Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get shirty . 18:10 - Nov 6 with 776 viewsbwildered

Read an article on the Greatest Football Shirts Ever .

So let's have your two favourite football shirts, one U's and another .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Get shirty . on 18:43 - Nov 6 with 769 viewsTheOldOakTree

I know it should be the blue and white, but my favourite U's shirt was the red Riddleys away shirt. I've still got one taking up space in a drawer.

I don't like the orange, and I've always thought the club miss out on sales by having a weird colour, when if they had a shirt that people would be happy to wear any day and not just to the match then they would sell far more.

I know someone's going to say they are happy wearing the stripes all week, but some people (like me) have a missus that says "you're not coming out with me dressed like that". Yes you can see the thumbprint.

So next year please lets have a plain white or similar away shirt with a modest sponsors name (not Easyskip!) and I'll be allowed to wear one around town.

I don't have another club, so second choice would be any England shirt, or more likely a motor racing shirt.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 18:51]
Get shirty . on 20:00 - Nov 6 with 749 viewswessex_exile

I assume everyone will have a favourite blue and white stripes, and mine would be the classic narrow blue and white of the 70s, long sleeves with collar a la Garwood, Gough, Froggatt etc. era.

However, I will choose the all red Watney Cup long sleeved shirt for the U's, to be different, and as I'm a sucker for stripes, the Porterfield red and white of Sunderland (followed closely by the McCall, Hendrie etc. claret and amber stripes of the 80s Bradford City).

Coventry's shite brown and Brighton's self-deprecating pink (before it bizarrely became vogue elsewhere) do deserve some sort of special commendation though.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Get shirty . on 20:14 - Nov 6 with 754 viewsLeadbelly

I agree with TOOT on the Ridley's shirt. I'll also have the Leeds shirt from the '70s with the smiley badge.

Honourable mention must go to my oft worn, but not at football, Dukla Prague away kit.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Get shirty . on 10:32 - Nov 7 with 719 viewsBlue4U2

Pictures please!
Sounds very interesting but I'm not familiar with all of them.
Get shirty . on 11:35 - Nov 7 with 716 viewsTheOldOakTree

Get shirty . on 10:32 - Nov 7 by Blue4U2

Pictures please!
Sounds very interesting but I'm not familiar with all of them.

The following link shows a few of them, including the red Ridleys.

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/c/colchester-united/old-colchester-uni

I forgot the white 'Tiptree' shirt that also got worn to death.
Get shirty . on 12:04 - Nov 7 with 706 viewsFruitbat

I always think stripey shirts look better with a slightly thinner stripe (and stripes on the back - why do we persist in contracting with kit manufacturers who seem to find that such a difficult concept?) I still like the conference winning shirt (thin stripes!) and the admiral shirts from 2004-6 (slightly thicker but still reasonably thin compared to some. First Us shirt I actually bought was the Royal London one with the pinstripe.

Elsewhere, the early 90s Arsenal away kit, yellow base with apparently random black bits all over it was good and I really liked the Croatian red and white checkerboard shirt from the World Cup (94?).
Get shirty . on 17:27 - Nov 7 with 688 viewsBarsidepete

Oh. This is a tough one.

I have a soft spot for my Yeates #11 which has my Colchester United Supporters Club & Association pins on it, added over time.

It has the Weston Homes Plc. That was a Puma shirt. I really love the style of the Diadora/Haart/Spicer McColl, stripes front and back.

But damn, my black Puma shirt, Kevin Lisbie #20 with the WH Plc above his name, jobserve in gold on front, that's definitely one of my favourites.

No other clubs besides: Spurs are class... Derby County with Marston's Pedigree as the Rams sponsor, a shirt Haps gifted me a few years ago. That's it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2015 17:35]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024