Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... 11:56 - Mar 17 with 910 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester's task is simple - to win 6 from 10 including tonight's match against the Glovers, or look forward to League Two football next season.

TH appears to have passed the baton to RH and has gone to ground since the infamous Clohissy incident. Handshakegate at the Keepmoat!

Regardless of who is actually in charge tonight the eleven players who take the field know that only a win will be good enough. This is the last chance saloon.

Defeat and we go bottom of the league.

Spurs have managed to delay the international clearance for Bongani Khumalo (after they failed to turn up at Old Trafford on Sunday!) and if this is not through in time then he cannot play against Yeovil Town. Hopefully the paperwork will be completed in time, we need him.

So TH or RH will select the side as follows in a 4,3,3 formation:

Walker

Hewitt Eastman Wynter Briggs (Khumalo will play allowing Hewitt to play right midfield if clearance comes through)

Gilbey Fox Szmodics (or Hewitt)

Massey Porter Healey

Subs:

Lewington Vincent-Young Bonne Sembie-Ferris Moncur Murphy Szmodics (if Hewitt plays instead of Khumalo.

Grim times indeed for the super U's.

Conceding three goals to relegation certainties Crawley is unacceptable, but then so is losing 12 home matches and if we fail to garner the requisite number of survival points then that will be the principal reason for our abject failure this season.

I do not hold with the theory that a season in League Two will be beneficial. We must survive the spectre of relegation for a third season running or face untold misery in the lower league. There is no guarantee of instant return just mid table oblivion in the lower division against Tranmere, Northampton etc. etc. It is too horrendous to contemplate.

Yes I know that after 42 years I have seen it all before but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy or endure it.

Time to show what the team can do and start tonight with a win. The season starts this evening. The players can either achieve or not it's up to them.

TH hero or villain we will know soon enough.

Keep the faith.

Up the U's

Churchill knew how to inspire................"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'"
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 12:03]

Durham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 12:02 - Mar 17 with 901 viewsmrhappy

Im predicting to go out all guns blazing tonight.

YES

4-0

your see

My Norwich v Derby spot on - sets the tone

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 12:05 - Mar 17 with 892 viewsdurham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 12:02 - Mar 17 by mrhappy

Im predicting to go out all guns blazing tonight.

YES

4-0

your see

My Norwich v Derby spot on - sets the tone

Yes, Mr Happy but you and I also predicted a Colchester win on Saturday!!!!!!!!

By the way I'm with you on the 4-0 with a Porter hattrick!

Up the Ewes and Rams!!!!

Durham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 12:27 - Mar 17 with 882 viewsmrhappy

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 12:05 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

Yes, Mr Happy but you and I also predicted a Colchester win on Saturday!!!!!!!!

By the way I'm with you on the 4-0 with a Porter hattrick!

Up the Ewes and Rams!!!!

Its true...

I am now washing via a drain.

lol

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 13:01 - Mar 17 with 874 viewsLeadbelly

Szmodics almost certainly unavailable due to injury suffered on Saturday.

I've just been talking to a Yeovil fan of my acquaintance. He said the problems are "too many loan signings who don't care about the club and a manager who can't manage". Took me a moment to realise he was talking about Yeovil.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 13:28 - Mar 17 with 869 viewsBarsidepete

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 13:01 - Mar 17 by Leadbelly

Szmodics almost certainly unavailable due to injury suffered on Saturday.

I've just been talking to a Yeovil fan of my acquaintance. He said the problems are "too many loan signings who don't care about the club and a manager who can't manage". Took me a moment to realise he was talking about Yeovil.

That's funny.

Because of Happy's thread about loanees and mercenaries, I too thought this was a comment on the U's as I read along till your Yeovil disclaimer;)

Thing is, there is a nice farm system (as US sports would label it) which sends the occasional loanee here from important clubs.

Regardless of that outcome, some big clubs have no problem entrusting ColU with their works-in-progress.

And the youth academy.

The future is bright. Now let's get those invaluable 3 points tonight. Have predicted 2-1 in Daniel's PL, but 4-nil will do

Keeping the faith. Ho hum.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 13:33]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 13:41 - Mar 17 with 859 viewsnoah4x4

"Finest Hour" Durham?

That's our problem. We need to play for 90 minutes.
There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 15:21 - Mar 17 with 840 viewsdurham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 13:41 - Mar 17 by noah4x4

"Finest Hour" Durham?

That's our problem. We need to play for 90 minutes.

Noah, hopefully the U's will already be out of sight after 60 minutes!

Enjoy the game.

Keep the faith.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 17:53 - Mar 17 with 817 viewsthrillseeker

It's 3 points or bust tonight.

Can we get the result that will provide a stay of execution?
Login to get fewer ads

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 19:51 - Mar 17 with 796 viewsgerry_us

Porter on the bench...Bad.
Sembi-Ferris on from the start..Good
Both on together would have been innovative.
There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 20:15 - Mar 17 with 787 viewsthrillseeker

It is a strange line up but if it gets 3pts I will be happy
There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 21:53 - Mar 17 with 762 viewsgerry_us

That'll do but Coventry are now out of sight but both Crewe and Notts County in free fall and there to be taken.
You could have taken bets on a Wordsworth goal tonight.
Still everything to play for.
There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 21:55 - Mar 17 with 762 viewsdurham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 20:15 - Mar 17 by thrillseeker

It is a strange line up but if it gets 3pts I will be happy

The first of six wins to keep us in the league.

Other results did not go well however.

We must win, I would suggest, at both Port Vale and Coventry.

Nice to win at the Priestfield on Saturday.

Up the resurgent U's

Durham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 22:09 - Mar 17 with 750 viewsgerry_us

Got to aim for Crewe who have gruesome goal difference.
There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 08:51 - Mar 18 with 695 viewsdurham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 22:09 - Mar 17 by gerry_us

Got to aim for Crewe who have gruesome goal difference.

Gerry did you have an enjoyable time away.

I have lined up Port Vale and Coventry away and both will be vital games.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 11:20 - Mar 18 with 679 viewsgerry_us

There's a kind of Huish all over the Town tonight................... on 08:51 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

Gerry did you have an enjoyable time away.

I have lined up Port Vale and Coventry away and both will be vital games.

Up the U's

Yep, great holiday Pete. I arrive back in UK and hey presto...three points.
First aiming for my first WHCS visit for some while for the Swindon match then see what happens after.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024