Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Famous Swansea City 19:01 - Nov 3 with 7905 viewsstonedroller

apart from Zeta Jones and Joes Icecream, what is Swansea actually famous for?

and bollox to our 'sandy beaches and the gower' because to be quite frank, they aren't the best, brown/green waters, shite weather, hardly any parking or ease of access to them and on the whole no one has ever heard of them.

Forget the football for a minute and think of what is great about Swansea, there isn't much is there? especially when them tossers up the road make mugs of us.
The Famous Swansea City on 15:39 - Nov 7 with 964 viewsUxbridge

The Famous Swansea City on 15:22 - Nov 7 by BLAZE

Park up outside Shepherds coffee shop in Parkmill. Across the road next to the Maes yr Haf restaurant there's a lane which leads to a trail through the woods. Follow that for 5 minutes and it opens out into a beautiful valley with a river running through it, which eventually leads into Three Cliffs bay. There's something stunning about that valley - very peaceful

Aye, that's the jobby. Absolutely stunning.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Famous Swansea City on 16:32 - Nov 7 with 939 viewsperchrockjack

Yeah was doing that from about 1963 ads used to cycle with chums there pick up and carry bikes over the sandy river valley then climb the Cliffs.
Shepherds were robbing bastards and I once got caught in the Ford in one of my cars.
See I remember

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Famous Swansea City on 16:38 - Nov 7 with 936 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Famous Swansea City on 15:22 - Nov 7 by BLAZE

Park up outside Shepherds coffee shop in Parkmill. Across the road next to the Maes yr Haf restaurant there's a lane which leads to a trail through the woods. Follow that for 5 minutes and it opens out into a beautiful valley with a river running through it, which eventually leads into Three Cliffs bay. There's something stunning about that valley - very peaceful

Thank you, sound great. Went to three cliffs with an ex on a coach trip back in the early 80,s. Just could,nt work out how to get there by foot. Thanks again
The Famous Swansea City on 16:39 - Nov 7 with 934 viewsperchrockjack

you can alos park at Soputhgatre and go over the cliffs to Pobbles then three cliffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Famous Swansea City on 17:58 - Nov 7 with 917 viewsChief

The Famous Swansea City on 15:17 - Nov 6 by deanscfc

Swansea, the city is not so great these days...but still has amazing coastline etc.

But having lived off and on in Cardiff for many years I can say that Cardiff is not great either. Yes, the bay is ok but that is literally only a hundred metres or so that is nice and then you have Bute street, run down docks etc. Queens Arcade is good for retail shopping I suppose but as a bloke, I hate shopping anyway. Plenty of areas which aren't so nice...Ely, Grangetown, Splott etc...many of them quite central.

I prefer Swansea because I find it more relaxing/enyoable....but a night out is better in Cardiff.

disagree, too many soulless chain pubs that are too far apart. don't get me wrong its a good night out, but I think many take Wind Street for granted

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Famous Swansea City on 19:10 - Nov 7 with 906 viewsjack_lord

I think the key to improving the city centre may lye with the locals and small shops and restaurants. A lot of the chains still ignore Swansea which opens up opportunies (though costly).
I was in Haverfordwest this morning and spoke to a lad I knew who said he saw me in Swansea yesterday. Asked him what he was doing and he said Christmas shopping. Glad to see that people down west will still stop here to shop.
The Three Cliffs Walk from Shepherds was the one my mum made us do when we were kids which I find weird now as it only takes a couple of minutes from Penmaen.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024