Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Europa League 18:46 - Jan 2 with 3802 viewsunion_jack

Does anyone think that the best thing is for us to gallantly bow out against Napoli or go for it!

At this moment in time I have to say I hope we go out as for me the Premier League surpasses everything and our safety is paramount. However, if we get a couple if good results before then I may feel differently.

It would be interesting to hear people's feelings in terms of priority.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Europa League on 18:49 - Jan 2 with 2214 viewsDull1Thomas

I can't see the point of doing the best we can if the result means getting into Europe only for us not wanting to be there.
Make the most of it - a huge and beneficial learning curve for most of our players.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Europa League on 18:49 - Jan 2 with 2210 viewsNeath_Jack

In it to win it.

It's as simple as that. No one can prove either way whether it has affected our results in the league, it's all conjecture.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Europa League on 18:51 - Jan 2 with 2199 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well it's not as if we're not going to be trying to win the games anyway. It amuses me when people say that we should get out of these competitions as soon as possible. Deliberately losing games is against the rules like. And those saying that we hope we go out actively want the team they support to lose a game. That's f*cking weird too.

Poll: Tory leader

Europa League on 18:52 - Jan 2 with 2184 viewsRancid

You can bet on it that Laudrup will be making it his priority but as a fan I'd be disappointed to go out but I'm sure i'd get over it.After all the league is more important and staying in it.
Europa League on 18:57 - Jan 2 with 2171 viewsunion_jack

Europa League on 18:51 - Jan 2 by exiledclaseboy

Well it's not as if we're not going to be trying to win the games anyway. It amuses me when people say that we should get out of these competitions as soon as possible. Deliberately losing games is against the rules like. And those saying that we hope we go out actively want the team they support to lose a game. That's f*cking weird too.

Now, now Clasey. It's not as black and white as that.
When I watch those games, like every game we play in, I want us to win. BUT, if we go out I will see the benefits to us as a squad.
Was it Neathjack who said our performances may not be affected by Europe and that it was conjecture. I believe the injuries we are picking up are everything to do with excessive games and our squad is too thin to compete on all fronts.
Again on Sunday, great if we win but I won't be in anyway concerned if we lose.
Now just because my knowledge if tennis is far superior to yours, there's no need to have a go all the time
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 18:57]

Europa League on 18:59 - Jan 2 with 2158 viewsexiledclaseboy

Europa League on 18:57 - Jan 2 by union_jack

When I watch those games, like every game we play in, I want us to win. BUT, if we go out I will see the benefits to us as a squad.
Was it Neathjack who said our performances may not be affected by Europe and that it was conjecture. I believe the injuries we are picking up are everything to do with excessive games and our squad is too thin to compete on all fronts.
Now just because my knowledge if tennis is far superior to yours, there's no need to have a go all the time

You clearly know nothing about tennis after your "Murray will never win a major" prediction just before he won two of them.

Poll: Tory leader

Europa League on 19:01 - Jan 2 with 2149 viewsunion_jack

Europa League on 18:59 - Jan 2 by exiledclaseboy

You clearly know nothing about tennis after your "Murray will never win a major" prediction just before he won two of them.

Well I stand by it and I'm in denial!!

Europa League on 19:01 - Jan 2 with 2149 viewsDarran

I think we'll go out.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Europa League (n/t) on 19:29 - Jan 2 with 2083 views2face

Europa League on 18:51 - Jan 2 by exiledclaseboy

[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 19:30]
Europa League on 19:31 - Jan 2 with 2072 views2face

Go for gold obviously.

With that said, I must say I think it's a failed competition. And I hope they will change the format soon. It is beyond any shadow of doubt that the choice to play on thursdays creates massive problems in the home league for the teams that participate. With lost championships, relegation battles, fired managers and all around missery as a result. It should be a celebration to participate, not a huge burden. Just the teams, we have played, have seen 2 managers fired. Almost all of them have have had problems staying up in their league.

It leaves an unnecessary bitter after taste. And it would be totally avoidable If they just played tuesday and wedensday like UCL. Then it would be EL that "suffered" from home league games and not the other way around.

And the fact that the "losers" from UCL qualify directly to the round of 32 just turns the competition into a big joke imo.

