Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official January Transfer Window Thread 00:29 - Dec 29 with 134256 viewsaspas45

Let it begin:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10540359/P

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

January Transfer Official Thread on 11:15 - Jan 17 with 5681 viewstomdickharry

January Transfer Official Thread on 10:04 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

So getting stuck in now is beneath us is it.
Well, some of our greatest players got "stuck in" or maybe you weren't around.

Getting stuck in means getting truly involved in a physical way not fearing injury when you go into a tackle. Its what Leon Britton has been doing for years all 9 stone of him. It makes my blood boil to see the rank cowardice of Vasquez in our shirt.

Its pointless having talent if you don't have both moral fibre and commitment.

Show him some tapes of the "Evil Eye"
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 12:34 - Jan 17 with 5496 viewsymaohyd

Unfortunately the dynamics of the January transfer window don't really suit us as a club. Players who generally move, do so due to the following.

They are out of contract in the summer and will move for the selling club not to be out of pocket in the summer.

They will move as they are surplus to requirements and possibly a club needs the cash to invest in new players themselves.

Players are loaned out to give them experience after failing to break into the 1st team during the first half of the season.

So you look at the above points and look at the Swans.

If the Swans are going to get a (British) loan player in then that player will probably come from one of the top 6/7 clubs. We wouldn't want a player from below that level as the question would be why would they be good enough for us and not good enough for 'Norwich' as an example. An example of that category of player would be Aspas, who might move at the end of the window once Liverpool have brought in another forward.

When it comes to players being bought, e.g. Ince I don't think we'll ever win. Where we are geographically, our wage structure, notorious hard bargaining (and long may it continue) will mean that more often than not we'll miss out. Would Ince come to us when Everton may be an option? Personally I can't see it.

This window may see us investing in some youngsters like the Hearts youngster and possibly a loan deal right at the end.

We definitely have an advantage over other clubs when looking at the Spanish market, but how many Spanish players do we really want?

Personally I would have brought Kevin Phillips in for a few months. I can't see that we'd have anything to lose. As it stand we only have Bony as a forward until Michu comes back.

Vasquez or KP, at the end of a game, we are chasing a point or a win and a chance falls to Vasquez or KP, who would your money be on?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:48 - Jan 17 with 5335 viewsperchrockjack

Im Welsh and married English women who are on the whole decent folk as are the Welsh so no difference really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:04 - Jan 17 with 5320 viewsSwanfan1

Whats the point of this thread, no one will be signing in the end of this month, this thread is so we can get disappointed later

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:11 - Jan 17 with 5285 viewsperchrockjack

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:04 - Jan 17 by Swanfan1

Whats the point of this thread, no one will be signing in the end of this month, this thread is so we can get disappointed later

Doesnt look like.
Laudrup mustn't be questioned and we will not be relegated

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:24 - Jan 17 with 5260 viewsymaohyd

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:48 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

Im Welsh and married English women who are on the whole decent folk as are the Welsh so no difference really

Wrong thread I think?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:27 - Jan 17 with 4923 viewsshingle

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 13:48 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

Yes i understand, and indeed you may very well have a valid point there.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:54 - Jan 17 with 4869 viewstomdickharry

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:27 - Jan 17 by shingle

Yes i understand, and indeed you may very well have a valid point there.

If God is all powerful can he make an object he cannot lift? Discus.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 19:40 - Jan 17 with 4804 viewsairedale

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 18:54 - Jan 17 by tomdickharry

If God is all powerful can he make an object he cannot lift? Discus.

I don't know. Javelin.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 05:13 - Jan 18 with 4464 viewsRough_Edges

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 12:34 - Jan 17 by ymaohyd

Unfortunately the dynamics of the January transfer window don't really suit us as a club. Players who generally move, do so due to the following.

They are out of contract in the summer and will move for the selling club not to be out of pocket in the summer.

They will move as they are surplus to requirements and possibly a club needs the cash to invest in new players themselves.

Players are loaned out to give them experience after failing to break into the 1st team during the first half of the season.

