Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CUFC v CCFC at WHCS today! 07:59 - Mar 8 with 431 viewsdurham_exile

Very much the business end of the season for JD now.

The Sky Blues arrive in Town after a much needed win and will have 850 fans roaring them on.

By contrast Colchester will be buoyed by their performance against the Millers. A clean sheet and a point against one of the form teams in the Division always very welcome.

The fixtures of late have not been kind to us Northern Exiles. Indeed my next match will not be until Notts County at the end of the month.

But I will be able to see the last three games of the season; Crewe, Brentford and Walsall. Let us hope that the league position is clearer than last season, we do not want any last game dramas at the Bescot!

JD is likely to stick with a similar starting XI against Coventry;

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Dickson

Wright Bean

Massey Sears Watt

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Sesay, Olufemi, Eastmond, Morrison, Vose, Bonne

The improving weather will surely help the pitch; my biggest concern is the lack of grass covering the sand and mud. In truth the pitch has been poor for some time. Yes I know that rainfall has been excessive, almost biblical proportions but Oldham and Carlisle surfaces were immaculate and this must have an impact upon JD’s passing game.

We now play Saturday, midweek, Saturday through to 5 April and it would be great to welcome Drey Wright back soon, leaving only Josh Thompson on the recovery table.

Coventry played very well at Sixfields earlier in the season. Their problems both on and off the field are clearly hampering their chances. Let us send them back to Coventry with an away defeat.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

PS if we win almost every game, we can still manage sufficient points to achieve a top six finish, incredible but true!

Durham_exile

CUFC v CCFC at WHCS today! on 17:48 - Mar 8 with 396 viewsdurham_exile

Deserved victory and a bigger crowd

797 Coventry City and 3,629 Colchester Utd

All good news.

Up the U's

Bring on the Bantams

Durham_exile

CUFC v CCFC at WHCS today! on 20:46 - Mar 8 with 370 viewsgerry_us

CUFC v CCFC at WHCS today! on 17:48 - Mar 8 by durham_exile

Deserved victory and a bigger crowd

797 Coventry City and 3,629 Colchester Utd

All good news.

Up the U's

Bring on the Bantams

Play-off's back on Pete?
Good news is that I am out of the country for a few weeks so a "hatful" of points due.
Back in time for Notts County hopefully.
See ya
CUFC v CCFC at WHCS today! on 21:01 - Mar 8 with 369 viewsbwildered

Same again for the U's today, but worrying sign is that Jabo still missing from the bench.
Sears strikes early chasing a through ball down the left to slot home. A repeat down the right twenty minutes later sees the U's double their lead when Massey scores with a one to one with the visitors keeper. The U's look comfortable coming up to half time, but Wilson scores from the acutest of angles leaving the U's a tighter second half than expected.
A workman like performance in the second half sees the U's home, and show some resilience and composure, although Coventry have the best chance to level in injury time .
Victory was vital after picking up a point last week, so more of the same also required next, to avoid get involved in the lower reaches of the table.
Special mention to the defence which has looked stronger has the season progresses, and Morrison who did sterling work upfront with little reward.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024