Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! 15:03 - Apr 19 with 1805 viewsdurham_exile

After the devastating defeat to Peterbore on Saturday, KK takes his charges to Gresty Road to take on the Railwaymen this evening.

Irony abounds when we are under considerable pressure not to be" doubled" by already relegated Crewe Alexandra. In fact defeat could spell the end of 18 years outside the basement Division, which would be desperate in the extreme.

Four to play, 12 points up for grabs and an unlikely scenario of 50 points being sufficient to retain our League One status, is what Colchester must try to obtain.

Further irony is that David Blacknall has received a highly commended for his preparation of a superb playing surface at the WHCS, which has clearly only helped the opposition, because we have only managed four league victories at home. Grim times indeed.

I suspect that KK will not make too many changes in the light of the debacle on saturday. Although one or two players are jaded, wholesale changes are not the answer.

Defeat tonight is unthinkable; we simply have to win and hope that others can now do us a big favour. I would however rest Tom Eastman for the big game against Burton and bring young Chambers back into the team and play Bonne from the start.

Parish

Brindley Chambers Kent Shorey

Gilbey Moncur Garvan

Massey Bonne Lee

Subs:

Edwards Barnes Lapslie Wright Porter Akinwande Wynter

Safe journey to the travelling faithful. Bang that drum extra loud especially for the beam back to the WHCS.

41 point with three to play gives us a chance, anything else and you better start to set your SATNAVs for vegetarian Forest Green, Accrington Stanley and Morecambe - deep joy!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 17:19 - Apr 19 with 1457 viewsBarsidepete

I just felt it. I posted 1-2 (Moncur to score) in Daniel's league.

I'm still first in Daniel's PL (albeit by only a point). A title to win in The U'sual, potentially, but I'm not going to be champ on the backs of The U's losing.

And of course I'll be listening and chewing nails via U's Player stateside.

Even a point could be vital in the big picture. By the way, how did we get someone like Nicky Shorey? He would have cost a fortune 5 years ago. He has a top-flight pedigree, including a couple of caps for the Three LIons.

Up the U's.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 17:26]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 17:48 - Apr 19 with 1446 viewsFruitbat

The scenarios are (I think, this is all a bit back of a fag packet):

Fail to win = relegated
Win = not relegated if one of Oldham, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury fail to win, then it goes to Saturday. Oldham win gives them 51 points and we can oly get 50. Wins for the other two give them 50 but they have vastly superior GD. Blackpool don't play tonight.
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 17:58 - Apr 19 with 1442 viewsdurham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 17:48 - Apr 19 by Fruitbat

The scenarios are (I think, this is all a bit back of a fag packet):

Fail to win = relegated
Win = not relegated if one of Oldham, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury fail to win, then it goes to Saturday. Oldham win gives them 51 points and we can oly get 50. Wins for the other two give them 50 but they have vastly superior GD. Blackpool don't play tonight.

Fruitbat you're just a Party Animal.

Seriously though THAT defeat at the weekend (never mind about the other 21) has sadly hastened the inevitable!

Can we rely on Chesterfield to beat Doncaster, Millwall to beat Fleetwood, Shrewsbury to lose to Sheff Utd and Scummend to beat Oldham. All eminently feasible!

Up the U's

I'm hoping that we can prolong things until the Barnsley game which I will be going to!

[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 18:01]

Durham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 19:49 - Apr 19 with 1408 viewsgerry_us

Macca Bonne finally starts a match. Nailed on certainty for a goal...or two even.
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:14 - Apr 19 with 1378 viewsthrillseeker

We have taken the lead - Moncur penalty
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:14 - Apr 19 with 1378 viewsdurham_exile

Everyone is doing what they have to except guess who Scummend.

How I loathe them.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:39 - Apr 19 with 1358 viewsdurham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:14 - Apr 19 by durham_exile

Everyone is doing what they have to except guess who Scummend.

How I loathe them.

Up the U's

Well Accrington here we come

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:40 - Apr 19 with 1357 viewsgerry_us

The curtain has come down now Peter. We must now accept Div.2 next season
Login to get fewer ads

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:40 - Apr 19 with 1357 viewsthrillseeker

Disappointing

Relegation confirmed now I believe due to how remaining fixtures work
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:41 - Apr 19 with 1356 viewsjonestones

1-1.

Who'd be a U's fan.
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:44 - Apr 19 with 1350 viewsBarsidepete

At least I got Big George to net the first in Daniel's PL.

