Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trouble in Legoland 22:39 - Oct 8 with 49288 viewsBig_Phil

Malckie's right-hand man suspended....got someone new in from Khazakstan.....

Lots of rumours doing the rounds given texts I just got from my 'friends' down East...

Sit back and watch it unfold boys!!!
Trouble in Legoland on 18:55 - Oct 9 with 2575 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 18:53 - Oct 9 by Darran

Just said on the Welsh news he was decorating the inside of the stadium during the summer.

Which was "stated" on a message board, became part of the media story. Who knows? He may have been, he may not have been.

Sadly, that's the problem with the media these days. Something like that adds to the agenda of the story presentation.

EDIT : I mean, take the ITK mb. Ankles claims Borley has sold his shares to Tan. Borley via twitter stated Tan has agreed a deal to buy the shares held by Borley's company, CMB. Bit of a difference there, but which version gets claimed everywhere?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2013 18:58]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Trouble in Legoland on 18:57 - Oct 9 with 2563 viewsPacemaker

Trouble in Legoland on 17:32 - Oct 9 by reddythered

Right, now I can actually think straight, let's start from the beginning.

WalesOnline broke the story yesterday; looking at it, a few things strike me as odd.

The report states Moody was suspended. It then claims he "left his post". So what was the real sequence of events? Did Moody resign, was he fired or was he suspended and given the option to resign or be fired?

This is an interesting one for me. Tan doesn't strike me as being someone to pussyfoot around. If he wanted Moody gone, he'd have been gone. So, assuming Moody was suspended, chances are something happened to cause a suspension.

I'm not going to speculate aloud on here - because that's all it can be, speculation - but I can think of several possibilities for a suspension. Usually, you'd be looking at things like behaviour in the workplace or breaches of contract in those instances. Easy enough to think of scenarios that could fit that.

Article then claims this is "likely" to unsettle Mackay. That's entirely the opinion of the article writer. IF events happened that caused a valid suspension and Malky was aware of that, then only Malky would know if it unsettles him. For all anyone knows, Malky may agree with the suspension, depending upon what actually happened. Friendship is friendship, can't always be blind loyalty.

Tan wants his own man overseeing transfers. Well, that's according to the journalistic cliche "We have been told", an unsubstantiated source.

Apsalyamov hasn't been listed on the club website ( always slow to update anyway ) or, gasp, in the match programme. Conclusive proof there of something.

It's also believed he's been shadowing Moody. Again, not a fact. If Apsalyamov had been shadowing Moody, nobody knows the reason why. Maybe he was shadowing to be brought in to assist Moody. Who knows? It would certainly make sense in the view of a suspension that someone with knowledge however great or small of the way we do things takes over in the interim until either Moody returns or a replacement is brought in.

Any and everything after that is pure rumour and speculation, including this post. The club have not as yet made any official comment so only one side of the issue has been made public. Due to the lack of public comment by the club, the article is taking two plus two, possibly coming up with four, possibly coming up with five.

Reddy had you heard of Moody before this story broke?

A mate of mine who is a long standing ST holder down there reckons he has never heard of Moody and it's all a Mail and Echo vendetta.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Trouble in Legoland on 19:03 - Oct 9 with 2529 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 18:57 - Oct 9 by Pacemaker

Reddy had you heard of Moody before this story broke?

A mate of mine who is a long standing ST holder down there reckons he has never heard of Moody and it's all a Mail and Echo vendetta.

Yeah, I'd heard of him.

Mackay wanted his own staff in, wanted everything revamped around the backroom. Moody et al came with Mackay from Watford, Watford fans not happy.

Most people wouldn't have heard of Moody. Head of Recruitment is hardly the most public facing role at the club, so he'd have a low profile. Then again, the media claim he's the Chief Scout, so...

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a Mail and Echo vendetta, but it's undeniable that local newspaper sales are down, jobs are being cut. Nice juicy stories could save people's jobs down there. It's still a fact that the story is incredibly light on facts and full of guesswork and supposition, it's not the first time this has happened. Even with further articles on the story, there are still galring inaccuracies.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Trouble in Legoland on 19:25 - Oct 9 with 2432 viewspencoedjack

Trouble in Legoland on 19:03 - Oct 9 by reddythered

Yeah, I'd heard of him.

