Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough bid for Hogan 20:10 - Jan 7 with 52707 viewsoddjob007

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:57 - Jan 8 with 4114 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

We'd be laughing the suggestion of a bid from them away more easily with a lucrative 4th round tie against big opposition.

As it stands a big offer/down payment might still be something we could have to accept?

Just a thought.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 13:12 - Jan 8 with 4058 viewsKenBoon

FAO: Scott Hogan
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rene_Howe
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 13:19 - Jan 8 with 4043 viewsTheViewFromRowZ

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:27 - Jan 8 by sandylaner1

people are talking as if they've made a firm offer or its anything more than speculation

hogan is a contracted rochdale player, playing for a superb man manager, in a team that has not only just beat leeds united but totally footballed them to death

and this news is recognition of that fact

everyone surmising what hogans value is is pointless, the bigger picture is that if we sold him now it would devalue everything hill is doing

how the club act on this will set a precedent in the future when teams come in again for hogan, matty lund, jamie allen etc

promotion is our aim this season, to do that we keep our best players

*issues hands off warning*

Totally agree

this is just the usual SSN understands bullshit that happens with almost every player at this time of year.

The lad has only been in the football league for 6 months, and the first "speculation" of a bid, some people are talking like he's already gone, I am sure he knows how good Hill could be for his future career, if he is good enough he will get a move eventually, but jumping ship too soon could set him back. He is not good enough presently for the higher end of League 1 imo, he still needs to improve some aspects of his game, and Hill has an astounding record with strikers, I have no doubt he will be a Dale player come Feb 1st.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 13:33 - Jan 8 with 3988 viewsColDale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25636532
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 14:32 - Jan 8 with 3873 viewssandylaner1

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 13:33 - Jan 8 by ColDale

if/when tomlin goes, hes the man that will need replacing
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 14:32]
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 14:32 - Jan 8 with 3872 viewsDaleaholic

The bid was serious and was very substantial. That is all.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 14:43 - Jan 8 with 3845 viewssandylaner1

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 14:32 - Jan 8 by Daleaholic

The bid was serious and was very substantial. That is all.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 15:34 - Jan 8 with 3723 viewsDaleaholic

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 17:08 - Jan 8 with 3487 viewsSuddenLad

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 13:33 - Jan 8 by ColDale

Couldn't get away fast enough it seems.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:23 - Jan 8 with 3346 viewsdale_spotland

If we are to believe twitter then it would seem we are interested in a loan move for Fabian Brandy from sheff utd.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 19:18 - Jan 8 with 3206 viewsSuddenLad

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:23 - Jan 8 by dale_spotland

If we are to believe twitter then it would seem we are interested in a loan move for Fabian Brandy from sheff utd.

That would fit with the 'broken toy' policy that KH has mentioned in the past, but I rather think that if he comes it will be to play WITH Hogan, rather than INSTEAD of Hogan.

Might mean George moving out on loan.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 19:52 - Jan 8 with 3079 viewschuckleberry

From Twitter:

BBC Cambs Sport ‏@BBCCambsSport
Director Of Football Barry Fry has confirmed a deal has been agreed with Rochdale for the 21 year old, but the move has hit a snag.#theposh
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 19:55 - Jan 8 with 3063 views1907

Gutted beyond belief
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 19:58 - Jan 8 with 3040 viewsSaxonDale

Presume (and hope) that this is a deal that was simply too good to turn down. If Hill's ok with this deal then so am I. Wish Hogan well, plenty of time for Hill to sign a replacement.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 20:34]
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:00 - Jan 8 with 3013 views1907

We won't sign a striker in this window better than Hogan. Whatever the money we can I get see this being a major factor in where we end up come May. Call me a pessimist but without Scott u don't think we will be celebrating promotion. This is a massive, massive loss.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:03 - Jan 8 with 2746 viewsDaleFan7

No Hogan, no play offs. Simple as.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:04 - Jan 8 with 2727 views442Dale

“@BBCCambsSport: Posh have agreed a deal with Rochdale for striker Scott Hogan, but the move is a long way from completion.#theposh”

Two things here, 1) it better be a silly fee.2) Keith Hill had better be 100% happy with the deal. If he's not, then we shouldn't be selling now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:06 - Jan 8 with 2700 viewsTTNYear

After the Alfie sale I guess the chairman wouldn't sell without the full consent of Hill. If Hogan goes it's going to be a significant fee. It has to be.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:06 - Jan 8 with 2700 viewsDaley_Lama

The silence on this has been deafening over the last 24 hours, perhaps it will be mentioned in the clubs E-shot.

Poll: DF in or out

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:07 - Jan 8 with 2686 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:00 - Jan 8 by 1907

We won't sign a striker in this window better than Hogan. Whatever the money we can I get see this being a major factor in where we end up come May. Call me a pessimist but without Scott u don't think we will be celebrating promotion. This is a massive, massive loss.

If true, I have to agree. Half a season into a two-year contract (his first pro one) and he's off to a yo yo club. It really has got to be silly money for this to be going through. If it's not, questions need to be asked once again of the decision makers.

The player himself could be a factor, of course, but I don't see the sense in him wanting to step it up after just half a season. Posh are a bigger club than us, sure, but Hogan is potentially much bigger than them. I know the club wouldn't stand in his way, but this early into his first pro contract i think they should.

Wonder what the snag is?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:09 - Jan 8 with 2658 views1907

It was always inevitable that the lad was going to progress onto massive things from the first time I saw him. The fact it's after 4 months leaves something of a sour taste in the mouth, despite the amount whatever it may be. Players like Hogan are rare. Incredibly rare. I feel sick that we won't get to see him develop here anymore
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:09 - Jan 8 with 2652 viewsDaleFan7

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:07 - Jan 8 by fitzochris

If true, I have to agree. Half a season into a two-year contract (his first pro one) and he's off to a yo yo club. It really has got to be silly money for this to be going through. If it's not, questions need to be asked once again of the decision makers.

The player himself could be a factor, of course, but I don't see the sense in him wanting to step it up after just half a season. Posh are a bigger club than us, sure, but Hogan is potentially much bigger than them. I know the club wouldn't stand in his way, but this early into his first pro contract i think they should.

Wonder what the snag is?

Hopefully he has told them he doesn't want to go. Here's dreaming. If this isn't north of £600k with add ons then it's a bad deal. I can't see us getting promoted without him, nor can I see us beating another Championship team without him either. So there goes promotion and cup money, plus higher gate money next season.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 20:11]
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:11 - Jan 8 with 2628 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:09 - Jan 8 by DaleFan7

Hopefully he has told them he doesn't want to go. Here's dreaming. If this isn't north of £600k with add ons then it's a bad deal. I can't see us getting promoted without him, nor can I see us beating another Championship team without him either. So there goes promotion and cup money, plus higher gate money next season.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 20:11]

That would restore my faith in football.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:15 - Jan 8 with 2566 viewsSalwaDale

My take on it is that it all depends on the price and the happiness of all concerned (Hill, Dunphy and Hogan). Conceivably it may be possible that the offer is just far, far too good to turn down. If that is the case then we'll be better off - as people have said, it needs to be silly money.

TBBT

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:16 - Jan 8 with 2564 viewsTVOS1907

At least they waited until March before pinching Peter Costello.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024