Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket malfunction 08:41 - Aug 9 with 953 viewsLeadbelly

My card refused to scan yesterday, which is not uncommon in my experience, but the steward confiscated my card and said it would be available at the ticket office following the game after it had been "checked out".

After queuing for ages at the ticket office I was told the card would be checked during this week and posted back to me in due course. It seemed pretty clear from what I saw and heard that a lot of other people were in the same boat.

Anyone else have problems or know what went wrong?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Season ticket malfunction on 09:11 - Aug 9 with 942 viewsbwildered

Fruitbat had the same problem . Due to some cards working Ok and others not must be a software error on set up surely .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Season ticket malfunction on 10:40 - Aug 9 with 928 viewsLeadbelly

Suspect so. Steward on the gate said the turnstile wasn't working but as the person in front of me had no problem nor the person behind I didn't buy that at all.

Season ticket malfunction on 12:42 - Aug 9 with 917 viewsFruitbat

Got the same message from the steward but couldn't be bothered to queue up so emailed them when I got home. Looks like there must have been quite a few. Mine didn't work for most of the second half of last season either so I'm entirely used to it.

If the electronic system, which presumably cost several thousand quid but still requires a steward to override it when it doesn't work, is that unreliable maybe we should just go back to propper turnstile operators.
Season ticket malfunction on 13:34 - Aug 9 with 907 viewsLeadbelly

Season ticket malfunction on 12:42 - Aug 9 by Fruitbat

Got the same message from the steward but couldn't be bothered to queue up so emailed them when I got home. Looks like there must have been quite a few. Mine didn't work for most of the second half of last season either so I'm entirely used to it.

If the electronic system, which presumably cost several thousand quid but still requires a steward to override it when it doesn't work, is that unreliable maybe we should just go back to propper turnstile operators.

That sort of sensible talk will get you in trouble!

Season ticket malfunction on 17:33 - Aug 9 with 894 viewsTheOldOakTree

Season ticket malfunction on 12:42 - Aug 9 by Fruitbat

This is 2015 for goodness sake, the continual tearing out of pages from the old style season tickets would risk repetitive strain injury for any turnstile operator and WHCS would be shut down by the Health and Safety Executive. The new system has effectively cured all the problems that didn't exist with the old system and as with any progress, teething problems such as 'not fit for purpose' are to be expected. You are reminded that this is a 'Community' stadium and for anyone lacking appropriate social skills, an enforced trip to the ticket office can go a long way to relieving loanliness.
Season ticket malfunction on 17:52 - Aug 9 with 888 viewsLeadbelly

Season ticket malfunction on 17:33 - Aug 9 by TheOldOakTree

This is 2015 for goodness sake, the continual tearing out of pages from the old style season tickets would risk repetitive strain injury for any turnstile operator and WHCS would be shut down by the Health and Safety Executive. The new system has effectively cured all the problems that didn't exist with the old system and as with any progress, teething problems such as 'not fit for purpose' are to be expected. You are reminded that this is a 'Community' stadium and for anyone lacking appropriate social skills, an enforced trip to the ticket office can go a long way to relieving loanliness.

"The new system has effectively cured all the problems that didn't exist with the old system" Very funny and yet true, sadly.

Season ticket malfunction on 18:05 - Aug 10 with 835 viewsFruitbat

Season ticket malfunction on 17:52 - Aug 9 by Leadbelly

"The new system has effectively cured all the problems that didn't exist with the old system" Very funny and yet true, sadly.

I've recently come to the conclusion that this is very much the point of most new technology over the last ten or twenty years.

My cat has a microchip which operates the cat flap. She runs about outside, chases things up trees, fights with other cats and gets soaked in the rain. Works perfectly. My season ticket lives safely in my wallet and gets taken out two or three times a month under relatively benign conditions. Hasn't worked since December. Perhaps this is a solution for next season.
Season ticket malfunction on 18:58 - Aug 10 with 828 viewsbwildered

Wear a cat suit to get in then !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket malfunction on 21:04 - Aug 10 with 815 viewsLeadbelly

Insert your season ticket into the cat?

Season ticket malfunction on 21:12 - Aug 10 with 806 viewsFruitbat

Season ticket malfunction on 21:04 - Aug 10 by Leadbelly

Insert your season ticket into the cat?

Bring cat to football. I believe it is traditional that they play in goal.
Season ticket malfunction on 21:36 - Aug 10 with 796 viewsLeadbelly

Season ticket malfunction on 21:12 - Aug 10 by Fruitbat

That must be why the dog nailed Chic Brodie at Layer Rd.

Season ticket malfunction on 04:55 - Aug 11 with 777 viewswessex_exile

Season ticket malfunction on 21:12 - Aug 10 by Fruitbat

I'm sure there's a Mrs Slocombe joke in there somewhere :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Season ticket malfunction on 08:17 - Aug 12 with 741 viewsTheOldOakTree

Season ticket malfunction on 04:55 - Aug 11 by wessex_exile

I'm sure there's a Mrs Slocombe joke in there somewhere :-)

Mr Peacock, rest assured that you will always get in, if you have my pussy in your hand!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024