Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe..."will always be non-league" 08:57 - Apr 27 with 816 viewsnoah4x4

In all the WHCS euphoria of yesterday, we seem to have overlooked what is happening at Wycscum; who must now beat Torquay to have any chance of not falling out of the Football League, and then must depend upon one of Bristol Rovers or Northampton not taking a point.

With the U's staying up, this most perverse of club rivalries now looks like being absent for many years (unless in the cup). But I wonder how many U's fans will be at Braintree on some Tuesday night next season?

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 13:15 - Apr 27 with 785 viewsburnsieespana

Noah it actually shows how quickly a club can fall if the wrong decision are taken as not so many year's ago Wycomb looked like they were a sustainable Div 1 team.
Hopefully the decisions RC has taken these last two year will stand us in good stead over the next five to ten years.
I am sure the key to survival in Div1 and 2 for the majority of the teams is a strong acadamy so hopefully we get Cat 2 this year.
Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 15:25 - Apr 27 with 772 viewsnoah4x4

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 13:15 - Apr 27 by burnsieespana

Noah it actually shows how quickly a club can fall if the wrong decision are taken as not so many year's ago Wycomb looked like they were a sustainable Div 1 team.
Hopefully the decisions RC has taken these last two year will stand us in good stead over the next five to ten years.
I am sure the key to survival in Div1 and 2 for the majority of the teams is a strong acadamy so hopefully we get Cat 2 this year.

Exactly!

The Conference now looks like the Division Four of my youth.

The fact that the U's have now spent so long in the Third Tier (or higher) suggests that life isn't as bad as some U's fans infer. This is a time for consolidation and transition into a sustainable Division One Club. I just hope we all keep the faith.
Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 16:12 - Apr 27 with 763 viewswessex_exile

Even better, Norwich slipped into the relegation zone this afternoon (sorry Paddy), and with their last two games away at Chelsea and then home to Arsenal, I can't see them escaping...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 17:45 - Apr 27 with 756 viewsbwildered

It was not that long ago, the U's had a uneventful goalless draw at Wycombe, who unveiled their new manager in Garry Waddock at the time .
With Herefords away at Aldershot, another ex league club, Chester City with Andy Bond in midfield, got relegated from the Conference.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 12:13 - Apr 28 with 728 viewsLeadbelly

Wycombe's desperate position (ha,ha) was not forgotten by everyone. We had a good laugh about it in the Bricklayers after the game on Saturday.

The Nodge situation is also very amusing...and will Villa say goodbye to Lambert in the summer?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 19:55 - Apr 28 with 702 viewsnoah4x4

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 12:13 - Apr 28 by Leadbelly

Wycombe's desperate position (ha,ha) was not forgotten by everyone. We had a good laugh about it in the Bricklayers after the game on Saturday.

The Nodge situation is also very amusing...and will Villa say goodbye to Lambert in the summer?

Funny, we were chuckling about exactly the same things in the Victoria Inn. Then after the police prematurely closed down the 'Norfolk' (nobody knows why, but apparently it was a big "raid") our numbers tripled and we had quite a U's party in the Victoria's back yard

(Apologies to neighbours for the noise - but we had multiple celebrations).
Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 09:46 - Apr 29 with 676 viewsthrillseeker

www.gasroom.co.uk makes funny reading and it looks like you can post without the need to register
Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 14:21 - Apr 29 with 653 viewsBluenWightExile

Hmmm.
No interest in Wycombe's problems but would be delighted if Bristol Rovers disappeared for ever. Ghastly place to go.
Now living amongst several million Pompey fans it is interesting to note how they found their trip to BR the one they disliked most!

Oh and I say.........let Doogs have a kick but let's be playing this one to win.
What a great feeling to be league 1 still.

Glad to have stuck with Noah4x4 as well.
Huge thanks Noah4x4...........I just about hung in there.

Up the U's

Pinault-noir

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 08:56 - May 5 with 586 viewswessex_exile

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 16:12 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Even better, Norwich slipped into the relegation zone this afternoon (sorry Paddy), and with their last two games away at Chelsea and then home to Arsenal, I can't see them escaping...

Okay, so Norwich gained an unlikely point at Chelsea yesterday, which means that West Brom and Sunderland - both with a game in hand - need one more point each to be absolutely certain of safety....

...and the game in hand? Sunderland v West Brom on Wednesday night - got 0-0 written all over it

Up the U's

Wycombe... on 09:44 - May 5 with 582 viewsFruitbat

Wycombe..."will always be non-league" on 08:56 - May 5 by wessex_exile

Okay, so Norwich gained an unlikely point at Chelsea yesterday, which means that West Brom and Sunderland - both with a game in hand - need one more point each to be absolutely certain of safety....

...and the game in hand? Sunderland v West Brom on Wednesday night - got 0-0 written all over it

Was it world cup '86? West Germany v Austria, draw put them both through the group and the ball never left the centre circle.
[Post edited 5 May 2014 9:47]
Wycombe... on 10:28 - May 5 with 571 viewswessex_exile

Wycombe... on 09:44 - May 5 by Fruitbat

Was it world cup '86? West Germany v Austria, draw put them both through the group and the ball never left the centre circle.
[Post edited 5 May 2014 9:47]

'82, and the key result for both to qualify was 1-0 to West Germany. West Germany took that 1-0 lead, then both team sat back and gave up trying - this was the one that resulted in FIFA declaring that all final matches in future must kick off at the same time...

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024