So you look at the above points and look at the Swans.

If the Swans are going to get a (British) loan player in then that player will probably come from one of the top 6/7 clubs. We wouldn't want a player from below that level as the question would be why would they be good enough for us and not good enough for 'Norwich' as an example. An example of that category of player would be Aspas, who might move at the end of the window once Liverpool have brought in another forward.

When it comes to players being bought, e.g. Ince I don't think we'll ever win. Where we are geographically, our wage structure, notorious hard bargaining (and long may it continue) will mean that more often than not we'll miss out. Would Ince come to us when Everton may be an option? Personally I can't see it.

This window may see us investing in some youngsters like the Hearts youngster and possibly a loan deal right at the end.

We definitely have an advantage over other clubs when looking at the Spanish market, but how many Spanish players do we really want?

Personally I would have brought Kevin Phillips in for a few months. I can't see that we'd have anything to lose. As it stand we only have Bony as a forward until Michu comes back.

Vasquez or KP, at the end of a game, we are chasing a point or a win and a chance falls to Vasquez or KP, who would your money be on?

I'm sorry to quote such a large post but we loaned Gylfi on 01 Jan 2012...

I think we all know how that worked out.

Won us multiple games off his own boot.

18 appearances for 7 goals.

Gee how we could use some goals.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 07:10 - Jan 18 with 4440 viewsRough_Edges

Here's just about the only information I
Could find.

It was in the daily mails 9-5...and no sources or anything had been used.

Swansea are continuing to monitor players such as Tenerife's young striker Ayoze Perez but are mindful of bringing too many more foreign players into their squad, reports Simon Jones.

There are continuing concerns that Michael Laudrup will leave his role as manager in the summer and take up a job elsewhere.

They are keen to bring in a few more British-based players who remain suited to their style as should Laudrup depart that may prompt some of their foreign contingent to look for moves also.

They are keen to bring in a few more British-based players who remain suited to their style as should Laudrup depart that may prompt some of their foreign contingent to look for moves also.

They are continuing to scout in Scotland with Dundee United's Ryan Gauld and Andy Robertson among their targets while a deal is pending for Hearts' versatile midfielder Adam King.

Manchester City midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim and Middlesbrough's Rhys Williams, a target in the past for Brendan Rodgers while at Swansea, also remain on their radar.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 4229 viewsepaul

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-target-Middlesbrough-s-Rhys

SWANSEA City are lining up a transfer window move for Middlesbrough’s Australian international Rhys Williams.

The Evening Post understands that Swansea have been in discussions with Championship side Boro over the 25-year-old, who is capable of playing at centre-back or as a defensive central midfielder.

Swansea have been previously linked with the one-time Wales Under-21 man, and it is thought they could now get him for as little as £1.5million.

A product of the highly-regarded Riverside youth academy, Williams has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs in the past, and is believed to be attracting interest from elsewhere now.

But Swansea look to be leading the race for a player who would add some much-needed depth to Michael Laudrup’s squad.

The Swansea boss yesterday admitted he is in the market for a midfielder with Jose Canas and Jonathan de Guzman on the injured list.

And Williams would also give Swansea another option at the back amid continuing uncertainty over the fitness of Garry Monk.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-target-Middlesbrough-s-Rhys

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 12:35 - Jan 18 with 4074 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 07:10 - Jan 18 by Rough_Edges

Here's just about the only information I
Could find.

It was in the daily mails 9-5...and no sources or anything had been used.

Swansea are continuing to monitor players such as Tenerife's young striker Ayoze Perez but are mindful of bringing too many more foreign players into their squad, reports Simon Jones.

There are continuing concerns that Michael Laudrup will leave his role as manager in the summer and take up a job elsewhere.

They are continuing to scout in Scotland with Dundee United's Ryan Gauld and Andy Robertson among their targets while a deal is pending for Hearts' versatile midfielder Adam King.

