together on the ground brought me to tears, i can never understand how there are people who can do this sort of barbarism in the name or religion.
Mass murder in Kenya on 09:53 - Sep 22 with 8805 viewsexiled_dictator

In it's true interpretation, Islam is a peaceful religion.
The problem is that there are so many interpretations of what the Quran actually says, that any group of people can stand up and commit mass-murdering atrocities all in the name of Islam.
What a total load of hogwash.

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE LIKE THIS.

They are not. There is a tiny small minority of Muslims who we refer to as mosquitoes; they like to buzz very loudly and cause trouble.
Trust me on this one, the majority of Muslims are honest working, good law abiding people. What you have seen in Kenya is al-Shabab Somali militants, an incredibly radical extreme group of Muslims who want to take over a particular part of East Africa. They are another tentacle of Al Qaeda, under the influence of radical clerics in Afghanistan & Iraq, ultimately controlled by Ayman al-Zawahiri.
Again, they might represent a particular thought within Islam, but it does not represent the majority of us.
Your brush is far too fat to include all Muslims with your brush strokes.
It's like saying that all Christians are like Pastor Terry Jones, and this is clearly not the case. Or is it?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Mass murder in Kenya on 09:57 - Sep 22 with 8793 viewsscot1963

no one has mentioned all Muslims
Mass murder in Kenya on 10:05 - Sep 22 with 8766 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mass murder in Kenya on 09:53 - Sep 22 by exiled_dictator

The problem is that there are so many interpretations of what the Quran actually says, that any group of people can stand up and commit mass-murdering atrocities all in the name of Islam.

They are not. There is a tiny small minority of Muslims who we refer to as mosquitoes; they like to buzz very loudly and cause trouble.
Trust me on this one, the majority of Muslims are honest working, good law abiding people. What you have seen in Kenya is al-Shabab Somali militants, an incredibly radical extreme group of Muslims who want to take over a particular part of East Africa. They are another tentacle of Al Qaeda, under the influence of radical clerics in Afghanistan & Iraq, ultimately controlled by Ayman al-Zawahiri.
Again, they might represent a particular thought within Islam, but it does not represent the majority of us.
It's like saying that all Christians are like Pastor Terry Jones, and this is clearly not the case. Or is it?

"In it's true interpretation, Islam is a peaceful religion. "

Always worth remembering.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mass murder in Kenya on 10:05 - Sep 22 with 8763 viewssmegma

Ban all religions ???
Login to get fewer ads

Mass murder in Kenya on 10:08 - Sep 22 with 8752 viewsJuzzie

Exiled,don't worry. I think most people know that in it's purest form it's peaceful and that it's a minority that twist it for their own evil intentions but as someone said on another thread, people are getting tired of hearing muslim this, muslim that every time they turn n the news.
Mass murder in Kenya on 10:16 - Sep 22 with 8729 viewswood_hoop

Mass murder in Kenya on 09:57 - Sep 22 by scot1963

no one has mentioned all Muslims

I think that most recognise that not all Muslims are wanna be mass murderers and wish to turn the world into a Caliphate state, but just how small is a minority ?

Seems to me there are more than enough that support the 'cause' to be a major concern, many Muslims support the more radical extremes than can ever be considered a few 'mosquitos', I would look at it as more of a plague.

Its only a matter of time before an attempt to hit the 'West' again by a 9/11 or 7/7, the security forces may have prevented some plots already but just how could they prevent what's going down in Kenya happening in Westfield next week.
Mass murder in Kenya on 10:48 - Sep 22 with 8680 viewskysersosaqpr

Mass murder in Kenya on 10:05 - Sep 22 by smegma

Ban all religions ???

"I thank God every day that he made me an atheist"

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:03 - Sep 22 with 8645 viewsDoughnut

Mass murder in Kenya on 10:05 - Sep 22 by smegma

Ban all religions ???

WTF should we???? It aint Church of England fanatics murdering in Kenya. It wasn't Hindus that killed Lee Rigby. It wasnt Catholic fundamentalists that blew people to bits on the tube and bus in 2005. And it wasnt the Jews who slammed two airliners into the twin towers...or Bali, or Madrid or Beslan.......etc...etc!!!!
Mass murder in Kenya on 11:04 - Sep 22 with 8642 viewsDesertBoot

Mass murder in Kenya on 10:48 - Sep 22 by kysersosaqpr

This

Wish I could be like David Watts

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:09 - Sep 22 with 8613 viewsSpiritofGregory

Why they have to go to other countries and cause trouble and wind people up is beyond me? Don't understand why Muslims can't just live in their Islamic countries where they can practice their religion how they like.
Mass murder in Kenya on 11:10 - Sep 22 with 8619 viewsDoughnut

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Yes...Spot On!!!
Mass murder in Kenya on 11:10 - Sep 22 with 8615 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Or because it's complex?