Rant out
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 19:34]
Europa League on 19:34 - Jan 2 with 2054 viewsNeathJack

I don't recall saying that but I'm happy to be corrected
Europa League on 19:37 - Jan 2 with 2042 viewsshingle

The damage is already done now, we have played to many games, hence picked up to many injuries, just hope we manage to get away with it, and stay up.
Europa League on 19:40 - Jan 2 with 2027 viewsNeath_Jack

You "believe".

Yep, conjecture then.

Oh and have a word with waynekerr, he says its down to running in straight lines pre-season.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Europa League on 19:40 - Jan 2 with 2025 viewsmonmouth

I don't want to get knocked out (imagine winning this tie!!) but I think we will be schooled by Napoli. Over there anyway. So no injuries and a morale boosting performance would be nice, if we can't shock everyone and pull off the best result in our history.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Europa League on 19:44 - Jan 2 with 2003 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Europa League on 19:40 - Jan 2 by monmouth

I don't want to get knocked out (imagine winning this tie!!) but I think we will be schooled by Napoli. Over there anyway. So no injuries and a morale boosting performance would be nice, if we can't shock everyone and pull off the best result in our history.

I agree, Napoli will be too strong for us over 2 legs

We may get something at home but they will be very very strong on their own patch
Europa League on 19:47 - Jan 2 with 1997 viewsunion_jack

Europa League on 19:34 - Jan 2 by NeathJack

I don't recall saying that but I'm happy to be corrected

Sorry, it was the hyphenated one.

Europa League on 19:48 - Jan 2 with 1995 viewsNeathJack

Europa League on 19:47 - Jan 2 by union_jack

Sorry, it was the hyphenated one.

No worries
Europa League on 19:49 - Jan 2 with 1992 viewsunion_jack

Europa League on 19:40 - Jan 2 by Neath_Jack

You "believe".

Yep, conjecture then.

Oh and have a word with waynekerr, he says its down to running in straight lines pre-season.

Semantically correct, so I will say firmly believe.

Europa League on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 1984 views2face

Europa League on 19:40 - Jan 2 by monmouth

In terms of strength, it would be like beating Liverpool. It's doable. We play tougher teams regularly here.
Europa League on 19:56 - Jan 2 with 1968 viewsskippyjack

Europa League on 19:01 - Jan 2 by Darran

I think we'll go out.

I haven't forgot

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Europa League on 23:05 - Jan 2 with 1854 viewsmahoss

We,ll never know if the competition has directly affected results in the Premier League,
although i think the constant chopping and changing of players has disrupted our rhythm
this season.
Europa League on 23:10 - Jan 2 with 1833 viewsJBT95

Europa League on 19:31 - Jan 2 by 2face

Go for gold obviously.

With that said, I must say I think it's a failed competition. And I hope they will change the format soon. It is beyond any shadow of doubt that the choice to play on thursdays creates massive problems in the home league for the teams that participate. With lost championships, relegation battles, fired managers and all around missery as a result. It should be a celebration to participate, not a huge burden. Just the teams, we have played, have seen 2 managers fired. Almost all of them have have had problems staying up in their league.

It leaves an unnecessary bitter after taste. And it would be totally avoidable If they just played tuesday and wedensday like UCL. Then it would be EL that "suffered" from home league games and not the other way around.

And the fact that the "losers" from UCL qualify directly to the round of 32 just turns the competition into a big joke imo.

Rant out
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 19:34]

But don't leagues abroad generally play Sundays? It would make more sense for the Champions League to play Wednesday/Thursday really.
Europa League on 23:12 - Jan 2 with 1824 viewsMrSwerve

We beat Chelsea over two legs, so why not?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Europa League on 23:16 - Jan 2 with 1805 viewsmacthejack

People are acting like Napoli are one of the single greatest teams ever to grace the planet. We can beat this lot, as others have said, we've played better in the PL. And beaten them.
Europa League on 05:09 - Jan 3 with 1712 viewsSirGarethThe3rd

My American mind says we earned this spot in Europe, it was not handed to us. Give it everything we've got until we're out. Then we can hold our head high and finish the league season proud.

WASHINGTON STATE JACK SINCE '12-'13

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024