Mackay wanted his own staff in, wanted everything revamped around the backroom. Moody et al came with Mackay from Watford, Watford fans not happy.

Most people wouldn't have heard of Moody. Head of Recruitment is hardly the most public facing role at the club, so he'd have a low profile. Then again, the media claim he's the Chief Scout, so...

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a Mail and Echo vendetta, but it's undeniable that local newspaper sales are down, jobs are being cut. Nice juicy stories could save people's jobs down there. It's still a fact that the story is incredibly light on facts and full of guesswork and supposition, it's not the first time this has happened. Even with further articles on the story, there are still galring inaccuracies.

Keep burying your head in the sand mush
Trouble in Legoland on 19:27 - Oct 9 with 2412 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 19:25 - Oct 9 by pencoedjack

Keep burying your head in the sand mush

Sigh...

As I stated, I'd rather wait for facts rather than judge based upon a media embellished story devoid of actual facts. If Moody did what I suspect, a suspension would have been justified. Note the use of the word "if".

After all, I seem to recall the media stating Laudrup was off, arguments with Huw etc. Remind me again how much of that was accurate?

Trouble in Legoland on 19:29 - Oct 9 with 2365 viewsNeathJack

Trouble in Legoland on 19:27 - Oct 9 by reddythered

Sigh...

As I stated, I'd rather wait for facts rather than judge based upon a media embellished story devoid of actual facts. If Moody did what I suspect, a suspension would have been justified. Note the use of the word "if".

After all, I seem to recall the media stating Laudrup was off, arguments with Huw etc. Remind me again how much of that was accurate?

What is it you suspect he did?
Trouble in Legoland on 19:32 - Oct 9 with 2349 viewspencoedjack

Trouble in Legoland on 19:27 - Oct 9 by reddythered

Sigh...

& if I remember you gloated ...
Trouble in Legoland on 19:37 - Oct 9 with 2324 viewsDaggyjack

CCFC, The club that keeps giving!!
Login to get fewer ads

Trouble in Legoland on 19:38 - Oct 9 with 2311 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 19:32 - Oct 9 by pencoedjack

& if I remember you gloated ...

Don't recall that tbh. If I did I'd almost certainly put smilies in it to indicate not being serious. I'm well aware of media bs being precisely that.

Trouble in Legoland on 19:42 - Oct 9 with 2301 viewspencoedjack

Trouble in Legoland on 19:38 - Oct 9 by reddythered

Don't recall that tbh. If I did I'd almost certainly put smilies in it to indicate not being serious. I'm well aware of media bs being precisely that.

I tell you what ..... I will keep believing in what Huw Jenkins says you keeping believing in that nice Uncle Vinny
Trouble in Legoland on 19:42 - Oct 9 with 2296 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 19:29 - Oct 9 by NeathJack

What is it you suspect he did?

Unfair question.

Anything I wrote would be mere speculation, as everything else written about it has been. If I wrote any allegations, they may well be potentially libellous and I've too much respect for Phil to expose this board to any potential action, as unlikely as it may be.

I'd be surprised if others hadn't speculated similarly to my thoughts elsewhere, though.

EDIT: And having looked at our boards, it seems to have happened.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2013 19:45]

Trouble in Legoland on 19:44 - Oct 9 with 2288 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 19:42 - Oct 9 by pencoedjack

I tell you what ..... I will keep believing in what Huw Jenkins says you keeping believing in that nice Uncle Vinny

I'm not.

Mostly because Tan and the club haven't commented.

If the suspension was bogus, I'm firmly in the Tan out club from that point forward.

I'd just rather wait for facts to emerge.

Trouble in Legoland on 19:45 - Oct 9 with 2281 viewsNeathJack

Trouble in Legoland on 19:42 - Oct 9 by reddythered

Unfair question.

Anything I wrote would be mere speculation, as everything else written about it has been. If I wrote any allegations, they may well be potentially libellous and I've too much respect for Phil to expose this board to any potential action, as unlikely as it may be.

I'd be surprised if others hadn't speculated similarly to my thoughts elsewhere, though.

EDIT: And having looked at our boards, it seems to have happened.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2013 19:45]

So you think he was passing info to the Daily Mail then.
Trouble in Legoland on 19:48 - Oct 9 with 2254 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 19:45 - Oct 9 by NeathJack

So you think he was passing info to the Daily Mail then.

