Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward sacked 20:19 - May 8 with 873 viewsDaniel

I note that Bristol Rovers have got rid of John Ward following their relegation to the conference. He had 'moved upstairs' a couple of months ago as Director of Football with his assistant becoming manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27327725
Ward sacked on 20:56 - May 8 with 860 viewsBarsidepete

I don't understand what transpired. Darrell Clarke takes the wheel and Ward is 'promoted' with a few months to go .. now Ward gone altogether. That's a Mickey Mouse organization.

On a related topic, all 3 relegated clubs in the Prem sacked their gaffers and crossed their fingers. Well done.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Ward sacked on 17:15 - May 9 with 821 viewsbwildered

Guess, now a ex -league club, they simply cannot afford him.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ward sacked on 23:36 - May 9 with 810 viewswessex_exile

Ward sacked on 17:15 - May 9 by bwildered

Guess, now a ex -league club, they simply cannot afford him.

I'd say that's about spot on, but whether a factor or not, I also understand from t'internet that John's wife is seriously ill, and has been since before his 'move upstairs', so maybe also giving him the space to concentrate on stuff infinitely more important than 22 men kicking a leather bag around for 90 minutes?

John Ward wasn't a good manager for Col U, but I still wish him and his family well in everything that faces them in the future.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ward sacked on 08:50 - May 10 with 794 viewsdavey_ravey_snr

Ward sacked on 23:36 - May 9 by wessex_exile

I'd say that's about spot on, but whether a factor or not, I also understand from t'internet that John's wife is seriously ill, and has been since before his 'move upstairs', so maybe also giving him the space to concentrate on stuff infinitely more important than 22 men kicking a leather bag around for 90 minutes?

John Ward wasn't a good manager for Col U, but I still wish him and his family well in everything that faces them in the future.

I have to say Wessex that I disagree a little with your comment about John Ward and Col U.

I actually thought he did quite a good job. However, when I say did a good job I'm measuring him in that context with the style of football he brought to the club. Before Ward came along the football was dreadful, absolutely terrible. But John Ward to his credit changed the system and also started to get us to play football. I used to like watching the football that John Ward played, apart from the season he departed obviously. I didn't think he was a bad manager at all for us.
Ward sacked on 10:40 - May 10 with 785 viewswessex_exile

Ward sacked on 08:50 - May 10 by davey_ravey_snr

I have to say Wessex that I disagree a little with your comment about John Ward and Col U.

I actually thought he did quite a good job. However, when I say did a good job I'm measuring him in that context with the style of football he brought to the club. Before Ward came along the football was dreadful, absolutely terrible. But John Ward to his credit changed the system and also started to get us to play football. I used to like watching the football that John Ward played, apart from the season he departed obviously. I didn't think he was a bad manager at all for us.

Oh without a doubt the football was infinitely more entertaining than Boothroyd's, and I actually liked John Ward - seemed like a very decent chap...but you can't argue with a win rate below 30% - apart from George, whose stats are blighted by a season getting battered mercilessly in the Championship, you have to go back to the likes of Mick "Bigger B'stard..." Wadsworth for the last time it was that low.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024