Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? 15:35 - Dec 8 with 9263 viewshbk4894

for example , your best mate being in Eastenders.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 22:41 - Dec 8 with 1932 viewsDale_Pea

Distant relative of Robert Peel. Still don't get discount when I go in though, gits.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 23:01 - Dec 8 with 1901 viewschuckleberry

A friend at work's brother is in Elbow; they played at her wedding.

I interviewed Kylie Minogue for Key103

Whilst in Devon a couple of years ago for an away game we witnessed a bloke being arrested. On Cops With Cameras you can clearly see me having a good old nosey.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 23:16 - Dec 8 with 1881 viewsTVOS1907

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 22:40 - Dec 8 by roccydaleian

About 14/15 years ago, had a few away days with David Kilpatrick and met Steve Davis in the board room at Leyton Orient, and Peter Shilton was in a box with us at Hartlepool. Both true gents.

Hope it wasn't one of Killy's 'boxes'.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 01:58 - Dec 9 with 1837 viewsTomRAFC

I performed a couple of nights at the comedy store in 2008 and ended up getting w@nkered with Justin Moorhouse.

Peter Hook was also in the audience at one of my acoustic sets around the same time.

Also once spent an evening in the company of Steve Davis a few years back. He is a friend of my dads. True gent and really knows his music. He even bought me a pint.

[Post edited 9 Dec 2013 11:15]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 03:13 - Dec 9 with 1834 viewspioneer

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 19:51 - Dec 8 by TalkingSutty

My step mum was Dr steptoes anaetsthatist at the birth of Louise Brown, the first Test tube baby. That was a historic moment.

I was delivered by him, according to my mother.

Sat next to Kenny Dalglish at the England v Italy game at 1980 Euros in Turin

Bumped into Bobby Robson at Pompei during the same tournament

Sat next to Fergie at the USSR v New Zealand game at 82 world cup in Malaga
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 05:35 - Dec 9 with 1825 viewsdavidab2202

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 22:41 - Dec 8 by Dale_Pea

Distant relative of Robert Peel. Still don't get discount when I go in though, gits.

Small world !!My Son-in-Law is also on Peel family tree,his Grannies maiden name was Peel.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 05:42 - Dec 9 with 1822 viewsdavidab2202

Used to be Bobby Balls milkman.

Chatted to Robbie Savage in Manchester Airport after being on same flight back from Cyprus this summer
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 08:06 - Dec 9 with 1799 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 20:43 - Dec 8 by TVOS1907

She wasn't the Headmaster either as I've not seen her picture on the wall. I'll look tomorrow though.

Look again, she's not always had the moustache.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 10:57 - Dec 9 with 1742 viewsste1

Went for an Italian in Bournemouth with the queen of Spain (this actually happened).

Split beer on Dominic Cooper at a party.

Er, that's it.

On a pale blue dot

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 16:34 - Dec 9 with 1654 viewsDale_Pea

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 05:35 - Dec 9 by davidab2202

Small world !!My Son-in-Law is also on Peel family tree,his Grannies maiden name was Peel.

Small world indeed! I'll have to get on to my dad or my grandma about where the link is with my family.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:09 - Dec 9 with 1632 views49thseason

In 2009 I travelled to Northern Cyprus to meet a company interested in selling my software in Turkey. They picked me up from my hotel in Kyrenia and took me to an office block where I spent the day negotiating with Asil Nadir (who had skipped the UK to avoid charges following the Polly Peck affair). I had no idea who owned the company as I had set it all up with his "manager" who turned out to be a former SAS minder, as were several guys around the office, particularly the one at the foot of the stairs (the offices were on the first floor) with an alarmingly large bulge under one arm. During the meeting he kept interrupting to take calls from the leader of the National Unity Party which later won the 2009 election thanks to the support of Nadirs newspaper and TV channel ( for which his company was later given the contract to run the main airport in N Cyprus) Next morning one of the "minders" took me back to the airport, marched to the front of the queue , no passport control, no baggage check, just put straight onto the plane and back to the UK. I was very grateful to get back to Stansted.
I still have his personal number in an old phone., but as he is serving 10 years inside at the moment I don't expect its much use.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:13 - Dec 9 with 1632 views49thseason

