Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 04:28 - Jan 5 with 818 viewsBarsidepete

SARBOY (past playoff champ) with a perfect 4-0 and up 4-2 v Thrillseeker (2 of 4 right) after the first leg. Meanwhile, our 2014 The U'sual Champion MFB taking a 3-2 advantage into leg 2 v me... RSCOSWORTH with the higher seed tie-breaker, nearly a sure bet to advance to the final four, so Pete needs to post 2nd and out-think James. That means 3 of 4 different, Pete .. same for you Thrillo. 3 need to be different from Sarboy. So post late but wait for Thrill to make picks.

results:

Arizona 16 at CAROLINA 27
BALTIMORE 30 at Pittsburgh 17
Cincinnati 10 at INDIANAPOLIS 26
Detroit 20 at DALLAS 24

Updated: 4 of 8 played: SUPERB OWL:

(1) MFB v (8) Barside 3-2
(2) Sarboy v (7) Thrillseeker 4-2
(3) Leadbelly v (6) Gerry 3-3
(4) RSCO v (5) Durham 3-1

The so-called overall table: (higher seed has tie-breaker, period, no first to post factor... seeding posted at left)

(2) SARBOY............ (4-0)...... 4-0
(1) mfb_cufc ......... (3-1)...... 3-1
(3) Leadbelly.......... (3-1)...... 3-1
(4) RSCOSWORTH... (3-1)...... 3-1
(6) gerry_us ........... (3-1)...... 3-1
(7) thrillseeker........ (2-2)...... 2-2
(8) Barsidepete....... (2-2)...... 2-2
(5) durham_exile..... (1-3)...... 1-3

Quarterfinals leg 2: only 2 may be the same as your opponent --

BALTIMORE RAVENS at NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Saturday 16:35/21:35)
CAROLINA PANTHERS at SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (Sat. 20:15/01:15)
DALLAS COWBOYS at GREEN BAY PACKERS (18:05 UK)
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at DENVER BRONCOS (21:40)

Good luck and updates to follow
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 16:31]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 10:11 - Jan 5 with 790 viewsLeadbelly

Patriots
Seahawks
Packers
Broncos

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 11:48 - Jan 5 with 788 viewsthrillseeker

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
DALLAS COWBOYS
DENVER BRONCOS
The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 15:19 - Jan 5 with 777 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 11:48 - Jan 5 by thrillseeker

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
DALLAS COWBOYS
DENVER BRONCOS

From a strategic standpoint, Thrillo, I would have waited till Sarboy posted, because if he posts his requisite 2 different then he automatically advances to the semifinals.

Having said that, you can edit your predictions later in the week,.. but then again, so can Sar. One edit each, that's it.

The "overall table" .. That will continue straight through till the Super Bowl.

The four eliminated from the Superb Owl, it means your efforts will be noted as we move forward. Don't stop participating...

Could be an interesting contrast if the table leader ends up top while Not being the Superb Owl champion.

Onward

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 15:27 - Jan 5 with 775 viewsmfb_cufc

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
DENVER BRONCOS

mfb

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 15:56 - Jan 5 with 772 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 15:27 - Jan 5 by mfb_cufc

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
DENVER BRONCOS

I was robbed by a referee's decision, MFB. Otherwise probably would have had Lions to win correct. Conspiracy theory

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 16:40 - Jan 5 with 757 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 15:27 - Jan 5 by mfb_cufc

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
DENVER BRONCOS

Mine:

BALTIMORE RAVENS at NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Saturday 16:35/21:35) -- BALTIMORE
CAROLINA PANTHERS at SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (Sat. 20:15/01:15) -- SEATTLE
DALLAS COWBOYS at GREEN BAY PACKERS (18:05 UK) -- DALLAS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at DENVER BRONCOS (21:40) -- INDIANAPOLIS

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 19:07 - Jan 5 with 746 viewsdurham_exile

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Up the U's

Good Luck RS

Durham_exile

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 19:30 - Jan 5 with 742 viewsgerry_us

So Leadbelly, you reckon on all home bankers then? So how's I go for aways?
All matches look pretty close to call and one way or another we should get a result in our match-up.

BALTIMORE RAVENS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 19:32]
Login to get fewer ads

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 21:16 - Jan 5 with 730 viewsSarboy

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Ne Te Confundant Illegitemi

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 22:58 - Jan 5 with 724 viewsmfb_cufc

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 15:56 - Jan 5 by Barsidepete

I was robbed by a referee's decision, MFB. Otherwise probably would have had Lions to win correct. Conspiracy theory

When the Lions had a 14 point lead, I thought your theory of the Cowboys choking was coming true. But they battled back well in the end. Robbed by a referee's decision? You sound like a Premier League manager/coach.

mfb

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 05:58 - Jan 6 with 708 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 19:07 - Jan 5 by durham_exile

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Up the U's

Good Luck RS

oh dear, same post as for Sarboy v Thrillseeker...

Pete, you are welcome to edit your post after you see RSCO's because he has the automatic "higher seed" tie-breaker, so if he picks two different from you he is on to the semis. But then, James is afforded one edit as well... *reminder, the overall table will continue with other types of picks in the semis, so who knows, the "table" may reflect something other than who wins the playoff championship:) ...

