Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are 09:45 - Jun 10 with 1532 viewsBarsidepete

Called "Dream Team": (it's a UK Subbuteo site I got these from)

Jamie Vardy
Gareth Bale
Cristiano Ronaldo
Neymar
Petr Cech
Landon Donovan
Wayne Rooney
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Luis Suarez
Clint Dempsey
Bastian Schweinsteiger

Basically no one on defense. Everyone in attack mode. This custom set cost me a small fortune.

What's yours? I literally paid about £70 for 11 custom hand-painted players.

edit: you select your own players. Not part of a set kit.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 9:50]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 15:44 - Jun 10 with 1511 viewsmrhappy

I will play you one day Peter, me you and Des in a mini league - let me know.

we love the game.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 15:54 - Jun 10 with 1510 viewsdurham_exile

Pete I have about 30 subbuteo football teams including two cardboard teams (very old).

Colchester United has to be my dream team but my Chelsea Peter Osgood player has survived multiple broken legs and has always come back stronger.

I have repainted some of the teams over the years. All are stored in the loft in their boxes.

I also have Subbuteo rugby and Subbuteo cricket. Both also excellent games.

The hardboard base for the three playing surfaces is under the stairs and fits on the dining room table on the rare occasions that the games are now played.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 16:10 - Jun 10 with 1506 viewsgerry_us

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 15:54 - Jun 10 by durham_exile

Pete I have about 30 subbuteo football teams including two cardboard teams (very old).

Colchester United has to be my dream team but my Chelsea Peter Osgood player has survived multiple broken legs and has always come back stronger.

I have repainted some of the teams over the years. All are stored in the loft in their boxes.

I also have Subbuteo rugby and Subbuteo cricket. Both also excellent games.

The hardboard base for the three playing surfaces is under the stairs and fits on the dining room table on the rare occasions that the games are now played.

Up the U's

But have you got the floodlight kit Durham?
Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 17:43 - Jun 10 with 1491 viewsFruitbat

Used to have the '66 World Cup set when I was kid and now have the Italia '90 set I picked up a few years ago along with a few extra teams. You used to be able to get them fairly cheap from charity shops but they eventually worked out how much people were actually prepared to pay for them and the prices went up considerably.

Still play a few games with my mate who's a proper collector and has boxes full and I used to work with a guy who played in one of the early leagues run by Peter Adolph, the bloke who invented it.
Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 19:52 - Jun 10 with 1481 viewsdurham_exile

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 16:10 - Jun 10 by gerry_us

But have you got the floodlight kit Durham?

Gerry no floodlights I'm afraid but plenty of other accessories.

Durham_exile

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 19:55 - Jun 10 with 1479 viewsdurham_exile

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 17:43 - Jun 10 by Fruitbat

Used to have the '66 World Cup set when I was kid and now have the Italia '90 set I picked up a few years ago along with a few extra teams. You used to be able to get them fairly cheap from charity shops but they eventually worked out how much people were actually prepared to pay for them and the prices went up considerably.

Still play a few games with my mate who's a proper collector and has boxes full and I used to work with a guy who played in one of the early leagues run by Peter Adolph, the bloke who invented it.

Fruitbat that is impressive.

Seems that there is still quite a following for the game.

Durham_exile

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 19:59 - Jun 10 with 1479 viewsBarsidepete

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 17:43 - Jun 10 by Fruitbat

I've got the box, Fruit ... That place in England is massively expensive.

All 11 handpainted.

What player did i really truly want>

Vardy!!!

He;s gonna have his own space next to the TV. Go Foxes!!

edit: Vardy, hand-paintedl I'm in heaven.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 20:01]

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 20:14 - Jun 10 with 1476 viewsBarsidepete

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 19:59 - Jun 10 by Barsidepete

I've got the box, Fruit ... That place in England is massively expensive.

All 11 handpainted.

What player did i really truly want>

Vardy!!!

He;s gonna have his own space next to the TV. Go Foxes!!

edit: Vardy, hand-paintedl I'm in heaven.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 20:01]

Shyt, you have the 66? Inbox me price. I won't underbid. I'll give you total fair value. Good home. Never to be seen on eBay or Amxon.

Inbox me good price. I've been on this site for about 15 years. You got no worries.1966 England??It will come to me to heaven. You won't sell this to an idiot. I'll give tgis in 25-30 years to my godson.

Inbox me. urbanusarts@yahoo.com .. most here know my email address. the other, urbanusarts@icloud. I don't keep my address secret.

email address address .. typos, sorry.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 20:20]

Login to get fewer ads

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 21:10 - Jun 10 with 1464 viewsFruitbat

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 20:14 - Jun 10 by Barsidepete

Shyt, you have the 66? Inbox me price. I won't underbid. I'll give you total fair value. Good home. Never to be seen on eBay or Amxon.

Inbox me good price. I've been on this site for about 15 years. You got no worries.1966 England??It will come to me to heaven. You won't sell this to an idiot. I'll give tgis in 25-30 years to my godson.

Inbox me. urbanusarts@yahoo.com .. most here know my email address. the other, urbanusarts@icloud. I don't keep my address secret.

email address address .. typos, sorry.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 20:20]

Sorry Pete, "had" - past tense. It very regrettably went to the great table football graveyard 30 odd years ago.
Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 21:53 - Jun 10 with 1448 viewsLeadbelly

My very limited knowledge of Subbuteo comes from "All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit" by HMHB and "My perfect cousin" by The Undertones. I've never flicked a kick in anger myself.

Saw HMHB in Cambridge last night and they did a cover of "New Rose" by The Damned . This morning I bought tickets to see The Damned in Norwich in November, a mere 5 days after seeing The Undertones at the same venue. Funny old world.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 22:09 - Jun 10 with 1444 viewsBarsidepete

Spent a small fortune on 11 hand-painted Subbuteo players, here they are on 21:53 - Jun 10 by Leadbelly

My very limited knowledge of Subbuteo comes from "All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit" by HMHB and "My perfect cousin" by The Undertones. I've never flicked a kick in anger myself.

Saw HMHB in Cambridge last night and they did a cover of "New Rose" by The Damned . This morning I bought tickets to see The Damned in Norwich in November, a mere 5 days after seeing The Undertones at the same venue. Funny old world.

You are top class.I gethca. Leadbelly. Some of us understand how high high end Subbueteo is.

Subbuteo is one one of the greatest pressies some of us got at kids.

This was: There is Christmas :D

When I got my Subbuteo life changed.

It was surreal and incredible when I was young

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024