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:12 - Sep 22 with 8613 viewsN12Hoop

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:03 - Sep 22 by Doughnut

WTF should we???? It aint Church of England fanatics murdering in Kenya. It wasn't Hindus that killed Lee Rigby. It wasnt Catholic fundamentalists that blew people to bits on the tube and bus in 2005. And it wasnt the Jews who slammed two airliners into the twin towers...or Bali, or Madrid or Beslan.......etc...etc!!!!

Amen.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:12 - Sep 22 with 8612 viewsessextaxiboy

When the Muslim Council condemn these attacks I get the feeling they are just going through the motions.

When will we see an arrest of a radical through intelligence provided by the Muslim community .

IMO Never .
Mass murder in Kenya on 11:20 - Sep 22 with 8588 viewsozranger

My two pence worth, and I'd like to hear Exiled's view on this, is the reaction of the Clerics to this. I mean those who profess Islam the way it should be. To me, these radicals are not followers of Islam and perhaps that religion needs to consider its position on this. As Westerners see it, Islam may verbally criticise the radicals, but they do not go any further and thus to Westerners, they are all lumped together. I do understand that Islamists believe that all who follow the Quran are followers of Islam, but if the real Islam were to ostracise the fundamentalists, "ex-communicating" them as it may be said, then perhaps Western reactions to this could be considered differently. As you say, these are mosquitos and to me, just pure criminals hiding under the banner of religion. If they were unable to call themselves Islamists, I would look forward to see how the world reacts.

Then of course, there is the militarist discourse. That being, the historic considerations of Israel, its connections to the US, and the Arab world. The legacy of the US/Israel alliance versus the world has seen much outrage among a number of religions, but that is something to be discussed over a number of pints.
Mass murder in Kenya on 11:27 - Sep 22 with 8563 viewsBrianMcCarthy

True.

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:42 - Sep 22 with 8534 viewsTacticalR

But does 'religion' actually explain anything?

Does it explain why Britain killed over 100,000 people in Kenya in the 1950s?
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/82019

Air hostess clique

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:44 - Sep 22 with 8525 viewsWesty75

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:27 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

True.

Talk about banning any religion is plainly daft.

And generalising about perpetrators and victims is unhelpful...Muslims kill Christians, Christians kill Hindus, Buddhists kill Muslims. Humans kill humans....
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/1000strong-burmese-buddhist-mob-bur
Mass murder in Kenya on 11:45 - Sep 22 with 2271 viewsSpiritofGregory

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:20 - Sep 22 by ozranger

My two pence worth, and I'd like to hear Exiled's view on this, is the reaction of the Clerics to this. I mean those who profess Islam the way it should be. To me, these radicals are not followers of Islam and perhaps that religion needs to consider its position on this. As Westerners see it, Islam may verbally criticise the radicals, but they do not go any further and thus to Westerners, they are all lumped together. I do understand that Islamists believe that all who follow the Quran are followers of Islam, but if the real Islam were to ostracise the fundamentalists, "ex-communicating" them as it may be said, then perhaps Western reactions to this could be considered differently. As you say, these are mosquitos and to me, just pure criminals hiding under the banner of religion. If they were unable to call themselves Islamists, I would look forward to see how the world reacts.

Then of course, there is the militarist discourse. That being, the historic considerations of Israel, its connections to the US, and the Arab world. The legacy of the US/Israel alliance versus the world has seen much outrage among a number of religions, but that is something to be discussed over a number of pints.

I'm fed up with hearing lets talk to this group and that group, what good does it do?

The time for talking is over, people need to rise up and find their voice again and if you don't like something say it and deal with it. We don't live in a free society, we have to stomach happly clappy rubbish from the political elite. We get more frustrated and they live in tree lined avenues, acquire more wealth and send their children to private schools.

There is an illusion in this country that we are all living happily together. We are living seperately, with different values and this will lead to trouble.
Mass murder in Kenya on 11:46 - Sep 22 with 2272 viewscheeseydane

Mass murder in Kenya on 10:48 - Sep 22 by kysersosaqpr

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Mass murder in Kenya on 11:51 - Sep 22 with 2255 viewsTHEBUSH

Mass murder in Kenya on 09:53 - Sep 22 by exiled_dictator

The problem is exiled, is that not enough people like yourself, speak out against the mass murderers in your religion, it seems like the muslim apologists rule !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024