Actually, looking forward to see who edits by the 21:30 Saturday deadline, haha, meaning anyone
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 6:22]

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 06:08 - Jan 6 with 705 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 22:58 - Jan 5 by mfb_cufc

When the Lions had a 14 point lead, I thought your theory of the Cowboys choking was coming true. But they battled back well in the end. Robbed by a referee's decision? You sound like a Premier League manager/coach.

The way we picked, I need our nearby local Ravens, up the road from Wash DC, to win, otherwise you are in the semifinals.

And I can't believe you forced my hand to pick the Cowboys. If I am correct it won't be bittersweet as a Redskins supporter to tick Dallas to win. Frankly, it will suck. Honestly? Hope you are correct, Packers win. Yikes.

edit due to a glaring typo.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 6:10]

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 06:17 - Jan 6 with 695 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 19:30 - Jan 5 by gerry_us

All matches look pretty close to call and one way or another we should get a result in our match-up.

BALTIMORE RAVENS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Opted for three aways myself, Gerry:)

The sports proverb here when all seems "obvious," when the other club wins and surprises, "That's why they play the game." .. credit to pundit Chris Berman on ESPN here for decades.

You may be on to something.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 6:18]

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 11:00 - Jan 6 with 676 viewsthrillseeker

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 15:19 - Jan 5 by Barsidepete

From a strategic standpoint, Thrillo, I would have waited till Sarboy posted, because if he posts his requisite 2 different then he automatically advances to the semifinals.

Having said that, you can edit your predictions later in the week,.. but then again, so can Sar. One edit each, that's it.

The "overall table" .. That will continue straight through till the Super Bowl.

The four eliminated from the Superb Owl, it means your efforts will be noted as we move forward. Don't stop participating...

Could be an interesting contrast if the table leader ends up top while Not being the Superb Owl champion.

Onward

I wouldn't worry Pete.

I haven't a clue regarding the teams/ games and if you have ever noticed I always go for a Patriots win no matter who they play. This is because they have England in their team name so as you can see my reasons for picking teams is very scientific.

I just enjoy taking part. If people are prepared, in their own time, to operate a league I will support it by participating
The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 13:05 - Jan 6 with 672 viewsLeadbelly

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 19:30 - Jan 5 by gerry_us

BALTIMORE RAVENS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Some very good match ups this weekend and if I'm right on all four I will be amazed. As long as the Pats advance I don't much care!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 21:37 - Jan 6 with 657 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 13:05 - Jan 6 by Leadbelly

Some very good match ups this weekend and if I'm right on all four I will be amazed. As long as the Pats advance I don't much care!

Know what you mean, Leeds. Personally, so long as Cowboys don't win (forced to predict em by MFB, ow.? Rather not get points than predicting a Dallas win. Good grief.

Good luck this weekend,mate.

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 22:17 - Jan 6 with 646 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Hey Pete, what happens if I pick the same four as Durham? I'm thinking about the "so-called overall table".

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 09:56 - Jan 7 with 636 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 22:17 - Jan 6 by RSCOSWORTH

Hey Pete, what happens if I pick the same four as Durham? I'm thinking about the "so-called overall table".

That's more for informational purposes. No so-called prize for the so-called table

Rules remain. Only two may be the same. The third (or fourth) the same as your opponent is worth no points.

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 10:18 - Jan 7 with 628 viewsgerry_us

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 22:17 - Jan 6 by RSCOSWORTH

You would go through on superior seeding as two of your predictions would be ignored but you would match Durham's for the other two. Worst you would finish would be 5-5.
Another case for some sort of tie-breaker methinks.
The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 16:14 - Jan 7 with 620 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 10:18 - Jan 7 by gerry_us

You would go through on superior seeding as two of your predictions would be ignored but you would match Durham's for the other two. Worst you would finish would be 5-5.
Another case for some sort of tie-breaker methinks.

We're still on this?

So not only would a PLer have had the first to post tie-breaker, that would also have limited their opponent to a maximum of two outcomes the same.

Whatever it is worth, 3 of 4 higher seeds are faring better after the first leg. And you and Leadbelly stand at 3-3, still all to play for -- so there is something to be said for the higher seed.*meaning the last 4 weeks were de facto playoff weeks, were they not?

It was stated for weeks that the seedings would be the tie-breaker. I didn't hear anyone complaining.

In fact, I'm not sure why RSCO wants to tweak the rules on the fly. All he needs to do is post two different than Durham and he is on to the semifinals -- although, Durham is welcome to do a last minute edit.

Same for Sarboy v Thrillseeker.

**Gerry, why don't you just keep predicting and perhaps finish top of the "so-called overall table?" Create a talking point. -- you need to go 3 of 4 versus Leeds because 2-2 is not enough (5-5 pk tie-breker win). Anyone is welcome to edit by no later than 21:29 time code post. That is strategy, sod first to post breaker.

I relaunched the NFL PL after a one year absence and was happy with streamlined format. We can always fine tune the league for September 2015.