Manchester City midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim and Middlesbrough's Rhys Williams, a target in the past for Brendan Rodgers while at Swansea, also remain on their radar.

Ryan Gauld, is that the younster who was on football focus a few weeks back? Little pocket dynamo with a box full of tricks, if its the same bloke. Great for the future, but now? Not really, what we need is some experience imop. Long who,s just gone from w.b.a, Bendtner? Alittle too much much like michu but can find the net, wages would be mental probably tho. Some one mentioned Kevin Phillips, bit long in the tooth maybe now, but remember him coming on for brum a few yeras back at the liberty and changing the game on his own, think he scored if im not mistaken. Who or whatever he is we need something up top, e.g long, phillips ect, who,s got a bit of pace and plays on the last defenders shoulder.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 12:47 - Jan 18 with 4045 viewsmax936

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 12:35 - Jan 18 by blaenaugwentjack

Ryan Gauld, is that the younster who was on football focus a few weeks back? Little pocket dynamo with a box full of tricks, if its the same bloke. Great for the future, but now? Not really, what we need is some experience imop. Long who,s just gone from w.b.a, Bendtner? Alittle too much much like michu but can find the net, wages would be mental probably tho. Some one mentioned Kevin Phillips, bit long in the tooth maybe now, but remember him coming on for brum a few yeras back at the liberty and changing the game on his own, think he scored if im not mistaken. Who or whatever he is we need something up top, e.g long, phillips ect, who,s got a bit of pace and plays on the last defenders shoulder.

Phillips as gone to Leicester,.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:16 - Jan 18 with 3901 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 12:47 - Jan 18 by max936

Phillips as gone to Leicester,.

just listenong to radio cardiff. they are saying rhys williams is a done deal 1.5 mill :-)
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 16:24 - Jan 18 with 3735 viewsRough_Edges

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 14:16 - Jan 18 by blaenaugwentjack

just listenong to radio cardiff. they are saying rhys williams is a done deal 1.5 mill :-)

We've had quite a few done deals this Jan ;)

I think Williams would be a solid pick up, no superstar but he does a job and can play at centre half and holding midfielder.

Shouldn't take to long to adjust either in comparison to some of the foreigners.

1.5m seems about right, adds depth to a position where we are severely lacking.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 16:44 - Jan 18 with 3699 viewsOdgaard

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 16:24 - Jan 18 by Rough_Edges

We've had quite a few done deals this Jan ;)

I think Williams would be a solid pick up, no superstar but he does a job and can play at centre half and holding midfielder.

Shouldn't take to long to adjust either in comparison to some of the foreigners.

1.5m seems about right, adds depth to a position where we are severely lacking.

Good idea to buy a versatile player! Can cover Defence and midfield..!

Have newer seen him play but his stats in FM2014 is good :D:P

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 16:55 - Jan 18 with 3666 viewsTheClash

I think he played for Borough today so it can't be that close.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 19:58 - Jan 18 with 3408 viewstomdickharry

Does our scouting system start and end at Boro,no sign of Marvin yet.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 20:08 - Jan 18 with 3393 viewsIAN05

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 19:58 - Jan 18 by tomdickharry

Well, clearly doesn't start and end there as we only have Lita to my knowledge from there. Does seem to be the place where in a panic either we go or the press link us to. Obviously down to the lead better link
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 22:17 - Jan 18 with 3241 viewsjruss1

We were after Matthew Bates for ages as well.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 23:20 - Jan 18 with 3160 viewsPureRockFury

Been impressed by what I''ve seen of Williams in the past, looked a quality player. Mind you, I've not seen him play for about 3 years......

Still, would be a decent signing .

Even the bad times were good.

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 08:44 - Jan 19 with 2945 viewsRancid

I always thought he was a Left back.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 11:09 - Jan 19 with 2793 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 19:58 - Jan 18 by tomdickharry

Be thankful for small mercies.
The Official January Transfer Window Thread on 15:40 - Jan 19 with 2554 viewsaspas45

Can you see a panic now and all out for a new signings at all cost?

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024