Now let me go and be sick about a 1-1

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:46 - Apr 19 with 1337 viewsthrillseeker

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:41 - Apr 19 by jonestones

1-1.

Who'd be a U's fan.

ME

I'm always proud to be a U's fan
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:48 - Apr 19 with 1332 viewsColukev

Are we actually mathematically down now?
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:55 - Apr 19 with 1313 viewsdurham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:48 - Apr 19 by Colukev

Are we actually mathematically down now?

No we simply have to win our last three games andshrewsbury have to lose all four andfleetwood have to lose all three.

Simple as.

Game over
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 21:57]

Durham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:56 - Apr 19 with 1313 viewsFruitbat

No, I got the maths wrong (no surprise there) we can still get 48 and Fleetwood and Shrewsbury still only have 47.

Realistically however.........
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:59 - Apr 19 with 1305 viewsjonestones

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:46 - Apr 19 by thrillseeker

ME

I'm always proud to be a U's fan

As we all are.

It doesn't stop the gut retching feeling that relegation brings though. Or the feeling of dread that has just suddenly dawned on me and extinguished the last ray of hope that I had that we would cling to our league one status.

Still... onwards and upwards.
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:59 - Apr 19 with 1305 viewsthrillseeker

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:56 - Apr 19 by Fruitbat

No, I got the maths wrong (no surprise there) we can still get 48 and Fleetwood and Shrewsbury still only have 47.

Realistically however.........

I think the remaining fixtures for the surrounding teams means we are down, for example Fleetwood V Blackpool
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 22:12 - Apr 19 with 1281 viewsFruitbat

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:59 - Apr 19 by thrillseeker

I think the remaining fixtures for the surrounding teams means we are down, for example Fleetwood V Blackpool

Not quite (this is getting a bit sad now!).

We need Fleetwood to win it, that makes them safe. Blackpool lose their other two, Shrewsbury and Doncaster lose their remaining three, we win ours - 5th from bottom we stay up on 48 points.

Not happening of course.

Correction - Shrews have 4 left, they need to lose all of them.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 22:15]
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 22:25 - Apr 19 with 1265 viewsthrillseeker

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:59 - Apr 19 by jonestones

As we all are.

It doesn't stop the gut retching feeling that relegation brings though. Or the feeling of dread that has just suddenly dawned on me and extinguished the last ray of hope that I had that we would cling to our league one status.

Still... onwards and upwards.

Oh, I feel the pain
Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 22:29 - Apr 19 with 1260 viewsLeadbelly

A somewhat unlikely string of results required for survival now...to say the least.

Writing has been on the wall for months I'm afraid. Big decisions to be made over the summer to ensure next season is completely different to this. I wish I felt more confident that will happen.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 22:47 - Apr 19 with 1243 viewsdurham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:40 - Apr 19 by gerry_us

The curtain has come down now Peter. We must now accept Div.2 next season

Gerry sadly you are right.

Not looking forward to it at all.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 11:01 - Apr 20 with 1170 viewsBlueStripes

The annoying thing is that Colchester COULD have actually pulled off the great escape if they had not conceded all those injury-time goals in recent weeks. They've lost 7 points against Walsall, Wigan and now Crewe all in added-on time, 7 extra points would have put them on 46 now and with the momentum behind them I think they could have actually stayed up. But hey! it just goes to show what a feeble bunch they are and they fully deserve to be playing League 2 football next season
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:27 - Apr 20 with 1161 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 11:01 - Apr 20 by BlueStripes

The annoying thing is that Colchester COULD have actually pulled off the great escape if they had not conceded all those injury-time goals in recent weeks. They've lost 7 points against Walsall, Wigan and now Crewe all in added-on time, 7 extra points would have put them on 46 now and with the momentum behind them I think they could have actually stayed up. But hey! it just goes to show what a feeble bunch they are and they fully deserve to be playing League 2 football next season

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 11:53 - Apr 20 with 1155 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 21:39 - Apr 19 by durham_exile

Well Accrington here we come

Up the U's

You know Accrington are 2nd in League Two right? Unbeaten in nine and looking good for automatic promotion.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 17:07 - Apr 20 with 1113 viewsdurham_exile

Crewe are already up the Junction, we don't want to join them! on 11:53 - Apr 20 by RSCOSWORTH

You know Accrington are 2nd in League Two right? Unbeaten in nine and looking good for automatic promotion.

Regardless, we will be playing at the Crown Ground next season.

This season has been hugely disappointing in many respects, League Two is going to be both tough and shocking in equal measure.

Still very raw but massively appalling and some really crap teams and grounds to encounter next season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024