In 2009 I travelled to Northern Cyprus to meet a company interested in selling my software in Turkey. They picked me up from my hotel in Kyrenia and took me to an office block where I spent the day negotiating with Asil Nadir (who had skipped the UK to avoid charges following the Polly Peck affair). I had no idea who owned the company as I had set it all up with his "manager" who turned out to be a former SAS minder, as were several guys around the office, particularly the one at the foot of the stairs (the offices were on the first floor) with an alarmingly large bulge under one arm. During the meeting he kept interrupting to take calls from the leader of the National Unity Party which later won the 2009 election thanks to the support of Nadirs newspaper and TV channel ( for which his company was later given the contract to run the main airport in N Cyprus) Next morning one of the "minders" took me back to the airport, marched to the front of the queue , no passport control, no baggage check, just put straight onto the plane and back to the UK. I was very grateful to get back to Stansted.
I still have his personal number in an old phone., but as he is serving 10 years inside at the moment I don't expect its much use.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:34 - Dec 9 with 1612 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I played in the same cricket team as Curtly Ambrose when I was 17.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 20:00 - Dec 9 with 1562 viewsBirchy915

Don't know how relevant this is but my Great Great Uncle was the president of the British South Africa Company and close friends with H G Wells, Bertrand Russell and Lord Milner (A member of Lloyd Georges War Cabinet).
Also 49thseason is my Dad.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 20:13 - Dec 9 with 1549 viewsmaybee

I have played tennis against former Wimbledon runner up Roscoe Tanner....and beaten him infront of about 6-700 people, and I've played four times at Wimbledon, winning each time, and somehow becoming British Champion at owd bugger level. I was also the only unbeaten British player in the European Team championships in 2007...played 3 won 3.

I also sit next to the DJ at home games...surely no bigger claim to fame.

Oh and I was once mistaken for Bobby Charlton, when waiting to be presented with an award by....Bobby Charlton!!!
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 20:27 - Dec 9 with 1532 viewsrochedale

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 22:40 - Dec 8 by roccydaleian

About 14/15 years ago, had a few away days with David Kilpatrick and met Steve Davis in the board room at Leyton Orient, and Peter Shilton was in a box with us at Hartlepool. Both true gents.

I will call your beer with Steve and Pete and raise you a duo with Steve Simmons who was the lead singer with 70's one hit wonder band Jigsaw... You've blown it all sky high!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 20:37 - Dec 9 with 1518 viewswimborne_dale

I once bowled, in a youth fixture, to Hugh Morris. Clearly he was several cuts above the rest of us but I remember thinking "He's clearly going places, if I can only get him out..." it didn't happen. He went on to play for England. I didn't.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 20:53 - Dec 9 with 1493 viewsbaroniser

Beat Lewis Smith and Daniel Keatings with bury gymnastics club to become north west champions in my younger, thinner days. My old head teacher, and now current boss, is the brother of David from Heartbeat. That's about it for me.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 22:31 - Dec 9 with 1444 viewsVespa

My Great Great Grandmother was the niece of Isambard Kingdom Brunell.

I trip George Best up(totally by accident) outside the Piccadilly hotel. He stunk of beer.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 22:42 - Dec 9 with 1429 viewsmacro

I met Stuart hall when he did summarising at Spotland a few years ago
I also bumped into felicity Kendall when in London a couple of years ago
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 21:17 - Dec 10 with 1320 viewsDale1940

Worked at HQ 2nd TAF for Group Captain HRA (Jumbo) Edwards who was an olympic gold medallist and coach of Oxford boat race crew .Appeared at the Royal Albert Hall in the 1950 Festival of Rememberance as a RAF apprentice.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 21:43 - Dec 10 with 1300 viewsdaleuxb

my uncle was Ron Flowers who was in the 1966 world cup winning squad , played 49 times for England and scored the second most penalties for England next to Frank lampard. he Played for Wolves in the 50`s and 60`s`
his bother John played for Stoke City was married to Maureen Flowers who was womens world Darts champion who later divorced John and lived with Eric Bristow!!!!
My Grandad played for Tranmere rovers , Doncatster Rovers , Bradford Park Ave and signed for the dale in the late 1930`s and wom 3rd div north medals with each apart from dale!!
I played against Julian Darby Bolton wanderers , Warren Aspinall Everton, Roberto Martinez, Paul Moulden and a few more.

does that count me in
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 22:17 - Dec 10 with 1270 viewsbatman

mine is more 'infamy' I used to captain Hansi Cronje before/during/after (?) he took bribes (that bit is definate!! )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024