Perhaps even to reintroduce the two 2-pointers:)
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 17:31]

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 23:50 - Jan 8 with 577 viewsBarsidepete

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
DENVER BRONCOS

I need to make one edit, Mfb... Packers to win. There really is no reason for me to have three different from you:)

BALTIMORE RAVENS at NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Saturday 16:35/21:35) -- BALTIMORE
CAROLINA PANTHERS at SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (Sat. 20:15/01:15) -- SEATTLE
DALLAS COWBOYS at GREEN BAY PACKERS (18:05 UK) -- PACKERS *edit
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at DENVER BRONCOS (21:40) -- INDIANAPOLIS

I'd get a really sick feeling if D*ll*s won and I was correct, so Go Pack.

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 00:49 - Jan 10 with 556 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Play Offs

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
DENVER BRONCOS

Sorry Durham I can't play a part in my own downfall so have picked "my four" winners meaning you're going to have to edit yours to beat me.

Good luck to you sir!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 17:57 - Jan 11 with 530 viewsBarsidepete

Saturday results:
Baltimore 31 at NEW ENGLAND 35
Carolina 17 at SEATTLE 31

today:
DALLAS COWBOYS at GREEN BAY PACKERS (18:05 UK) *Sky Sports 3
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at DENVER BRONCOS (21:40) *Sky Sports 3

Updated: 6 of 8 played: SUPERB OWL:

(1) MFB v (8) Barside 5-3
(2) Sarboy v (7) Thrillseeker 6-4
(3) Leadbelly v (6) Gerry 5-3
(4) RSCO v (5) Durham 5-2

The so-called overall table: (higher seed has tie-breaker, period, no first to post factor... seeding posted at left)

(2) SARBOY............ (2-0)...... 6-0
(1) mfb_cufc ......... (2-0)...... 5-1
(3) Leadbelly.......... (2-0)...... 5-1
(4) RSCOSWORTH... (2-0)...... 5-1
(7) thrillseeker........ (2-0)...... 4-2
(6) gerry_us ........... (0-2)...... 3-3
(8) Barsidepete....... (1-1)...... 3-3
(5) durham_exile.... (1-1)...... 2-4

Next week's AFC and NFC championship games will also include a few other predictions, not just pick winners.

Everyone welcome to continue. The overall table will

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 21:22 - Jan 11 with 515 viewsgerry_us

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 17:57 - Jan 11 by Barsidepete

Saturday results:

today:
DALLAS COWBOYS at GREEN BAY PACKERS (18:05 UK) *Sky Sports 3
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at DENVER BRONCOS (21:40) *Sky Sports 3

Updated: 6 of 8 played: SUPERB OWL:

(1) MFB v (8) Barside 5-3
(2) Sarboy v (7) Thrillseeker 6-4
(3) Leadbelly v (6) Gerry 5-3
(4) RSCO v (5) Durham 5-2

(2) SARBOY............ (2-0)...... 6-0
(1) mfb_cufc ......... (2-0)...... 5-1
(3) Leadbelly.......... (2-0)...... 5-1
(4) RSCOSWORTH... (2-0)...... 5-1
(7) thrillseeker........ (2-0)...... 4-2
(6) gerry_us ........... (0-2)...... 3-3
(8) Barsidepete....... (1-1)...... 3-3
(5) durham_exile.... (1-1)...... 2-4

Next week's AFC and NFC championship games will also include a few other predictions, not just pick winners.

Everyone welcome to continue. The overall table will

Congrats LB. You are now out of sight with your home win predictions. I am just hoping for a token win for the final game.
The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 01:04 - Jan 12 with 506 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL, quarterfinals 2nd leg, deadline Sat @ 21:30 on 21:22 - Jan 11 by gerry_us

Congrats LB. You are now out of sight with your home win predictions. I am just hoping for a token win for the final game.

Token win what, Gerry? you dropping off for the semis and overall table comp-ing? I assure you there will be plenty of points left to be nicked in the final two weeks

Results:
Dallas 21 at GREEN BAY 26
INDIANAPOLIS 24 at Denver 13

SUPERB OWL final outcomes:

(1) MFB v (8) Barside 6-5
(2) Sarboy v (7) Thrillseeker 8-4
(3) Leadbelly v (6) Gerry 6-4
(4) RSCO v (5) Durham 6-3

Owl semifinals will be:
(1) MFB v (4) RSCOSWORTH
(2) SARBOY v (3) LEADBELLY

the Europa league:
(5) Durham v (8) Barsidepete
(6) Gerry v (7) Thrillseeker

(2) SARBOY............ (4-0)...... 8-0
(1) mfb_cufc ......... (3-1)...... 6-2
(3) Leadbelly.......... (3-1)...... 6-2
(4) RSCOSWORTH.. (3-1)...... 6-2
(8) Barsidepete....... (3-1)...... 5-3
(6) gerry_us ........... (1-3)...... 4-4
(7) thrillseeker........ (2-2)...... 4-4
(5) durham_exile.... (2-2)...... 3-5

Everyone welcome to continue. The overall table will keep on till the season is over

Semifinal matchups to follow shortly.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 2:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024