Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Telegraph article on Cup tie 19:06 - Jan 2 with 2445 views442Dale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/10547736/FA-Cup-Ro

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 19:14 - Jan 2 with 2414 viewsMass_Debater

That's a load of rubbish about the Morecambe game.
Telegraph article on Cup tie on 19:35 - Jan 2 with 2325 viewsBobbyjoe

Hear, hear, Mr Chairman, wholly admirable sentiments. Football, in general, and the FA Cup, in particular, is, or should be, about romance and glory, not a cash cow.
Telegraph article on Cup tie on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 2279 viewsfinberty

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 19:14 - Jan 2 by Mass_Debater

That's a load of rubbish about the Morecambe game.

Why?
Did this not happen?

Oooh...who to believe......?
Telegraph article on Cup tie on 19:56 - Jan 2 with 2257 viewsTomRAFC

Love this bit:

“When I was a kid, I used to walk to games, even though it was about four miles each way. I would walk along with a bag of crisps and a Wagon Wheel with my mates, but that’s what being a supporter is all about and this tie is one of those that you always yearn for.”

No one seems to have spotted what a fetching jacket Mr Dunphy is wearing. Never the less he is always worth listening to when he talks about dale.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:04 - Jan 2 with 2219 viewsfitzochris

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 19:56 - Jan 2 by TomRAFC

Love this bit:

“When I was a kid, I used to walk to games, even though it was about four miles each way. I would walk along with a bag of crisps and a Wagon Wheel with my mates, but that’s what being a supporter is all about and this tie is one of those that you always yearn for.”

No one seems to have spotted what a fetching jacket Mr Dunphy is wearing. Never the less he is always worth listening to when he talks about dale.

Looks like he's been in Keith's wardrobe.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:11 - Jan 2 with 2196 viewsFrog

Good to know he doesn't have to be ploughing money in and the club is well below the wage cap.
Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:12 - Jan 2 with 2190 viewsSuddenLad

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:11 - Jan 2 by Frog

Good to know he doesn't have to be ploughing money in and the club is well below the wage cap.

Good point. I'd love to know who are the clubs paying in excess of 90% and how they are allowed to do it !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:18 - Jan 2 with 2150 viewsMass_Debater

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 19:51 - Jan 2 by finberty

Why?
Did this not happen?

Oooh...who to believe......?

For a start, we didn't go top of the league and secondly, why would Dale fans sing that at Morecambe? It's been sung v Notts County and the like, but not Morecambe.
Login to get fewer ads

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:21 - Jan 2 with 2138 viewsfitzochris

Was listening to McDermott's post match interview yesterday and he basically said he doesn't have a big enough squad to rotate his starting XI and, as a result, they're all knackered.

If there is such a thing as a good time to play Leeds, this is probably it (unless they sign a wad of players tomorrow).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:40 - Jan 2 with 2063 viewssandylaner1

decent article, in the main

what a fine chap our chairman is
Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:43 - Jan 2 with 2051 viewsdingdangblue

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 20:18 - Jan 2 by Mass_Debater

For a start, we didn't go top of the league and secondly, why would Dale fans sing that at Morecambe? It's been sung v Notts County and the like, but not Morecambe.

We did go level on 29 points with Oxford and Chesterfield. 3rd on goal difference doesn't sound as impressive.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 21:39 - Jan 2 with 1943 viewsyorkshirefan

I'm surrounded by Leeds fans here and their general opinion is that Leeds will play some of their fringe players and McDermott will be rested, there also isn't much confidence that they'll win, obviously that means nothing but personally I can't wait until Saturday
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 21:40]
Telegraph article on Cup tie on 22:05 - Jan 2 with 1901 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

You can see the evidence of all those Wagon Wheels :-P
Telegraph article on Cup tie on 14:05 - Jan 3 with 1511 viewsdribdrab

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 22:05 - Jan 2 by Albert_Whitehurst

You can see the evidence of all those Wagon Wheels :-P

Wagon Wheels used to be much bigger.
Telegraph article on Cup tie on 15:07 - Jan 3 with 1408 viewspnc4eva1

I too thought it was a decent piece. The bit about the wage cap being under the League allowance was also nice to see as it means that there is room for players to be brought in.

The speculation as to which teams are the big spenders however shows that we are not playing on an even playing field.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 15:59 - Jan 3 with 1338 viewsD_Alien

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 15:07 - Jan 3 by pnc4eva1

I too thought it was a decent piece. The bit about the wage cap being under the League allowance was also nice to see as it means that there is room for players to be brought in.

The speculation as to which teams are the big spenders however shows that we are not playing on an even playing field.

tbh part of the satisfaction from watching Dale do well is knowing its not an even playing field and yet we're still up there!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Telegraph article on Cup tie on 18:35 - Jan 3 with 1181 viewselectricblue

Also Dale made a profit the past two seasons...
Nice to hear...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024