You said that, not me.

* looks nervously for lawyers watching *

But in the hypothetical scenario where an employee of a business was passing confidential information to external parties, hypothetically of course, then most if not all businesses would suspend / fire that employee. Hypothetically of course. Especially if that employee had a previous role which involved working with and making contacts within the area the external party worked in. Hypothetically.

Trouble in Legoland on 20:31 - Oct 9 with 2151 viewsJonnyTheJack

What makes me laugh is i've seen some comments from Cardiff fans saying this is the final straw etc. The sacking of this scout is the final straw? not the change to red and end of an 100 odd year history?

f*cking heads gone
Trouble in Legoland on 20:39 - Oct 9 with 2121 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 20:31 - Oct 9 by JonnyTheJack

What makes me laugh is i've seen some comments from Cardiff fans saying this is the final straw etc. The sacking of this scout is the final straw? not the change to red and end of an 100 odd year history?

f*cking heads gone

He wasn't a scout.

End of a 100 odd year history? Seriously? When did the nickname become "Bluebirds" and why? How often has the badge changed?

Serious hyperbole.

Trouble in Legoland on 20:48 - Oct 9 with 2090 viewsepaul

A poem on this situation by Steve Tanner

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Trouble in Legoland on 20:49 - Oct 9 with 2084 viewssomersetsimon

"wanted everything revamped around the backroom."

Don't you mean "repainted"?
Trouble in Legoland on 20:56 - Oct 9 with 2052 viewssunshinehead

Trouble in Legoland on 19:03 - Oct 9 by reddythered

Yeah, I'd heard of him.

Amazing.
Trouble in Legoland on 21:07 - Oct 9 with 2015 viewsaberdude

Trouble in Legoland on 23:02 - Oct 8 by PozuelosSideys

Despite his brand of football being dour, Malky does seem to be a geniune bloke. If the rumours are true he would be offski. He'd have no problem finding another job

silly billy
Trouble in Legoland on 21:13 - Oct 9 with 1987 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 21:07 - Oct 9 by aberdude

silly billy

No, Malky would get another job.

The turnaround from the mess Dave Jones left has been impressive.

Trouble in Legoland on 21:17 - Oct 9 with 1970 viewsDr_Winston

Trouble in Legoland on 21:13 - Oct 9 by reddythered

No, Malky would get another job.

The turnaround from the mess Dave Jones left has been impressive.

The mess that saw you finish in the playoff positions for about three years in a row? One wonders how he managed to turn that around with only several million pounds to spend.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trouble in Legoland on 21:21 - Oct 9 with 1958 viewsaberdude

Trouble in Legoland on 21:17 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

The mess that saw you finish in the playoff positions for about three years in a row? One wonders how he managed to turn that around with only several million pounds to spend.

well he went on and won the fking title init>>>>>that's how he turned it around.....it doesn't get better than that does it??

malky will stay I hope....storm in a china tea cup if you ask me
Trouble in Legoland on 21:36 - Oct 9 with 1905 viewsreddythered

Trouble in Legoland on 21:17 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

Jones to be fair kept us in the division, progressed. Jones inherited a first team squad of 12 players.

When he left, Jones claimed he'd left us in a far better state. With a first team squad on 10 players. Also stated any following manager would have to do better than him.

Mackay got us into the playoffs having rebuilt the squad, backroom staff his first year, Carling Cup final. Still with a small squad, out on their feet end of season.

Second season, wins the Championship.

To claim Mackay hasn't done a fantastic job well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Trouble in Legoland on 21:40 - Oct 9 with 1885 viewsaberdude

Trouble in Legoland on 21:36 - Oct 9 by reddythered

Jones to be fair kept us in the division, progressed. Jones inherited a first team squad of 12 players.

When he left, Jones claimed he'd left us in a far better state. With a first team squad on 10 players. Also stated any following manager would have to do better than him.

Mackay got us into the playoffs having rebuilt the squad, backroom staff his first year, Carling Cup final. Still with a small squad, out on their feet end of season.

Second season, wins the Championship.

To claim Mackay hasn't done a fantastic job well, you're entitled to your opinion.

methinks its him not thinking if he`s honest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024